Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
"Eden is technically gifted and very fast. He will be a major star in the future. I would take him to Real Madrid with my eyes closed.
Zinedine Zidane on the 19-year-old Eden Hazard, August 2010."

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Rooney was usually fit to play, just not at his top level. Which he got slated for, when in reality he had extreme mileage on the clock at that point.

Looks like a weight issue with Hazard, I mean what’s his excuse for being clearly overweight?

Especially when your time at the club has been blighted by injury, the least you do is stop eating burgers :lol:
This is clearly not a weight issue.

non profit football

Supports
Chelsea
160 million for a player in the last year of the contract.
Perhaps to compensate other businesses for money laundering.
Then a player who has never been injured passes 2 years without having yet presented himself in Madrid properly.
And he goes on eating burgers and laughing at Madrid.

It is modern football.

Dirty money and nobody wants to know about anything.

As the other said, Wales, Golf, Madrid.

Bwuk

Madrid would be as well as trying to cash in on him. It’s just not going to work for him at Madrid is it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Best timing of a sale ever, that's for sure.
In hindsight, perhaps. But Hazard didn’t leave Chelsea in this shape, and I think it could be reasonably summised that had he stayed, he would have continued being the Hazard that Chelsea saw.

Robbo 7

Madrid would be as well as trying to cash in on him. It’s just not going to work for him at Madrid is it.
How much do you think he's worth now compared to his transfer fee? He's 29 and played 28 games or so for Madrid in 2 years. I think the best they could hope for is to loan him out like Bale.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Worse than Kepa?
Kepa was OK in his first season, bang average mind you, but not the distaster he was last season.

Hazard has hardly played at all - 36 games scattered across two sssson. Must be frustrating for the fans to only see him a couple of games here and there in between lengthy injury layoffs.

Bwuk

How much do you think he's worth now compared to his transfer fee? He's 29 and played 28 games or so for Madrid in 2 years. I think the best they could hope for is to loan him out like Bale.
Someone would give them 30 - 40m for him easily.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Judging the success of a transfer can only be done with hindsight though.
Indeed, but that is more from a Real perspective. Judging Hazard in a Chelsea shirt, to me, should also include the Hazard that left Chelsea. Not the one who hasn’t adapted to another league. That doesn’t necessarily relate to the Hazard that would have just continued as he was.

I think the factors to also consider from a Chelsea perspective are what happened to your own team after he left, not what happened elsewhere. In that case - Chelsea still made the CL, and Pulisic grew and looked a worthy replacement last season - so from that perspective I’d say it was a good time for you guys to cash out for sure. You wouldn’t have won the league with him last year, and other than that you did well enough.

RUCK4444

This is clearly not a weight issue.
Not entirely but the start of this season it was apparently an issue, 5kgs overweight I believe?

Totally unprofessional from him and apparently he’s done it at Chelsea as well.

I would be livid if I were Zizou, highest paid player and he’s permanently crocked and when he’s not crocked he’s overweight.

One of the worst transfers ever this.

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
I've read so many different possible explanations, but in the end, they're all guesswork.

The most plausible two are imo:

- His body has been gradually been torn down by playing a huge amount of games from a very young age (professionally since he was 16 yo) and getting fouled more than anyone else. On top of that, he's not a health nut like Ronaldo.

- There is actually something going on with him other than regular injuries. I've read an interview with a neuroimmunologist that suggested that he could be suffering from some kind of neurological disorder, which would also partly explain his weight fluctuations. He basically said that it's virtually impossible to accumulate all these (different) injuries just by being unfit/unlucky. There must be something that's underlying.

Whatever it is, it's such a shame.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Not entirely but the start of this season it was apparently an issue, 5kgs overweight I believe?

Totally unprofessional from him and apparently he’s done it at Chelsea as well.

I would be livid if I were Zizou, highest paid player and he’s permanently crocked and when he’s not crocked he’s overweight.

One of the worst transfers ever this.
Being overweight at the start of the season cannot be the cause of all these constant injuries he's having.

RUCK4444

Being overweight at the start of the season cannot be the cause of all these constant injuries he's having.
No that’s why I said partly. Being overweight and therefore generally unfit isn’t going to help your recovery and return to the pitch.

Which is why Madrid were rightly furious about it.

Personally I don’t think they are missing a great deal, he doesn’t seem to be the player he was and although his peak was great he’s mostly about winning soft free kicks and moments of brilliant dribbling. It was a silly signing in hindsight. Bite? :-)

midnightmare

Have to now start questioning the medical staff too. There was the story of CR7 getting his own medical staff and even now, I think Modric has his own team (also maybe Ramos, but unsure). If this is true and the top players are preferring to get personal medical staff rather than relying on the club, may be worth looking at this.

monosierra

I've read so many different possible explanations, but in the end, they're all guesswork.

The most plausible two are imo:

- His body has been gradually been torn down by playing a huge amount of games from a very young age (professionally since he was 16 yo) and getting fouled more than anyone else. On top of that, he's not a health nut like Ronaldo.

- There is actually something going on with him other than regular injuries. I've read an interview with a neuroimmunologist that suggested that he could be suffering from some kind of neurological disorder, which would also partly explain his weight fluctuations. He basically said that it's virtually impossible to accumulate all these (different) injuries just by being unfit/unlucky. There must be something that's underlying.

Whatever it is, it's such a shame.
Makes you appreciate the immense work Ronaldo puts into maintaining his physique well into his 30s. Messi too, as he is physically more similar to Hazard. There was a video on YT of RM players in the gym - I remember their workout form being pretty bad for professional athletes, with heavy impact workouts on their joints done in a slip shod manner.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
He remains firm in his idea of having ankle surgery.
This week he could travel to London to hear the opinion of his trusted doctor, James Calder. In that case he wouldn't play again this season

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He remains firm in his idea of having ankle surgery.
This week he could travel to London to hear the opinion of his trusted doctor, James Calder. In that case he wouldn't play again this season
He should call it a day on the season and have one last go next season. I really, really hope we get to see at least one more season of Hazard somewhat close to his best.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I can sort of relate to this.

I had 3 knee surgeries on an ACL between 17 - 19 and it was never right. I’ve been plagued with hip and ankle injuries ever since, which is largely down to how my body recovered and adapt to the injury apparently. I had to knock football on the head from an 11 a side / daily training routine.

....... then no training, metabolism slows down as you eat the same. Before you know it, you’re packing on the pounds.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
I can sort of relate to this.

I had 3 knee surgeries on an ACL between 17 - 19 and it was never right. I’ve been plagued with hip and ankle injuries ever since, which is largely down to how my body recovered and adapt to the injury apparently. I had to knock football on the head from an 11 a side / daily training routine.

....... then no training, metabolism slows down as you eat the same. Before you know it, you’re packing on the pounds.
But he didn't have that ? In 7 odd years at Chelsea he was rarely injured. The rate of his injuries is ridiculous at madrid

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
His ankle is permanently crocked, he's afraid to reinjure it so he's changed the way he moves and his body isn't used to it and can't cope. Hence the constant muscle injuries

He'll never not be a perma-crock again, sadly. That ankle isn't getting back to what it used to be and he's too old to literally re-learn how to run

Munkehboi

I wonder how much of it is psychological too? Himself, more than anyone else must know that he will be heralded as one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) transfer flops of all time.

I can't but help feel the pressure and insecurity that must give you is immense - also the small fact you play for arguebly the most supported team in world football. He probably prefers to bury his head in the sand at this point. Such a shame.

RooneyLegend

But he didn't have that ? In 7 odd years at Chelsea he was rarely injured. The rate of his injuries is ridiculous at madrid
It's certainly strange, Kaka all over again and the Brazilian was well known for being as professional as they come.

::sonny::

Have to now start questioning the medical staff too. There was the story of CR7 getting his own medical staff and even now, I think Modric has his own team (also maybe Ramos, but unsure). If this is true and the top players are preferring to get personal medical staff rather than relying on the club, may be worth looking at this.
This

Raredaredevil

The kind of shit Bale gets at Real Madrid and he has achieved far more than Hazard, I do worry for Hazard's mental well-being if this goes on. He should just move back to Chelsea or to another club, it's clear that this isn't going to work out for both parties, this has been the worst transfer in Real Madrid's history. I thought Kaka's was the worst but this has to be worse now. Real Madrid either make you or break you.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
160 million for a player in the last year of the contract.
Perhaps to compensate other businesses for money laundering.
Then a player who has never been injured passes 2 years without having yet presented himself in Madrid properly.
And he goes on eating burgers and laughing at Madrid.

It is modern football.

Dirty money and nobody wants to know about anything.

As the other said, Wales, Golf, Madrid.
This sounds incredibly dumb.

Explain your workings.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Injuries can certainly cascade, right? I mean an injury can force your body to move slightly differently and overcompensate with other joints and muscles, which then get injured.

I had a bad knee and it caused me a few back and hip issues because I put more weight on the "good" knee.

I personally think it's a combo of really bad luck, Hazard not being the best trainer and years of being kicked up and down the Premier League.

Jokes aside, Real Madrid will have fantastic doctors.