Elon Musk | Owner of X

Revan

Assumptionman
Highly qualified/paid workers also deserve labour rights, to be fair to them. But you're right that it's got nothing to do with Twitter itself.
Of course they do, but they are in a much better position than most people both financially, and also finding jobs easy. And as you said, it also does not have much to do with Twitter.

With regards to labour rights, it is a pretty much global phenomenon. For example, with Argo AI, the Munich office was severely impacted despite that Germany is one of the countries with the best labour rights. At the end, the company was bleeding money, so something had to be done.

NB: While something has to be done, it looks like a series of random moves, so I wouldn't be surprised if this is the beginning of the end for Twitter.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I am very happy with his take over. It's an end to politically biased censorship on the platform. People will find him more centrist than they imagine. Plus the platform will actually have free speech and ban people for the right reasons. No longer for political whims
Can't find the white text.

HookedOnAPhelan

There is just no way Elon Musk has a reasonably sized penis.

I find it amazing that there are people out there who worship this bald cnut.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Centrist move…

I read a tweet that he's setting up some form of committee that has opinions from all backgrounds to help moderate everything so assume that's a replacement for these roles.

I doubt he's against human rights. We'll soon see but he's probably known a while so already had ideas on how he will reshape Twitter.

Spark

I am very happy with his take over. It's an end to politically biased censorship on the platform. People will find him more centrist than they imagine. Plus the platform will actually have free speech and ban people for the right reasons. No longer for political whims
:lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I read a tweet that he's setting up some form of committee that has opinions from all backgrounds to help moderate everything so assume that's a replacement for these roles.

I doubt he's against human rights. We'll soon see but he's probably known a while so already had ideas on how he will reshape Twitter.
I hope so, but he apparently has a billion dollar nut to pay back very soon. Quickest way to gin up some cash is to slash payroll & hold that steady for a while.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

Bizarre that people keep giving him the benefit of the doubt.

You need to start taking notice, he’s every bit as bad as people are saying and that’s every bit as dangerous.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I hope so, but he apparently has a billion dollar nut to pay back very soon. Quickest way to gin up some cash is to slash payroll & hold that steady for a while.
Yes but I don't think Twitter has ever been profitable, maybe a year or two, so investors will have known and he can sell a fraction of Tesla stock for billions or refinance with his pals like Binance.

Bizarre that people keep giving him the benefit of the doubt.

You need to start taking notice, he’s every bit as bad as people are saying and that’s every bit as dangerous.
Bizarre that you feel the need to point out he's evil when I simply replied about a business decision to disband one team and replace that with another - this happens all the time and has happened to me personally in both ways.

I wasn't giving him benefit of the doubt, I don't know him, and not going to listen to one or two comments online. I'll give him time but I personally don't care about his political views.

I believe he will put people in charge of Twitter that will make it better but will make mistakes along the way as this is a society problem not specific to a single platform.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Just as I thought he has laid off the non "core" engineering teams. Whole teams for ML ethics, accessibility have been laid off. He has even shut down all ERG groups borne out of DEI.

Murder on Zidanes Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Been harping on for years that he's a talentless cretin, a dumb person's idea of a smart person, a loser, an idiot, an intellectual lightweight, a chancer, a grifter, a liar to anyone who would listen.

Now everyone can see who he is, and what I've seen in real time with the help of a $44bn purchase of a social media site.

Will be hilarious.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United
I wasn't giving him benefit of the doubt, I don't know him, and not going to listen to one or two comments online. I'll give him time but I personally don't care about his political views.

I believe he will put people in charge of Twitter that will make it better but will make mistakes along the way as this is a society problem not specific to a single platform.
"I wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt." I mean, fair enough, but that is what you're saying.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
"I wasn't giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt." I mean, fair enough, but that is what you're saying.
I don't feel I was but all good.

For clarity the latter part was in relation to Twitter long term, I don't think he'll be actively managing or involved in Twitter long term and a team will be in place to do that so it won't matter what his views are longer term. I could be wrong but that would be needed to scale Twitter and he has Tesla/SpaceX which still have major growth challenges.

decorativeed

Been harping on for years that he's a talentless cretin, a dumb person's idea of a smart person, a loser, an idiot, an intellectual lightweight, a chancer, a grifter, a liar to anyone who would listen.

Now everyone can see who he is, and what I've seen in real time with the help of a $44bn purchase of a social media site.

Will be hilarious.
You could have/possibly did post this exact first paragraph on the Trump Presidency thread 5 or so years ago.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Other employees were still being summoned to meetings. Esther Crawford, a project manager, asked people to join a “standup” meeting at 9:30 p.m. in San Francisco on Thursday as some layoff notices went out.

“I recognize this is a crazy moment where Tweeps are losing access and the layoff is in progress,” she wrote on Slack, adding a broken heart emoji and a link to a video conferencing room, according to messages viewed by The Times. Ms. Crawford works on Twitter Blue, a subscription product that faces a Nov. 7 deadline for rolling out or those on the team face termination.
A small group of employees tuned into the meeting via video conference as Ms. Crawford walked through product updates and troubleshooting issues. Suddenly, one member of the team dropped off in the middle of the call, said three people with knowledge of the incident. The person’s access had been cut off from the Twitter network.
Never heard of anything like this before. All Musk fanbois in tech industry need to get their head checked.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
This takeover has nothing to do with free speech and everything to do with Musk playing real-life RPG, IMO. Nothing here looks like it has been researched.
I don't agree. Twitter moved from being politically neutral and moderating actual bad behavior on its platform. To increasingly playing clear favorites about who to punish and who's views to quash or promote as truth.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't agree. Twitter moved from being politically neutral and moderating actual bad behavior on its platform. To increasingly playing clear favorites about who to punish and who's views to quash or promote as truth.
As referenced by what? Any examples or just a “feeling”?