Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Apology not needed. I don't blame you for not watching, especially after the semi finals.
Sorry that you were watching it all alone, while the world was dealing with more serious matters.

I guess there are YouTube videos of the season so others can finally watch it too, I'm happy for you.

Bobski

His raw production numbers don't show it but I thought he had started to drop off in his last couple of years at Chelsea. He was seeing an immense amount of the ball, which helped lead to good stats, but he had fallen into a style of play of excessively holding the ball and making others stand and watch him. That was never going to translate to Madrid and it was too late in his career to adapt to a new style.

I almost see see him as a super souped up version of Grealish, dominate the ball and the play but not sure it is a style that meshes well with other quality players.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I always believe that players are beat analysed when moving out of comfort teams and leagues.

Hazard is a good player - but I felt a technical player went to ‘the technical league’ and kind of got shown up a bit.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He got a serious injury in a CL game and that was his whole problem. He was playing well up to that point.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He got a serious injury in a CL game and that was his whole problem. He was playing well up to that point.
What was his numbers while playing well for Madrid? As an attacking player there should be something to show

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
What was his numbers while playing well for Madrid? As an attacking player there should be something to show
He started the season out of shape and started to play well around November, looking as sharp as you can see in the video.

So it did not last and it was a very short period.

But it wasn't a problem of the league being too technical or being out of his comfort area. On the contrary, he looked very comfortable with the likes of Benzema next to him.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
His raw production numbers don't show it but I thought he had started to drop off in his last couple of years at Chelsea. He was seeing an immense amount of the ball, which helped lead to good stats, but he had fallen into a style of play of excessively holding the ball and making others stand and watch him. That was never going to translate to Madrid and it was too late in his career to adapt to a new style.

I almost see see him as a super souped up version of Grealish, dominate the ball and the play but not sure it is a style that meshes well with other quality players.
His last season at Chelsea was probably his best. He had to do everything on his own, he was playing with Higuain, Barkley, RLC, Pedro and Willian like what do you expect?. And he still got 15 assists. Hazard had good stats every season at Chelsea bar one.
Hazard always gets treated harshly, like the stupid inconsistent tag when he has the most MOTM awards in PL history and more PL MOTM awards than Scholes has PL assists.

TheReligion

Abusive
His last season at Chelsea was probably his best. He had to do everything on his own, he was playing with Higuain, Barkley, RLC, Pedro and Willian like what do you expect?. And he still got 15 assists. Hazard had good stats every season at Chelsea bar one.
Hazard always gets treated harshly, like the stupid inconsistent tag when he has the most MOTM awards in PL history and more PL MOTM awards than Scholes has PL assists.
What a bizarre flex to bring up how many MOTM awards Hazard has compared to a totally different players assists.

That’s some reaching and feck knows what the relevance is :lol:

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I always believe that players are beat analysed when moving out of comfort teams and leagues.

Hazard is a good player - but I felt a technical player went to ‘the technical league’ and kind of got shown up a bit.
At the end he couldn't do it on a cold rainy night against Rayo Vallecano, which goes to show how physical demanding and superior the spanish league really is. :smirk:

Bobski

Move the ball, constantly holding the ball for 10-15-20 seconds at a time is not ideal, players stop moving, yes, it was not the best selection he has had around him at Chelsea but it exacerbated some of his worst elements, and made them appear even worse than they were.

Don't get me wrong, great player at his peak and he was probably well overplayed at that period but chelsea's game becoming so Hazard-centric was probably not good for his development.

Just to add he played 350 games for Chelsea in 7 season, lowest league starts was 31 so it is not as if he had half a season off at some point to get refreshed, add in 10-15 games a season for Belgium and the guy is probably burned out to a degree.

Last edited:

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
What a bizarre flex to bring up how many MOTM awards Hazard has compared to a totally different players assists.

That’s some reaching and feck knows what the relevance is :lol:
I got plenty more. Any Hazard stat and i'm bringing it up.
Save them for another time.
Better than hearing nonsense like he was inconsistent.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
Move the ball, constantly holding the ball for 10-15-20 seconds at a time is not ideal, players stop moving, yes, it was not the best selection he has had around him at Chelsea but it exacerbated some of his worst elements, and made them appear even worse than they were.

Don't get me wrong, great player at his peak and he was probably well overplayed at that period but chelsea's game becoming so Hazard-centric was probably not good for his development.
I hear you, but he still created more chances in the PL than anyone else.
i think if we had better players around that time he would of got rested more but we were so reliant on him.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Yep. Anyone who genuinely thinks Hazard was overrated should follow a different sport.

Ramos

Is he supposed to be going to the World Cup?
Martinez has always selected him during the three years he's been at Real, so he'll probably continue. But not sure he'll play. Would be hard to explain to a guy like Trossard who plays the same position and is in the form of his life.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He started the season out of shape and started to play well around November, looking as sharp as you can see in the video.

So it did not last and it was a very short period.

But it wasn't a problem of the league being too technical or being out of his comfort area. On the contrary, he looked very comfortable with the likes of Benzema next to him.
According to you He started the season injured, started to play well around November and got injured by November ending. So a period of like 2-3 weeks where he didnt look like a disaster. Probably Lingard had some period longer than 2 weeks when he looked great not actually above average

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness

Christ on a bike. That one is up there with Bruno is as creative as Henderson, that I read on another thread here today. Must be something in the water.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Crazy how his regressed - I'd guess mostly due to injuries which has impacted his fitness/weight etc.
He just got rinsed at Chelsea. Played all the time and got very little protection from PL refs. I remember that time Bardsley flew studs up into his ankle and he only got a yellow for it.

This kind of cliff edge was always going to happen to him as he barely trained either.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He just got rinsed at Chelsea. Played all the time and got very little protection from PL refs. I remember that time Bardsley flew studs up into his ankle and he only got a yellow for it.

This kind of cliff edge was always going to happen to him as he barely trained either.
I still remember that tackle so vividly. I was seething, fecking neanderthals that Stoke team.

jakko

Supports
Chelsea
I'd still take him back now with one ankle over Kai Havertz.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
He can't beat his man anymore. His acceleration is completely gone now. It's really sad to watch these days.
Carlo tried playing him vs Shaktar in the CL and removed him before the hour. I think for his own self esteem he should have left. He is legit one of the worst signing in Madrid and possible football when considering his status, fees, wages and what he delivered

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
One of the best footballers I’ve ever seen in full flight, it’s a shame how his post-2019 career turned out.

His performances against Brazil and France in the 2018 World Cup was stuff of legends.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Similar rise and fall that Rooney had really.

Played a lot of football non stop from a young age, caught up with him and the injuries took away the thing that gave him the edge.

Still a great technician but if you can't run, you're not effective.