Elon Musk | Owner of X

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Oh, I know, but the genius doesn't seem to see the irony of his stupid tweet
Oh he knows full well he's a racist piece of shit, I don't think you need to worry about that.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
So tweeter not only is full of bots, trolls with blue ticks and spreading desinformation but creates the fake news and then distribuites it. These coming elections will be great

nimic

something nice
Scout
Not the richest person in the world anymore, passed by Zuck. Mind you it's still not great that the second richest person is willfully using his social media network to spread outright far-right talking points, so it's still up-against-the-wall levels of money.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not the richest person in the world anymore, passed by Zuck. Mind you it's still not great that the second richest person is willfully using his social media network to spread outright far-right talking points, so it's still up-against-the-wall levels of money.
Very lucky that a great and nobel man like Zuck is richest now. We're surely to enter a global golden age now.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
4th now as Bezos passed him a few weeks ago and Bernard Arnault is top.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Very lucky that a great and nobel man like Zuck is richest now. We're surely to enter a global golden age now.
In all of human history there has never been an ethical "richest person in the world", but sometimes they don't actively spread Nazi propaganda. Zuckerberg at least pretends his social media network doesn't do that.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
In all of human history there has never been an ethical "richest person in the world", but sometimes they don't actively spread Nazi propaganda. Zuckerberg at least pretends his social media network doesn't do that.
That's actually an interesting thought. Surely there must ve been a truly "good" very rich person? Not that I can think of any right now.

langster

Scout
That's actually an interesting thought. Surely there must ve been a truly "good" very rich person? Not that I can think of any right now.
Bill gates and his wife aren't perfect at all but have given billions to charity and their pledge of giving the majority to charity upon their deaths must surely be considered good or at least better than most.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Bill gates and his wife aren't perfect at all but have given billions to charity and their pledge of giving the majority to charity upon their deaths must surely be considered good or at least better than most.
If whether or not you're good depends on how much money you give to charity, then it's very easy for any billionaire to be good. Granted many of them don't even try, so in that respect the likes of Gates or Buffett aren't too bad. Gates has done a lot of shady stuff though, and it was instrumental in gaining that wealth in the first place.

But yes, I'd much rather have Gates or Buffett as the richest man in the world than Bezos, Musk or Zuckerberg.

Kaush949

Tbh, Zuck is also a part of giving pledge.

But, I believe that the commitment comes with a lot of strings attached.

langster

Scout
If whether or not you're good depends on how much money you give to charity, then it's very easy for any billionaire to be good. Granted many of them don't even try, so in that respect the likes of Gates or Buffet aren't too bad. Gates has done a lot of shady stuff though, and it was instrumental in gaining that wealth in the first place.

But yes, I'd much rather have Gates or Buffet as the richest man in the world than Bezos, Musk or Zuckerberg.
No of course just giving money isn't good and not what I consider being a good person should be based on. Personally I think it should be compulsory anyway. And yeah, he has done some shady shit, but nothing compared to someone like Musk.

Has there ever been anyone that's made lots of money without doing something shady?

nimic

something nice
Scout
No of course just giving money isn't good and not what I consider being a good person should be based on. Personally I think it should be compulsory anyway. And yeah, he has done some shady shit, but nothing compared to someone like Musk.

Has there ever been anyone that's made lots of money without doing something shady?
Probably if we don't count regular worker exploitation as shady, but if we do then probably not.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I think Bezos’s ex has pledged to give it all away and is actively doing so. A family member works for a charity that got one of her donations, so I can attest at least some of it is real.

edit: saying “Bezo’s ex” was insulting. MacKenzie Scott is her name.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'd say charity doesnt really qualify as long as you don't gave it all away. Giving 1 billion to charity if you have 5 billion still leaves you obscenely rich and clearly on the side of the "Big Club" George Carlin talks about.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Ah yes, Joe Biden's pro-Hamas actions. Two political geniuses right here. Unfortunately one of them is the 4th (haha loser) richest person in the world who owns his own social media company which he actively fills with far-right propaganda. Ben Shapiro is harder to get upset at, he's too pathetic. Just read his posts in his own voice, and they immediately become funny.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I reckon it’s hard to get annoyed at any political commentary if you hear it in Ben Shapiro’s voice.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Here's Musk just casually chatting with a person in the far-right wing of the already far-right AfD, over his public use of a phrase championed by the SA (brownshirts).

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
Here's Musk just casually chatting with a person in the far-right wing of the already far-right AfD, over his public use of a phrase championed by the SA (brownshirts).

Höcke is classed as right wing extremist by the Verfassungsschutz (internal intelligence agency) and under surveillance since 2020.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Lots of articles over the last few days on how Tesla is suffering due to Musk.
He was the main reason my wife decided on an “anything but Tesla” EV and it sounds like more and more are doing the same.

nimic

something nice
Scout
He was the main reason my wife decided on an “anything but Tesla” EV and it sounds like more and more are doing the same.
It remains to be seen how big this effect actually is, but it definitely seems like a bad PR move for Tesla.

Personally I'd never get a Tesla, but there are many other reasons than just Musk.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I was playing with the idea to buy a tesla when my car dies 2-3 years ago. Giving business to that prick+all the shitty news about its quality + lies on the self driven + blaming drivers for tesla's mistakes, is also a anything but tesla for me. Even if they would solve their problems, he is a gigantic douch and fortunately there are alternatives

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The fringes on the right is not his audience, when it comes to selling EVs.

He is probably just too rich to care though, too big to fail, as the saying goes.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Was reading the comments on this video
Wow!
I really like to dwell on the thought that we live in parallel realities, and certainly reading this comments we do. We think that Musk fans live in a parallel reality but so they think the same of the ones we criticize him. And with that so many topics. And what if they are right and I am wrong? I certainly can't be always on the right side of reality

But yeah nah, they are crazy