Gaming Elden Ring

Kapardin

Looks awesome. Atleast From Software won't be planning on releasing it in 2050 like Martin with his books.

Moar Soulsborne games.:drool:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
What's Martin's role here? What's does he bring to the table? Is it inspired by a book of his?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What's Martin's role here? What's does he bring to the table? Is it inspired by a book of his?
General world-building by the sounds of it...

The actual collaboration itself begun with Mr. Martin ever so politely confirming what sorts of themes, ideas as well as many game-related aspects I had envisioned for the game.

This allowed us to have many free and creative conversations regarding the game, in which Mr. Martin later used as a base to write the overarching mythos for the game world itself.

This mythos proved to be full of interesting characters and drama along with a plethora of mystical and mysterious elements as well. It was a wonderful source of stimulus for me and the development staff.

Elden Ring’s world was constructed using this mythos and stimulus as a base. Even I myself find it hard to contain my excitement from time to time. We hope that everyone else is looking forward to the world we have created.
Which he is very good at, to be fair. Conclusions seem to be what he falters at and Soulsborne games are generally about the journey before ending in some weird, vague, ambiguous thing that no-one really pays a lot of attention to so it suits GRRM to a tee.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I mean, a Souls-like game with good characters and writing. I'm already sold. Although I'm sold without the latter tbh.

Kapardin

Going to be a shit ton of NPCs and unique-to-bizarre lore furthering side-quests with Martin's penchant for characters.

Kapardin

Interview here:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/06/09/hidetaka-miyazaki-and-george-rr-martin-present-elden-ring/

This title will include a wide variety of weapons, magic, and ways to engage enemies, that make it possible to provide users with a style of gameplay and strategy that suits them.

Even when compared to the Dark Souls series, I believe this title will provide even more variety in the ways for players to overcome challenges and tweak their tactics when facing enemies.
Dark Souls 4. Its' fappening.:drool:

Chairman Steve

Even though I’d love to see Winds get released, I’m more than happy for GRRM to take a detour to develop a FromSoft action RPG.

GRRM and Miyazaki both have Lovecraftian themes in their works so it’s no surprise they ended up collaborating, even though the thought of it is the stuff of wild dreams. I can imagine GRRM digging Bloodborne the most out of FromSofts games.

This is probably the best video game team up since Kojima and Del Toro for that cancelled Silent Hills game that sadly never came to pass.

Last edited:

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
So this was suppposed to be released in June, but delayed due to copyright issues. Is it fair to assume the game is largely finished? Think they will wait to release it until the PS5? From Software are my favourite developers so I can't wait for this.

Ainu

So this was suppposed to be released in June, but delayed due to copyright issues. Is it fair to assume the game is largely finished? Think they will wait to release it until the PS5? From Software are my favourite developers so I can't wait for this.
Was it? I thought it didn't have a release date at all and just assumed it was still some way off. What copyright issues are you referring to? We've had exactly zero official updates on this game since its reveal at E3 last year.

evil_geko

Really? We didn't even see a gameplay video, so I doubt it will be out this year.