Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

GoldanoGraham

How does termination actually work? Romano claimed they've saved loads? So he's casually agreed to be paid out early, for potentially retirement? Essentially, what Bale refused to do... or they've just paid out his final year in full?

Or is it just one of those mysteries.
They will not have paid him up in full.

A deal lump sum that works for both sides.

It shifts him from their squad, his wages out of the FFP equation - also allows him to go to Saudi or MLS or make a second fortune.

Amicable divorce.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
How does termination actually work? Romano claimed they've saved loads? So he's casually agreed to be paid out early, for potentially retirement? Essentially, what Bale refused to do... or they've just paid out his final year in full?

Or is it just one of those mysteries.
Probably gets paid a good portion of his basic salary without any bonuses or being stuck to rot in the youth team, never seeing the bench. If he wants to do something else, that's a nice check and all the free time in the world.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm glad he's decided to leave. I've always found it sad how this all worked out and think people are way over the top in blaming him for 'being fat' or whatever.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Up there with the worst transfers in the history of football?

GeneralKenobi

Between this and Coutinho.
Yep. Those two are clearly the worst.

It was rumoured at the time that Barca had to pay Coutinho an extra for winning the CL while on loan on Bayern. Also Coutinho scored twice against Barca in the 8-2 game :lol:

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
All I care about is who gets number 7, which is likely all they cared about too.
Above stats are to be checked btw.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I'm glad he's decided to leave. I've always found it sad how this all worked out and think people are way over the top in blaming him for 'being fat' or whatever.
The injury vs PSG was the real blow. Yes he was overweight and didn’t start great. But by that point he was really getting into it. Never recovered from that and Vini stepped up.

Zen

Remarkably bad window for RM has come to an end. Hazard and Jovic - I'd laugh, but RM have got through it while realistically being the most consistent CL team, winning 2 Leagues, their only actually buys being a backbone of a new 10 year midfield core and the books aligning perfectly to end up with Vini and Mbappe(on a free) on top, while also having Endrick on the way.

feck off Madrid.

RedDevilRoshi

Any idea or rumours who his next club is going to be?

Personally didn’t expect him to flop as badly as he did there.

Eddy_JukeZ

Quite an incredible decline.

Probably the Premier League's best player prior to his move to Real Madrid.

Showed up overweigh for his 'dream move'. Then he was kicking about into form and got clattered by Meunier and was never the same.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he got it way easier, in terms of criticism, compared to players like Bale or Kaka. Anyway it was a bad move for both parties at the end and at least it has come to an end.

Plastic Evra

Still a free agent :eek:
He's done. Maybe because he started so young (first pro game before turning 17), maybe because of the injuries but even if he had the will to become fit again I'm not sure he could come back to any relevant first tier league, perhaps including Saudi Arabia.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
He's done. Maybe because he started so young (first pro game before turning 17), maybe because of the injuries but even if he had the will to become fit again I'm not sure he could come back to any relevant first tier league, perhaps including Saudi Arabia.
He'll probably retire tbh. Has the MLS even considered him?

Plastic Evra

He'll probably retire tbh. Has the MLS even considered him?
There's been a lot of unverifiable gossip that he was approached by his former club Lille OSC, some other French sides, MLS and Saudi, Botafogo in Brazil and Molenbeek in Belgium (both owned by the same group) but he turned them all down, possibly.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
What are we waiting for? Pay per play deal easy decision.

stw2022

He's probably 10kg overweight by this point. That bunda must have its own orbit.

Tyrion

He's played about 50 games in 4 years. Tbh I think it's more about his work ethic. Wasn't it him who had that quote about "When I'm on holiday, I'm on holiday"?

KD6-3.7

This guy will turn into Samir Nasri the moment he actually retires.

Such a great player though when he was in the premier league, constantly caused havoc everytime he came up against us but I knew he was never going to make it at Madrid with his mentality.

fps

Brilliant going back to the first page of this thread and seeing the Madrid predictions.