Ederson - Atalanta Midfielder

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
From the article

Atalanta will ask for more than it paid Salernitana, also from Italy, for the hiring of Edeson in July 2022. On occasion, the club disbursed € 15 million (R$ 83.4 million at the time) for acquiring the steering wheel.

The Italians are in a comfortable position for the midfielder, especially for the long contract. The current commitment ends on June 30, 2026, and the termination fine abroad is high.

Since arriving at Atalanta, Ederson has appreciated. The 24-year-old midfielder has played 23 matches between Serie A and the UEFA Europa League. In the period, he was on the field in 1,885 minutes, with five goals scored and one assist.

The numbers are already higher than his first season on the team. In 2022/2023, he played 37 games, with 2,292 minutes on the field. In the period, he scored a goal and gave an assist.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Major Breaking!!!

But...

Talks haven't been opened yet.

didz

He's played more than double the number of minutes for them as our other Atalanta signings combined. Does that mean he'll come at double the price?

If it does, I'm all for it. These idiots around Europe have yet to work out that our money is cursed. Sure Dortmund, we'll give you a bunch of cash; how's 5th place treating you ? Ajax, on top of the Eredivisie are we? Here's £170m, enjoy watching Feyenoord trounce you. Atalanta - we'll kill your unlikely CL runs with our death-by-drowning-in-gold approach, cos Christ knows we won't be knocking you out of anything on the pitch.

Devil81

Yeah!!! Let’s go for the expensive ones that play for the big teams and offer LOADSA MONEY!!!
No, let's go for proven players from decent leagues. Seria A has been dogshite for years. Atalanta excel at getting average players playing well above their ability.

Why are we shopping around the midtable of an average league when there are proven players in the Premier League like Paulina at Fulham. Paqueta at West Ham.

What we're paying for these lads from Atlanta we could tempted Premier league proven players away from clubs.

But if you're happy shopping in Lidl for players that's good for you.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
No, let's go for proven players from decent leagues. Seria A has been dogshite for years. Atalanta excel at getting average players playing well above their ability.

Why are we shopping around the midtable of an average league when there are proven players in the Premier League like Paulina at Fulham. Paqueta at West Ham.

What we're paying for these lads from Atlanta we could tempted Premier league proven players away from clubs.

Paqueta would cost about 100 million mate

Devil81

Paqueta would cost about 100 million mate
We paid nearly that figure for both Antony and Hojlund.

Why wouldn't we pay more for a player we know is capable. This is why we're in this mess, overpaying for players totally unproven in our league.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Paqueta came from seria a didn’t he?

Devil81

Paqueta came from seria a didn’t he?
France.

He's been in the Premier League nearly two seasons and he's brilliant. City will just snap him up anyway.

I'm more about the Fulham lad myself.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

I shop in Lidl all the time. It means I have money left to spend in M&S whenever I want a luxury striker prawn sandwich.

JuriM

Even prime Ronaldhino wouldn't be good enough for some of you with the attitude.

ti vu

I feel he's not that quick on ball and would have trouble in PL. You know like Amrabat. His long pass is not that impressive. A bit floaty, difficult for the receiver to control, especially against more physical, quicker defenders. For a DLP, his passing completion stats for Atalanta is not that good (low 80%).

Last edited:

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

Paulina is like £60-70m easily
Paqueta would be £80-90M too

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Half of that video is him stood in miles of space with 15 years to do whatever he feels like with it (most often a floaty diagonal that Harry Maguire could manage).

Could be a great player of course, but that video doesn't do a great job of selling him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The journalist is a really good source for Corinthians apparently and they have a sell on clause so maybe getting the info from them.
Don't like the guy. Just rehashed public info tbh.

Devil81

Paulina is like £60-70m easily
Paqueta would be £80-90M too
We paid huge fees at the time for the likes of Cole, Rooney and Rio.

If we are to get back within the elite we need to be buying the best of our league first and foremost.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I dont think a bag of peanuts will be enough to get this guy

massey

Half of that video is him stood in miles of space with 15 years to do whatever he feels like with it (most often a floaty diagonal that Harry Maguire could manage).

Could be a great player of course, but that video doesn't do a great job of selling him.
He will do well in training then that's our usual ten hag tactic.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I'd rather have Koommeiners personally from Atalanta
I doubt this story has legs, but your comment is similar to the one in the Werner thread where someone says he'd rather we buy Guirassy than loan Werner. The reply to both is we're skint/fecked with FFP. So we are shopping in the basement.