Elon Musk | Owner of X

Balljy

:lol:

Tesla recalls Cybertrucks over accelerator crash risk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c9ezp0lv039o

From the article:
The company says an "unapproved change" in the production of the pedal meant "lubricant" was used in its assembly, which means the pad did not stick properly to the pedal.

So an unapproved change on a production line producing potentially dangerous cars that should be all have gone through testing to pass regulations is used as an excuse. That makes it even worse than something that had gone unnoticed.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
From the article:
The company says an "unapproved change" in the production of the pedal meant "lubricant" was used in its assembly, which means the pad did not stick properly to the pedal.

So an unapproved change on a production line producing potentially dangerous cars that should be all have gone through testing to pass regulations is used as an excuse. That makes it even worse than something that had gone unnoticed.
Its never their fault

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
From the article:

Honestly, their whole fleet is a disaster. I owned one for a year from new as a company/tax perk. By the end of that period it had started to creak and make noises at motorway speeds. Things rubbing together in the interior. It did my head in. For that to happen without petrol and pistons and a drive chain is just unacceptable.

I had a cheap one. But it’s indicative. They make shit quality cars that don’t last. It sounded like an entry level polo after 10 months.

Lord knows what the second hand market will look like in a decade when the brand cachet has disappeared.

I pity people paying $70k+ for the shitshow that is the cybertruck.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Honestly, their whole fleet is a disaster. I owned one for a year from new as a company/tax perk. By the end of that period it had started to creak and make noises at motorway speeds. Things rubbing together in the interior. It did my head in. For that to happen without petrol and pistons and a drive chain is just unacceptable.

I had a cheap one. But it’s indicative. They make shit quality cars that don’t last. It sounded like an entry level polo after 10 months.

Lord knows what the second hand market will look like in a decade when the brand cachet has disappeared.

I pity people paying $70k+ for the shitshow that is the cybertruck.
I wouldn’t pity them, they have more money than sense

reelworld

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Model Ys are going for as low as 29k on the Tesla website at the moment. They must be desperate to avoid the stock crashing back to 100.

Revan

Assumptionman
I do not get why TSLA stock went up 11% after the trading closed. Both the earnings and revenue were worse than expected, that usually ranks the stock.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I do not get why TSLA stock went up 11% after the trading closed. Both the earnings and revenue were worse than expected, that usually ranks the stock.
Because they said new models are coming out, which given that it’s Musk, got the market excited again. Expect that to subside once people figure out it won’t be enough to prop up Tesla’s inflated fundamentals.

Revan

Assumptionman
Because they said new models are coming out, which given that it’s Musk, got the market excited again. Expect that to subside once people figure out it won’t be enough to prop up Tesla’s inflated fundamentals.
Yeah, but he overpromises all the time. And fundamentally, I guess except batteries, Tesla does not have any moat, and pretty much all the big car companies have catches up, and Tesla car quality is mediocre at best, so I do not see this ever going back to where it was.

Unless is really switches to robots, but no idea how that would work out.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I think Elon might be reading this thread and has decided to personally punish me, because finally my "For you" turned to shit. I've never had a problem with it even as some of you have described the dross you get on it. I've been happy to keep it there, and not on "following", because the algorithm has almost always just suggested other content I am interested in. But today I've had to click "not interested" a lot. Suddenly it's full of the kind of people my actual follows are mocking.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I think Elon might be reading this thread and has decided to personally punish me, because finally my "For you" turned to shit. I've never had a problem with it even as some of you have described the dross you get on it. I've been happy to keep it there, and not on "following", because the algorithm has almost always just suggested other content I am interested in. But today I've had to click "not interested" a lot. Suddenly it's full of the kind of people my actual follows are mocking.
I'm dreading this day :lol:
Mr. Beast (non-marked ads) have broken through so far, and some other bad ads, but nothing terrible yet, and outside of ads it's fine. I think blocking Elon months ago made a big difference.

Idxomer

I have no idea how the algorithm works, accounts disappear from my timeline for weeks unless I click specifically on their pages.

My "for you" section is sometimes from those accounts, it's rarely from ones I don't follow. Maybe they move the shadow banned/limited reach accounts to there but I'm not sure that makes sense.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Twitter is now recommending Nazis to me. Actual Norwegian ("former") neo-Nazis. It might have just crossed the and lost and any all use it had for me.

Edit: and suddenly Jackson Hinkle and Jake Shields pop up in my recommended. And while yesterday I was getting a lot of Russian tweets, today half of them are Danish. It's crazy how incompetent a CEO Elon Musk is.

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Twitter is now recommending Nazis to me. Actual Norwegian ("former") neo-Nazis. It might have just crossed the and lost and any all use it had for me.

Edit: and suddenly Jackson Hinkle and Jake Shields pop up in my recommended. And while yesterday I was getting a lot of Russian tweets, today half of them are Danish. It's crazy how incompetent a CEO Elon Musk is.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Oh I'm blocking a lot of stuff, but I've never had to block Jackson Hinkle or Jake Shields before because literally the only time they show up on my feed is screenshots of their dumb tweets and someone going "this is a really fecking dumb tweet". Apparently that's changed, though.

Where'd you see that, btw?
spent 10 minutes making it :lol:

Ya i still only see the bad stuff when someone screenshots. I think it might also be because i follow relatively few people and almost no massive accounts. My idea being, the really big accounts (obama, sanders, etc) are followed by everyone, including right-wingers, and that increases the chances the algorithm thinks i want to see what those followers like.