Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

meamth

You might as well take everyone out of that list except Kaka, then I will know you're serious, you honestly think James, Anelka, Drenthe etc were/are more talented than Hazard?, are you serious right now.
Talent is a vague thing to measure.

But I can assure you each and every player on that list is expected to be a worldclass player for Madrid.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Kaka
Robinho
James
Isco
Huntelaar
Sneijder
Robben

Are some of the players on Hazards talent level who failed at Madrid if we include the youths like Etoo, Mata Fabinho

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I find people who go around labelling other football fans glory supporters tend to be really anal and hypocritical.
My personal favourite is when my Liverpool supporting friends call me and Chelsea supporting friends plastics then proceed to bang on about their European Cups.

Last edited:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Kaka
Robinho
James
Isco
Huntelaar
Sneijder
Robben

Are some of the players on Hazards talent level who failed at Madrid if we include the youths like Etoo, Mata Fabinho
Robben, Kaka and Robinho were in the same tier as Hazard, talentwise. Maybe Isco, too, but he lacks the pace.

Only Kaka was as established as Hazard when he signed for Madrid, and he struggled because of injuries. Same for Robben. Robinho was hardly a failure for Madrid. He had a great season before he had to make room for a certain Cristiano Ronaldo.
And Isco also played a huge role in some of those CL wins.

Hazard hasn't even played a handful of games and is already written off. Never get why fans always want the best players to fail after moving. I'm positive Hazard will produce once he has settled in.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I can easily name a few just off the top of my head.

Sneijder, Robben, Kaka, Owen.

I don't get the angle where he's too talented to fail. I think Real Madrid's history with players have proven that you need more than just talent to succeed there.
Sneijder and Owen bigger talents :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Kaka
Robinho
James
Isco
Huntelaar
Sneijder
Robben

Huntelaar, Isco, Robinho and James:lol:

Look guys. Hazard may well fail but this is a player that's been winning POTY trophies since he was a kid. He's been a brilliant footballer over the years.

thepolice123

Sneijder and Owen bigger talents :lol:
Owen was a balon d'Or winner and a Liverpool legend went he went to Real. When's the last time Hazard came close to winning it?

Granted that Sneijder was considered a promising player when he made the move to Real but looking at the way his career has panned out I wouldn't having him as the better player until Hazard shows that he can elevate his game at Real Madrid.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Huntelaar, Isco, Robinho and James:lol:

Look guys. Hazard may well fail but this is a player that's been winning POTY trophies since he was a kid. He's been a brilliant footballer over the years.
Robinho was seen as a Ronaldo Lima or even Pele level of talent before he joined Madrid, James dominated the 2014 world cup and was seen as a legit talent. James scored 5 goals in 2014, Hazard scored 3 in 2018 which is the high point of his career till date. Huntelaar and Isco were seen as great talents in their time before going to Madrid

amolbhatia50k

Owen was a balon d'Or winner and a Liverpool legend went he went to Real. When's the last time Hazard came close to winning it?

Granted that Sneijder was considered a promising player when he made the move to Real but looking at the way his career has panned out I wouldn't having him as the better player until Hazard shows that he can elevate his game at Real Madrid.
Was Messi around when Owen won the Balon Dor?

amolbhatia50k

Robinho was seen as a Ronaldo Lima or even Pele level of talent before he joined Madrid, James dominated the 2014 world cup and was seen as a legit talent. James scored 5 goals in 2014, Hazard scored 3 in 2018 which is the high point of his career till date. Huntelaar and Isco were seen as great talents in their time before going to Madrid
Robinho was overhyped. Raw ability but not enough upstairs. James like many players had a good tournament. Huntelaar was never a special player. Isco is like a Hazard lite. Very good footballer at his best but he's somebody who would never be acknowledged as the best in a top league.

I have no issue with people believing hazard will fail at Madrid. But there's no chance these footballers are his equals. He's had a brilliant career and been acknowledged for his individual excellence everywhere based on actual peformances and not hype or one tournament.

Jimmy_Bond

A humble nobody, carry on with your unpleasant attitude.
Well your last post was hardly humble.

The ridiculous scenario that has developed here is that a few glory supporting Madrid fans came in here pontificating about what "real fans" are and how they behave after Hazard said that Madrid are real fans and better than Chelsea ones.

I then exposed the fact that they are just fickle glory supporters who only support Madrid because they're successful, thus making them pontificating what a "real fan" does ridiculous.

Yet it's me who's supposedly the one who's being unreasonable. Suppose it's touched a nerve with a few people eh?

Your problem, not mine.

Last edited:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Well your last post was hardly humble.

The ridiculous scenario in that has developed here is that a few glory supporting Madrid fans came in here pontificating about what "real fans" are and how they behave after Hazard said that Madrid are real fans and better than Chelsea ones.

I then exposed the fact that they are just fickle glory supporters who only support Madrid because they're successful, thus making them pontificating what a "real fan" does is ridiculous.

Yet it's me who's supposedly the one who's being unreasonable. Suppose it's touched a nerve with a few people eh?

Your problem, not mine.
Indeed, it is our problem, not yours.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
Flattering to deceive. Again

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Single-handedly proving that you can play football for real madrid while pregnant!

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Mentality of a chicken and it shows.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Hazard has 4 goals from open play in the CL

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Still looked massively overweight to me

His form isn't a surprise though, he was flaky at Chelsea despite being their only player capable of doing anything. Like I've said before this move to Real has come to late for him if his aim was to take his game to another level (which it wasn't because he's openly admitted he doesn't have the drive and determined for such things). He should have gone there years ago when they had Ronaldo

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Single-handedly proving that you can play football for real madrid while pregnant!
Don't worry, we've got the papers for the new Hazard Jr. as part of the contract.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My personal favourite is when my Liverpool supporting friends call me and Chelsea supporting friends plastics then proceed to bang on about their European Cups.
A young pal of mine, must be about 25, is adamant that he's not a glory supporter, as Liverpool have won so little in his time supporting them.

Amazing.
Obviously only followed them cos of his uncle. Nothing to do with being the most successful club at that stage,

Bennz McCarthey17

Supports
Africa
Really tried today, was all over the pitch instead of hogging the left side. But playing with Benzema is a nightmare, Two seasons later he still thinks he's playing with Cristiano, or he's the new R9...the guy should really stop over-loading Hazards' left side. Cant wait to see him in his 1st Clasico.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Real Madrid's white Sadio Mane. Or more aptly, Real Madrid's wrong Sadio Mane. :lol:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Still looked massively overweight to me

I read an article where Wenger said the same thing

The Belgian's slow start in the Spanish capital is because of his physical conditioning, according to the former Arsenal boss
Arsene Wenger believes Eden Hazard is 'too heavy' and his weight issues are the main reason behind his struggle to get started at Real Madrid.

Abe144

Supports
CD Guadalajara
When is the "3rd best player in the world" going to do something worth mentioning?