Elon Musk | Owner of X

Tyrion

Tweeting will now be Xcreting. Tweets will now be Xcretions.

Yes, I stole this off Reddit.
Damn. That's perfect.

It seems like he puts no thought into any of this but its all failing so spectacularly that part of me wonders if its deliberate. Even if he was just throwing shit at the wall, surely some of it would stick but he's failing from every angle so maybe it's deliberate and he just thinks this is funny?

frostbite

He overpaid a lot for it, he has simply decided he is going to have fun with it.

That's the only explanation of his moronic decisions that makes any sense to me.

Fridge chutney

“X” is also a bit cringe in that he must think it sounds really cool.

I had a bunch of X’s in my old gamer tag when I was like 14. I thought it was badass, the X stood for extreme
:lol: same. I put Xs in old emails and usernames when i was 12-14. I thought it was cool but it was the lamest fecking thing.

Elon is so cringey and insecure so this juvenile attempt to be cool doesn't really surprise me.

Tyrion

:lol: same. I put Xs in old emails and usernames when i was 12-14. I thought it was cool but it was the lamest fecking thing.

Elon is so cringey and insecure so this juvenile attempt to be cool doesn't really surprise me.
It's like he wasn't cool when he was that age so now he's using his money to appeal to the same age group. He's the "how do you do fellow kids" meme with a quarter trillion dollars. Crypto, the MMA crap, anti-vax, its all about trying to impress overly online teens and 20-somethings.

WPMUFC

“X” is also a bit cringe in that he must think it sounds really cool.

I had a bunch of X’s in my old gamer tag when I was like 14. I thought it was badass, the X stood for extreme
Even "Wechat" understood you had to keep the name kind of tangentially linked to it's original function.

Tyrion

Even "Wechat" understood you had to keep the name kind of tangentially linked to it's original function.
He dumped one of the most recognisable brand names in the world for a non-brand he made up in the last few days. I'm enjoying how much he's tanked his reputation.

Amarsdd

idk how its only now I'm finding this out. WTF is he doing? Just throwing away one of the most recognizable brands for what is basically a 50 yr old's idea of what edgy teens find cool these days. I don't think I've ever seen a man so up his own arse like him.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
How do I type in the web address? What if my 'fingers slip' and I have too many X's before the .com? :nervous:

What will be the theme tune for the launch? Let's talk about X, baby?

stepic

He dumped one of the most recognisable brand names in the world for a non-brand he made up in the last few days. I'm enjoying how much he's tanked his reputation.
oh no he's had this stupid X idea in his head for 20+ years. he tried to change paypal to X and they kicked him out

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
So do we need a thread title change or do we wait until there is enough brand awareness for people to know what X means?

Simbo

This feels like a trump style implementation. Idea hatched on a Monday, coded on Tuesday, launched on Wednesday. About five people involved in total. Reminds me of Giuliani's press conference at the Four Seasons Total Landscaping office, spouting utter nonsense to boot.

This is such a shitty rebranding. Forget the idea itself being shitty, they announced the change and implemented overnight and then did nothing except change the logo, have x.com redirect to twitter and have Musk make a nonsensical announcement about how x is the imperfection of us all.

I think this is probably the most amateurish feat Musk has pulled yet, which is saying something.
Definitely has that feel to it, like he wants his own personal dictator style stamp on it. Makes me cringe when I open twitter now, which I'm feeling much less inclined to do going forward.

One more step toward his goal of pushing his detractors off the platform, so its just left with the bots, far-right and oblivious types ripe for manipulation.

Raulduke

Has tweetdeck been nuked for non-subscribers now? I know there was talk about it a couple of weeks ago and now I'm getting the rate limited message. Can still access via the app.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Definitely has that feel to it, like he wants his own personal dictator style stamp on it. Makes me cringe when I open twitter now, which I'm feeling much less inclined to do going forward.

One more step toward his goal of pushing his detractors off the platform, so its just left with the bots, far-right and oblivious types ripe for manipulation.
Ding ding ding.
This stuff is dangerous. Years from now researchers will have a field day studying the impacts of the Trumps and Elons of the world helping to bring about the race to the bottom of human decency.