Edilson - "Better than Neymar" and something about Messi and Ronaldo

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Thinks highly of himself, unless the translation was incorrect/sensationalized.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/news/ron...meet-the-forgotten/12tr4lg9w27w21tvovh9ulvddt

“At my best I was even better than Neymar. He has to win a World Cup to be better than me,” Edilson, now 48, affirmed to the stunned presenters of Os Donos da Pelota on Tuesday. But he was not finished, turning his aim on Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo: “I have personality. Messi, to be better than me, has to be a world champion.

“Cristiano Ronaldo only has strength, he shoots from the left and right. I am more talented than him.”

--------
That said, I don't recall much of him.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Edilson of J League and Brazilian First Division fame.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
You can't say he doesn't think highly of himself.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
And now We know why Neymar fought over penalties with Edilson Cavani

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I have to imagine this was a quote taken out of context, where he was just being tongue in cheek, or joking, because if he really meant this, that's an embarrassing take.

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
He was a great player, during the times many of them stayed in Brazilian league. Of course he's not 50% of Neymar.

its not joke he went to world cup ahead of Marcelinho, Djalminha and others who shined in europe

He participates in a TV show with other ex-players where they just try to say outlandish stuff, its more of a humor show than anything. dont take it serious

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
He scored a few goals to get Brazil to 2002 world cup when they had real trouble in the qualifiers, was a first choice towards end of that campaign. I asume he went to the tournament as a back up. Was at Corinthians. Can't remember who he played for in europe. That's all I've got.

Edit: Seems only time he played in europe was at Benfica in 94-95 when he had 1 in 2 record. Also played in Japan.