berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

another triumph of the fact checking industry

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Why did he get told to f off if he's been helping them?
Because he has essentially said "soooooo I've been paying your cell bill for the last few months, so you should give Vladdy your house and children. okaybyeeeeeee"

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It's not possible to be a billionaire and not be a giant cnut. It simply isn't.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Seriously? Why did he do that? I know nothing about Elon Musk or his political views but why is he aligned with Putin?
He's contrarian, not very good with people, and he's a tech billionaire. All of those things add up to someone who thinks they've got the answers. This is just a larger version of that time he out of nowhere offered to make a submarine to save those kids stuck in that cave, and when the rescue divers weren't showing enough enthusiasm he tweeted that one particular guy was probably a pedo.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
She also was very quiet when she was earning via her husbands dodgy business practices, mind you.
More importantly; she’s available again.
That non rich guy (some might call it slumming it?) is now out of the picture.

I’m wondering is she has a type, I can shave my head if that’s whats required.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
After the Rubik’s cube, the Musk’s cube:

Hero-to-Zero
| |
to to
| |
Zero-to-Hero

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
3rd time he's posted a version of this - deleted the last 2 (which only had Kanye, not Trump)

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Great to see Elon spending his time working to improve autopilot.
Next car we buy (will be in 23) will likely be an EV. It will not be a Tesla for many reasons, but Musk is most definitely one of them.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Next car we buy (will be in 23) will likely be an EV. It will not be a Tesla for many reasons, but Musk is most definitely one of them.
I was considering a Tesla, but am looking at an i4 M50 now. Much nicer to look at, although there's a one year wait time for delivery.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I was considering a Tesla, but am looking at an i4 M50 now. Much nicer to look at, although there's a one year wait time for delivery.
It’s my wife’s call as this is to replace her 06 Corolla (200k+ miles), so she deserves to get whatever she wants. Only reason we may stay away from an EV is the lack of charging stations down south. I think she would go with the ID.4 from VW for the extra room.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It’s my wife’s call as this is to replace her 06 Corolla (200k+ miles), so she deserves to get whatever she wants. Only reason we may stay away from an EV is the lack of charging stations down south. I think she would go with the ID.4 from VW for the extra room.
I wouldn't let the charging station issue stop you. There are more or less already enough non-Tesla chargers to go around, and that's before the massive upgrades in charging infrastructure they are planning in the coming years.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I wouldn't let the charging station issue stop you. There are more or less already enough non-Tesla chargers to go around, and that's before the massive upgrades in charging infrastructure they are planning in the coming years.
My wife travels to family in SE GA routinely, which is about 350 miles and would require a charge. Worried about rural GA/SC/NC areas. We need to research it more.

The Firestarter

3rd time he's posted a version of this - deleted the last 2 (which only had Kanye, not Trump)

I cant even see where is he going with this. Trying to win over some more incels? Or own a little more wokes, so bizarre.

NZT-One

Seriously? Why did he do that? I know nothing about Elon Musk or his political views but why is he aligned with Putin?
I hope, there isn't some sort of backlash, but I think, it is weird, that nobody just posted the twitter post, that caused the struggle. In my view he openly discussed a possible scenarios to get out of the current misery which seems sort of land-locked (for multiple reasons obviously). Personally, I think, it does paint a certain picture that people attack Musk so much instead of discussing his idea or ideas following his train of thought. They could even attack the idea - shouldn't be too difficult if it as nonsensical as some reactions suggest.

Lemoor

I hope, there isn't some sort of backlash, but I think, it is weird, that nobody just posted the twitter post, that caused the struggle. In my view he openly discussed a possible scenarios to get out of the current misery which seems sort of land-locked (for multiple reasons obviously). Personally, I think, it does paint a certain picture that people attack Musk so much instead of discussing his idea or ideas following his train of thought. They could even attack the idea - shouldn't be too difficult if it as nonsensical as some reactions suggest.

It was posted and discussed in the thread about Russian invasion of Ukraine.

The Firestarter

It's absolutely nonsensical on so many levels already discussed in the Ukraine thread. You don't discuss every idea your toddler proposes, and this is such level of foreign policy.

NZT-One

It was posted and discussed in the thread about Russian invasion of Ukraine.
It's absolutely nonsensical on so many levels already discussed in the Ukraine thread. You don't discuss every idea your toddler proposes, and this is such level of foreign policy.
I see. Didn't know it has been discussed somewhere else. Still, I think, it would have made sense to provide the content instead of some sort of already interpreted version of it.

I guess I will the check the thread then... because I'm not sure how this is toddler stuff... Thanks for providing the tip

MTF

The premise is absurd, that's the issue. It's way too favorable to Russia vs what Ukraine currently assess it's capabilities are, and that the US government also assesses. He's a US Citizen and therefore this is covered under the Logan Act, which although rarely enforced via trial, sets the principle that US Citizens do not conduct unauthorized foreign diplomacy.

It's overall naïve to the extreme to even publish this. If he thought those were actual good terms that he thinks both countries can agree to, he would try to lobby for that in private (how actual diplomacy works before deals are public). Ukraine cannot currently be seen agreeing to those terms in public. As such, I can only conclude that it is either megalomania or a result of coercion.

Ekkie Thump

Supports
Leeds United

There are 14 million displaced people from Ukraine. Mostly from the East. Many many thousands more have been killed. Many other thousands transported to Russia. Those that remain live under an armed occupation and face the barrel of a gun if they make a wrong decision.

If half the people have been forced to flee, and those that remain are scared please tell me how a referendum could possibly be reasonable, free and fair? How could it possibly satisfy both warring parties? It is patently impossible and Musk deserves all the derision he gets for suggesting it. It just paints him as an idiot gobshite who likes to arrogantly weigh in on things he knows sod all about. It's irresponsible and he should know better.