Ederson - Atalanta Midfielder

aeh1991

He doesn't have the dribbling, press resistance and physicality of Magic. I think we need to look at physicality as well as technique as we lack both actually in our team.
We need a Rodri, the most important part of our team.
Koopmeiners mainly plays in the offensive midfield position because he is that versatile, not because he has flaws as a DM or CM. His physique is decent too, at least proven enough on the big stage with the Dutch NT. Also, he is not a classic DM but has very good positioning and knows when to press. Here is a scouting report of him where his strengths are described. He'd also bring some quality in set pieces, which we really lack in our squad.

https://www.futbolidealists.com/blog/player-analysis-teun-koopmeiners

Getting him alongside a more classic DM (for example Guido Rodriguez on a free) would give us more tactical flexibility, especially in terms of how we'd use Mainoo. Basically similar to how we are using Casemiro (who often drifts forward despite being the no.6). He could not only do that way better than Casemiro, but also would be a bigger goal threat than McTominay, so by switching with Mainoo during the game when needed, we could be more flexible. And with 1.85 he's not small either.

Last edited:

GueRed

Atalanta have a number of interesting talents. Ederson being one of them. The young goalie looks class, Scalvini the 20yrs centre-back and Koopmeiners look good too.

The few games I've seen of them this season in Serie A they've been a decent watch.

Good to see them beat the scousers last night with a comfortable scoreline.

lysglimt

Scout
Pasalic was insane yesterday - best player on the pitch, never seen him perform anywhere near that before

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't think Onana has an issue with covering large spaces. I'd say that's one of his strong points. The issue most have with Onana is, is he goood enough on the ball.
Did you get an idea of what Ederson is like in the air? I think he needs to great there if Martinez will continue being a starter for us.
Don't really recall any aerial duels sorry, but his stats seem pretty average for that. Respectable enough winrate, but nowhere near Casemiro or Onana.

E-mal

The physicality of magic had been at the centre of philosophical debate for millennia. Most now believe that no such thing exists. If we find a footballer who proves that wrong, we'll have achieved something no other club could dream of.

Ederson probably isn't the guy for that though.
Some have thought him to be a god others think he gave birth to a god, whatever he is, we need him in our midfield.
Agree, Ederson is not that guy