Eden Hazard | "It's time to enjoy life drinking beers"

haram

Anyone else happy this has been cleared up by Howard? Personally I was struggling for a while.
I don't know why but that tweet having 1 like and 1 retweet is funny to me :lol:

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Think he'll be incredible for Madrid. Still an underestimated player since he didn't play for the most successful and slightly inconsistent team. He compensated much of Chelsea's squad's weaknesses throughout the years.

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Why do people make up lies when it comes to players such as Hazard and Gerrard? Act like they carried cannon fodder to titles etc, it's completely laughable.

Both have played with many very good to good players and you should follow another sport if you believe otherwise.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Why do people make up lies when it comes to players such as Hazard and Gerrard? Act like they carried cannon fodder to titles etc, it's completely laughable.

Both have played with many very good to good players and you should follow another sport if you believe otherwise.
This Chelsea team is really nothing special apart from him and Kanté. They of course won't fight relegation without him, but the gap in quality to other EPL teams, especially in attack, is really big.

Don't really know about Gerrard but I think Hazard is at least two levels above him.

flappyjay

This Chelsea team is really nothing special apart from him and Kanté. They of course won't fight relegation without him, but the gap in quality to other EPL teams, especially in attack, is really big.

Don't really know about Gerrard but I think Hazard is at least two levels above him.
Pulisic, Giroud, Pedro and Willian all scored less league goals than Anthony and Rashfords combined 20. Getting Lukaku’s replacement right is going to be crucial for us.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Are you saying you don't know about Gerrard but still rate Hazard as levels above him?

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
What will happen with Isco? I guess, Hazard is the new Nr.10 behind two strikers. I don´t see Isco in deeper positions (Modric replacement) neither on the bench.
Do you expect another big transfer? Pogba, Erikssen, Pjanic?

------Benzema-----------------Jovic---------
-------------------Hazard--------------------
------Kroos--------------------Modric--------
------------------Casemiro-------------------
Mendy-----Ramos------Varane----Carvajal
------------------Courtois--------------------

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
At least I don't have to wonder what to do with him in fantasy football. Man's a troll but when you don't have him and your rivals do, he keeps scoring.

Will miss watching him play though. Beautiful dribbling.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Are you saying you don't know about Gerrard but still rate Hazard as levels above him?
I'm not sure whether Gerrard gets more praise than he deserves like the poster I quoted suggests, but Hazard sure as hell has earned every bit of it and is IMO a clearly superior footballer to Gerrard (who I still deem a great footballer but not in Hazard tier).

AllezLesDiables

Can’t speak to Gerard, but the best players Hazard was playing with were mostly in the twilight of their career.

Drogba, Eto, Lampard, Terry, Fabregas were all near the end of their careers.

Costa and Kante are the only two outfield players that Hazard played with who were considered very good/great. Kante is an all-world ball winner but an average creator.

DeBruyne never got the chance.

Who are all these great players that Hazard played with aside from Costa?

Willian? Pedro? Higuain? Morata? Fernando Torres? Schurle? Marin? Oscar? Victor Moses?

AllezLesDiables

He didn't say "great" players, he said "very good to good". Plenty of those at Chelsea in the seven years Hazard was there.
I suppose, but it’s quite different when you look at City, Madrid of a few years ago and Barcelona. Fairly big chasm between good and top class.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Reporter: "With that attendence, do you see yourself as a Galactico?"

Hazard: "No, not yet. I have done much in my career but I am starting from zero with Madrid. I have to earn the name Galactico"

Classy.

predator

Youth NITK
He will be great for madrid and la liga in general but I dont think he, or any of their recent signings, will bring them back to the top of European football. I'm not too fond of madrid but it'll be interesting to see how they perform next season after this recent splurge.

I predict they will underwhelm next season in europe but will be very close to winning domestic titles.

DiegoCostaChelseaLegend

Supports
Chelsea
On the one hand, I am crying while I see our Eden in a white shirt. On the other hand, it makes me so happy for him to see how he fulfilled his childhood dream. Also the pride in his mum‘s eyes.

I still believe that deep in his heart, he will always be a blue and not a blanco.

Eden Hazard is a unique footballer, one of the best the game has ever seen. Furthermore, he is extremely loyal (he spent 7 yrs at Chelsea, that‘s amazing) and on top of that, he is an absolute professional. No partying, no scandals, no stories of his private life at all! Pure dedication and love for the game

We will have a very difficult season without Hazard. I brace myself for a mediocre season.. however, Chelsea never cease to surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Reporter: "With that attendence, do you see yourself as a Galactico?"

Hazard: "No, not yet. I have done much in my career but I am starting from zero with Madrid. I have to earn the name Galactico"

Classy.
Classy or generic PR statements?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He won't be near as good as CR, or 14-18 Bale.
14-18 Bale wasn't that good... his peak was still 12/13 at Spurs. Only had 1 full season after that where he was actually good throughout, the rest only had sporadic moments.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Classy or generic PR statements?
It's not generic, but a thought out response, it's not something that your usual star player says, the generic answer would be either yeah I'm a superstar (the Zlatan way) or no I'm just a humble guy passing around. But the way he said it has a bit of both, and looks like neither, he wouldn't downplay his qualities but at the same time he bears the responsibility for his future performance.

It's classy.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
He won't be near as good as CR, or 14-18 Bale.
He'll be miles better than 14-18 Bale. Bale had a very good first season but after that he never had a full season as a star player, just a few months here and there inbetween injuries.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Bale for all his injuries and inconsistencies has stepped up majorly in finals. Winner against Barca in Copa final, 2-1 against Atletico in 2014 CL final, 2 goals against Liverpool in 2018 CL final.

Let's see if Hazard can perform in finals like that.

MVBDX

Supports
Real Madrid
Apparently they were singing 'sign Mbappe' at his unveiling. Such great fans.
I read that it was before he came onto the pitch, after that it was Hazard for Ballon d'Orooo.

That being said, some muppets doing some muppetry isn't unheard of.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
On the one hand, I am crying while I see our Eden in a white shirt. On the other hand, it makes me so happy for him to see how he fulfilled his childhood dream. Also the pride in his mum‘s eyes.

I still believe that deep in his heart, he will always be a blue and not a blanco.

Eden Hazard is a unique footballer, one of the best the game has ever seen. Furthermore, he is extremely loyal (he spent 7 yrs at Chelsea, that‘s amazing) and on top of that, he is an absolute professional. No partying, no scandals, no stories of his private life at all! Pure dedication and love for the game

We will have a very difficult season without Hazard. I brace myself for a mediocre season.. however, Chelsea never cease to surprise.
Don't worry, he's just as much a childhood Real Madrid fan as Ronaldo was. Doesn't mean much when you realize it's either do or die there. They won't be convinced by his regular disappearing acts and lack of drive. Still a top talent.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bale for all his injuries and inconsistencies has stepped up majorly in finals. Winner against Barca in Copa final, 2-1 against Atletico in 2014 CL final, 2 goals against Liverpool in 2018 CL final.

Let's see if Hazard can perform in finals like that.
On the other hand, Bale A) played in a top top Madrid side whereas Hazard enters at a time of transition. B) Bale was never the main man. Going by last season he was better for it. Hazard has all the pressure on him. C) Most importantly, they're different sort of players. Bale often plays like a sore thumb only to score a brilliant goal. Hazard is consistently excellent but doesn't have the same penalty box/long range goal threat.

Let's see Bale influence a league title win the way Hazard has lifting everyone around him? Very different players. I prefer Hazard personally. Better all round footballer.