Please don’t be Falcao part 2.

red_de_pologne

You would think how thick do the higher ups at United think we are as a fan base? Do they expect us to be excited by this? Then you read the comments, great mentor, fantastic striker.. this just isn't good enough for a top club, scary how easy some fans are to please.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
What a disappointing window this is turning out to be.

zenith

This is a disaster and it's going to end like one.

Go do one, ed

King Eric 7

We wanted another striker on a budget and we got a pretty decent (albeit older) one. Can't be too displeased with this. He's essentially a replacement for Ighalo for whom things just haven't worked out very well post lockdown.

Water Melon

Because he doesn’t want to come to England. He’s said in previous interviews that English women are dirty and don’t use a bidet :lol:. The only reason he wants to join us is because his first choices don’t want him and we are the only club desperate and can pay his high salary demands.
It was not Cavani, but the owner of Napoli - De Laurentiis, who once said, "The English live badly, eat badly and their women do not wash their genitalia. To them, a bidet is a mystery."

Nick7

If we signed him at the start of the window and got our actual targets throughout the rest of it, this would be a great pick up. But that didn’t happen.

Red Comet

Also, I thought Ole was trying to steel away from these types of signing? He's full of shit too by the looks of it.
How is this an Ole problem that our board is so piss poor at transfers that he has to resort to signing an over the hill striker on deadline day just to have enough backup?

Zoo

We just extended Ighalo till January.

Nothing this club does ever makes sense anymore. I swear we make football more complicated than anybody else.
We had to because of the pandemic and we still needed him as a body.

Sambob

Everything people are saying about this transfer is right, but, Ive always watched Cavani throughout his career and wished he would play for us, so a little part of me is over the moon.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
Soon to be 34, 4 league goals and 1 assist last season for the best side in France and we have people claiming he’s better than Martial and Rashford. We could resign Cleverley and some people here would lap it up.

2 years also means we’re stuck with him next year too because nobody else is going to give him at 34 whatever Ed and his gang of eejits have decided to give him. We’re an absolute fecking joke. When I think back to how optimistic I was after the Leicester game that we were finally on the right track and compare to what I think now it just makes me sad. Get these absolute chancers out of this club now.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Well let’s hope he’s past his injury concerns. He *can* be very good if he’s still physically fit enough to play at the top level. 2 year contract for a 34 year old, though. :lol:

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
If he’s the only signing it’s terrible. If he’s one of a few then it’s an ok deal.

Nik70

He's a better forward than Martial still.

The issue is we don't actually need fecking forwards, we need a winger who can cross to save his life and a fecking right back.
Cavani gives us a different option when it comes to forwards. Past his prime but he'll still do a job for us.

Rolaholic

Jesus christ some of you lot are all about the moaning. Will be a good option from the bench. If spurs took him instead people would be fuming.
There was a meltdown when Spurs signed Bale after the same lot were poo pooing over the prospect us signing him days earlier :lol:

Not the sexiest signing but I think Cavani will prove a lot of people wrong. He can do well for us in the Giroud role

Now to get in a LB and I think our business will be done for this window

RORY65

At least it puts paid to the bollocks about there being a process, us having numerous options for players to bring in for each position and only wanting players who want to play for us. That being said I actually think he could be decent for us, at least he should be a huge upgrade on Ighalo and give us some depth up front, but it's not great that we're back to the 2014 ways of scrambling around and taking players on huge wages who have been offered around to everyone.

Fooza

Edinson Cavani and Manchester United, deal closed. The forward travels at night to England for a medical check-up and signing the contract until June 2022. The turns of life and football will put him face to face with PSG in this Champions League. Closed novel.

Nick7

Everything people are saying about this transfer is right, but, Ive always watched Cavani throughout his career and wished he would play for us, so a little part of me is over the moon.
I’m the same. I’ve loved him since he was at Palermo. But still...

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
While he's over the hill.

Chief123

He’s going to be terribly underwhelming. At 33 years of age and a crocked few years, he won’t be ripping up any trees in the Prem.

redpatron

Jesus christ some of you lot are all about the moaning. Will be a good option from the bench. If spurs took him instead people would be fuming.
exactly, people were crying last week that we had nobody to chase a game. Now, we have somebody and they are still moaning. He's better option that Igahlo who is leaving in January, we had to fill that spot regardless. It's better than fecking Josh King or Danny Ings.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
You would think how thick do the higher ups at United think we are as a fan base? Do they expect us to be excited by this? Then you read the comments, great mentor, fantastic striker.. this just isn't good enough for a top club, scary how easy some fans are to please.
Higher ups don’t give a flying toss what our fans think. We have one of the most tolerant fanbases in terms of expectations and actual results.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Fantastic signing. This is the sort of player we should have available on the bench. He has scored goals wherever he has gone and is on another level technique wise to other bench options. People thinking Ighalo was good enough were kidding themselves.

A very smart squad signing for a few years and a favourite of mine for last decade. Really looking forward to seeing him in a United shirt.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Get Telles and Sancho now and it’s a good window.

Don’t get them and it’s not

Ole90+3

What the hell are people so upset about? Would they rather us sign no backup up front? Cavani is another level to Ighalo. Good short term signing and will certainly bag at least 10 goals this season.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It goes against everything we said apparently :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.