EFL Trophy: Lincoln City v Man United u21

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
17 but fully matured and not much more room for development left in him. He’s nowhere near the level for united first team regardless of age.
Since when has 17 been either fully mature or fully developed?

You're genuinely just firing random statements out of your arse at this point.

yamo123x

3-1 Mcneill. First time all match he has had any decent service. Dont write him off he knows where the net is.

Hannibal stand out by a country mile.

Some of these lads really look out of their depth

Indnyc

Lovely football again.. Mellor needed to continue that run.. Could have had the second goal.. Hannibal is fantastic

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Wow, Sam Mather's making his debut against Lincoln! I'm looking forward to watching him play. Zidane Iqbal's also coming on. Hoogewerf and Mellor are off.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I'm really liking the composure from the team in their attacks in the last 20 or so minutes. Instead of rushing the ball forward and forcing things, they've moved the ball around quite well and at a fairly decent tempo.

Indnyc

Dumb by Hannibal.. Got frustrated with 2 quick yellow cards

Drainy

Must suck for Hannibal. Foul after foul not given, yellows not given for things he later gets a yellow for.

Still, he has to learn to control his temper because the referees will continue to be shit throughout his career.

Indnyc

Great fight back.. Hannibal inspite of the red card was fantastic.. Final score 3-2

Shoretire, McNeil picked up in the last 30 minutes

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Good learning curve for the young lads and it was a good game to watch and a good test for us.

Hannibal was brilliant, got sent off but shit happens. He'll learn like Ronaldo and RVP did at SCP and Feyenoord who had similar problems.

lysglimt

Scout
Must suck for Hannibal. Foul after foul not given, yellows not given for things he later gets a yellow for.

Still, he has to learn to control his temper because the referees will continue to be shit throughout his career.
The problem is - he starts with his dissent after 2 fouls in the 22nd minute (and they were harmless) - there was one match last season where the opponent targeted him, they didn't today. But the reaction is still the same...fingers waving in the air, pointing at the referee, retaliation....it's ridiculous!

Yagami

Good post resistant
I only caught the last half hour. Safe to say I saw our best period, though!

Mejbri was brilliant. It's a shame refs allow him to be manhandled every game. I'm looking forward to seeing him play with Iqbal this year.

Marwood

Won't break into the first team until he sorts out his temperament, it's ruining a brilliant prospect fulfilling his potential.
I'd much rather a young lad be like that than too placid.

You can calm them down but you can't fire them up.

DevTheRed

Shame Hannibal got sent off, we were looking really good in the last few minutes. Part of his game he has to work on, gets frustrated easily.. has to learn from a player like Grealish and channel his frustration into his on pitch performance.

Only watched the last 25 minutes but we looked really composed going forward, Shoretire and Hannibal looked a class above as usual.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Mejbri was brilliant and those 2 yellow card don't change anything. Second yellow was not even that bad considering we wanted to win the ball.

Gandalf

Shame Hannibal got sent off, we were looking really good in the last few minutes. Part of his game he has to work on, gets frustrated easily.. has to learn from a player like Grealish and channel his frustration into his on pitch performance.
If this was football manager we could be inviting Rashford in for a chat to see if he wants to mentor him, of course Hannibal might say feck off and we all know that tanks the morale.

Marwood

True but it shows he isn't learning, didn't Wood have to have a word with him at HT/FT of an u23s game last season about it?
Yeah think he did.

The fiery types, it usually takes a few years to calm down.

But I quite like it. I get a bit frustrated at seeing overly coached, emotionless, young players.

Yagami

Good post resistant
If Rooney can eventually calm down, anyone can :D

lysglimt

Scout
Mejbri was brilliant and those 2 yellow card don't change anything. Second yellow was not even that bad considering we wanted to win the ball.
The second yellow wasn't so bad - but he should have got the second yellow 20 seconds earlier for retaliation. And of course it changes something that he is sent off yet again. This was not an isolated incident - after Neil Ryan said they had worked hard on his mentality - he has been sent off twice in as many matches.

As long as this happens - he can't be trusted to play first-team football where the stakes are much higher no matter how good he is. The opposition can simply put in a couple of hard tackles on him and they know chances are he will implode and be sent off.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The second yellow wasn't so bad - but he should have got the second yellow 20 seconds earlier for retaliation. And of course it changes something that he is sent off yet again. This was not an isolated incident - after Neil Ryan said they had worked hard on his mentality - he has been sent off twice in as many matches.

As long as this happens - he can't be trusted to play first-team football where the stakes are much higher no matter how good he is. The opposition can simply put in a couple of hard tackles on him and they know chances are he will implode and be sent off.
This! It won’t be the first time a talent such as his will be blighted by temperament issues.
I know he’s compared to Grealish a lot but he could worse than take a leaf out of his book and watch his reaction to challenges