Eddie Hall to fight Thor Bjornsson: Aug 2021 tbc

United Hobbit

Surely it should be judged properly none of this showbiz draw toot?

I know naff all about boxing, but watched the last 4 rounds as I like watching worlds strongest man, Thor looked like he was destroying Eddie

It looked awful! Probably not helped by the only other boxing I've watched being Anthony Joshua but still...

kidbob

Shit missed it. Who "won" the fight for anyone who watched it? Expected Thor to be better from what I've seen of the two of them. Better as in not completely shite.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
Thor is the better boxer, Eddies a brawler with more aggression. The next fight needs to be no holds barred, head butts and eye gouging, the Fecking lot! That will settle It. Make it bare knuckle whilst their at it! Haha

LDUred

Thor's come out of this with credit because unlike Eddie he can actually box to a basic level.

Hall on the other hand was just a horror show in the ring. Looked only slightly better than Devon Larratt who basically jumped in at a week's notice.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Shit missed it. Who "won" the fight for anyone who watched it? Expected Thor to be better from what I've seen of the two of them. Better as in not completely shite.
Thor is the better boxer, Eddies a brawler with more aggression. The next fight needs to be no holds barred, head butts and eye gouging, the Fecking lot! That will settle It. Make it bare knuckle whilst their at it! Haha
Eddie’s head movement was miles better. His guard was pretty unconventional but he was able to slip punches, even if he didn’t block them. Thor was stiff as a board and would get absolutely battered by someone with the same height/reach.

The biggest difference was cardio, as expected. Consider his size, Thor’s stamina was impressive. Hall ran out of gas after the first few minutes

Dante

Average bang
Too soon

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
That actually comfortably exceeded my rock bottom expectations :lol:. The Welsh co-commentator called it right imo - Hall evidently got his conditioning all sorts of wrong but showed reasonable toughness and the odd bit of decent head movement. Thor was surprisingly well-conditioned and clearly worked hard to develop some fundamentals, although he was overly cautious and didn't throw his left enough. Given that I expected it to be a hug-fest with them basically holding each other up by the end of Round 2 Kimbo Slice vs Dada 5000 style, I'm quite relieved as a strongman fan.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
PS: Tonight's fight will probably look like Ali vs Frazier in comparison to the next big freakshow. If it goes ahead, which it probably shouldn't. I still giggle every time I see 'Hulk's' horrifcally shite attempt at a takedown.