Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
The kind of shit Bale gets at Real Madrid and he has achieved far more than Hazard, I do worry for Hazard's mental well-being if this goes on. He should just move back to Chelsea or to another club, it's clear that this isn't going to work out for both parties, this has been the worst transfer in Real Madrid's history. I thought Kaka's was the worst but this has to be worse now. Real Madrid either make you or break you.
Isn't the 'shit' Bale gets/got more down to the fact he (to his own admisson) preferred golf to doing his job?

Luke1995

Isn't the 'shit' Bale gets/got more down to the fact he (to his own admisson) preferred golf to doing his job?
I think after C.Ronaldo left Madrid fans expected Bale to fill that spot and became disappointed. No ?

Luke1995

They were hating on Bale long before that weren't they?
Bale first received criticism in the 2014-15 season but he followed that up with a peak season in 15-16 and later on he scored that bycicle goal in the UCL final, so I just don't get why he would be hated.

From a footballing standpoint, it didn't really make sense to send him away as he still has all the talent in the world. But i'm shocked Hazard is turning out to be a Sanchez to United level signing.

I think Hazard can still turn things around if he improves other parts of his games like long range shooting and passing. He is too reliant on pace and dribbling ability.

b20times

What has happened to him? His career has nosedived since going to Madrid.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Hazard can still turn things around if he improves other parts of his games like long range shooting and passing. He is too reliant on pace and dribbling ability.
I hope he does turn things around but the way things have gone I'm not very optimistic about it and I'm afraid we're at a point the team just needs to get rid of him and cut their losses.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
A fat, lazy player fails to impress when taking the step up to the highest level of the game? Why are people surprised? He's always been a tremendous dribbler but overall his game has always been lacking and he's far from being a professional when it comes to his conditioning

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Injuries and wear and tear have caught up to him. He was the most fouled player in Europe by a colossal margin during his time at Chelsea - combined with someone who isn't generally focused on maintaining peak conditioning and isn't the most robust frame-wise and you get a ticking time bomb.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I hope he does turn things around but the way things have gone I'm not very optimistic about it and I'm afraid we're at a point the team just needs to get rid of him and cut their losses.
Free transfer back to Chelsea :D

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Injuries and wear and tear have caught up to him. He was the most fouled player in Europe by a colossal margin during his time at Chelsea - combined with someone who isn't generally focused on maintaining peak conditioning and isn't the most robust frame-wise and you get a ticking time bomb.
I don't know if there's something psychological in place as well as the number of injuries has just been ridiculous. It must be a new record or something and it's rapidily going to become a worse transfer than Kaka.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I don't know if there's something psychological in place as well as the number of injuries has just been ridiculous. It must be a new record or something and it's rapidily going to become a worse transfer than Kaka.
I also think your medical staff is pretty shocking all things considered. I can't recall the specifics and please feel free to correct me if I'm speaking out of my arse, but hasn't he had to hire a 3rd party doctor because the RM doctors kept giving awful advice? I'm pretty sure they advised against surgery at some point and that surely has contributed to his recurrent issues.

Makelele

Just a really really bad run of injuries has derailed his career at Madrid.
Everybody who watched Chelsea week in week out will have had a feeling that this was bound to happen. Hazard I believe was consistently the most fouled player in the most physical league in the world every year he was in the league. The guy got chopped weekly because of his style of play. It’s amazing he held up for so long. I hope he overcomes this. It’s definitely not psychological.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
He drew those fouls. Perhaps if he passed the ball more he could of avoided the impact injuries he accumulated

Botim

Supports
Royal Antwerp FC
A fat, lazy player fails to impress when taking the step up to the highest level of the game? Why are people surprised?
Must be a different Hazard then that won two PL titles, Two EL, two domestic cups and a couple of Player of the year awards along the way. And also captained his NT to its highest ever WC finish.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Would love it on paper but I also think Tuchel might have an aneurysm on the touchline after the 12th time Hazard couldn't be bothered to press...
Yeah he doesn't seem to fit with the what Tuchel is trying to build. It's purely sentimental but I'd love Chelsea to do it anyway.

Robbie Boy

Must be a different Hazard then that won two PL titles, Two EL, two domestic cups and a couple of Player of the year awards along the way. And also captained his NT to its highest ever WC finish.
Aye, you're thinking of Thorgan, mate.

sourdough satellite

I also think your medical staff is pretty shocking all things considered. I can't recall the specifics and please feel free to correct me if I'm speaking out of my arse, but hasn't he had to hire a 3rd party doctor because the RM doctors kept giving awful advice? I'm pretty sure they advised against surgery at some point and that surely has contributed to his recurrent issues.
Every player should have his own doctor, you can't fully trust team doctors for they're not generally concerned about the player's long term health.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
He drew those fouls. Perhaps if he passed the ball more he could of avoided the impact injuries he accumulated
Have you seen the dross he featured in attack with? Hazard played with only one genuine prime-level world class player in attack during his time at Chelsea, and that was Diego Costa for 1.5 seasons.

And also for the record Hazard led the PL in chances created during his time at Chelsea despite never taking corners or FKs.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Have you seen the dross he featured in attack with? Hazard played with only one genuine prime-level world class player in attack during his time at Chelsea, and that was Diego Costa for 1.5 seasons.

And also for the record Hazard led the PL in chances created during his time at Chelsea despite never taking corners or FKs.
So if you're not a genuine prime-level world class player then you're... dross?

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
A lot has changed for the better in the modern football but one thing that hasn't is the obsession with stat padding.

Hazard had a better goal record than Luis Figo yet I never saw any of this "lacks ruthlessness" rubbish directed his way.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
So if you're not a genuine prime-level world class player then you're... dross?
Quick rundown of the strikers Hazard played with during his tenure at Chelsea: the corpses of Torres, Eto'o, Drogba, & Higuain, Demba Ba, Diego Costa, Michy Batshuayi, Alvaro Morata, and Olivier Giroud. Not exactly a murderer's row, is it? Dross is perhaps a bit hyperbolic but the notion that Hazard was a selfish player is just ridiculous. Universally among Chelsea fans the perception was that he actually needed to shoot more - if anything he was unselfish to a fault.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Quick rundown of the strikers Hazard played with during his tenure at Chelsea: the corpses of Torres, Eto'o, Drogba, & Higuain, Demba Ba, Diego Costa, Michy Batshuayi, Alvaro Morata, and Olivier Giroud. Not exactly a murderer's row, is it? Dross is perhaps a bit hyperbolic but the notion that Hazard was a selfish player is just ridiculous. Universally among Chelsea fans the perception was that he actually needed to shoot more - if anything he was unselfish to a fault.
torres - crocked
drogba etoo - old past their best
higuain - fat
ba - not for long decent player
costa - top player won 2 titles
michy - average
morata - pussy
giroud - good player had one of his best seasons that year before he left playing off giroud

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Hes a Premier league great.
Really not sure about that tbh, how many peoples all time PL sides would he make? When you considering iconic left sided attackers like Giggs, Overmars and Pires and then more recently the likes of Ronaldo & Bale and now Mane & Sterling. He might be a Chelsea great, but I doubt he'll ever be thought of as an all time PL one unless that list is so long that it loses all integrity

Giggs, Pires and Ronaldo would be all ahead of Hazard in my thinking

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Really not sure about that tbh, how many peoples all time PL sides would he make? When you considering iconic left sided attackers like Giggs, Overmars and Pires and then more recently the likes of Ronaldo & Bale and now Mane & Sterling. He might be a Chelsea great, but I doubt he'll ever be thought of as an all time PL one unless that list is so long that it loses all integrity

? So only people who make an all time pl 11 are pl greats ?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea

Depends what your metric is - obviously if you favour longevity Giggs is the choice end of story. In terms of peak performance though only Ronaldo betters Hazard for me. Giggs and Pires never had to single-handedly carry a team to the extent that Hazard did - don't think you could ever argue that Giggs or Pires were the unequivocal best players in the division as was the case for Hazard.

Varun1

A fat, lazy player fails to impress when taking the step up to the highest level of the game? Why are people surprised? He's always been a tremendous dribbler but overall his game has always been lacking and he's far from being a professional when it comes to his conditioning
Because Chelsea wasn't at the highest level?
Don't think his injuries have anything to do with 'the highest level of the game', but rather with his application and Real's training methods, medical team etc.
Have you checked how many injuries Real have had this season?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
torres - crocked
drogba etoo - old past their best
higuain - fat
ba - not for long decent player
costa - top player won 2 titles
michy - average
morata - pussy
giroud - good player had one of his best seasons that year before he left playing off giroud
Summed up quite neatly hah!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
? So only people who make an all time pl 11 are pl greats ?
You tell me what you think the barometer is then?

How long is this list before you lose all meaning of the term?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
You tell me what you think the barometer is then?

How long is this list before you lose all meaning of the term?
Eh personally I think he's probably the 2nd best winger to play in the PL, behind Ronaldo. This is factoring in peak, trophies won, influence, and standing within the league in my own personalised (and very definitively biased) rubric.

I'd have him as a shoo in as an all time PL great. Personally the bigger question for me when it comes to an all time PL XI is whether there's a RW better than him because otherwise I'd have CR7 there on the basis that he played RW initially for you lot. Bale maybe? Though I always thought his best periods for Spurs came when he was on the left anyway.

Irrational.

Big fish, small pond comes to mind. Too mentally fragile to make the transition to the next level. He was always destined to fail at Madrid. The only people who still rate him are Chelsea and Belgium fans.

Luke1995

Is it more of a mental breakdown or just technical decline though ?

Red00012

Big fish, small pond comes to mind. Too mentally fragile to make the transition to the next level. He was always destined to fail at Madrid. The only people who still rate him are Chelsea and Belgium fans.
We will all rate him if he comes back and knocks the scousers out of the CL