Elon Musk | Owner of X

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Another absolutely fecking moronic decision in a long line of fecking mornic decisions beginning with purchasing the site in the first place.

What an absolute clown he is.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
bit the bullet and made a bluesky.

first impressions: it's a twitter clone with worse design, much slower loading, most posts are a more earnest and less fun...but twitter without a block and with checkie replies is grim, easily worse than bluesky.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
If, say, Jon Stewart blocks the Russian bots, they can't saturate his comments with right wing propaganda. Can't have that. He can mute them so he can't see it, but he can't get rid of them to stop them from interrupting any dialogue that might come from any post.

Will further greatly cut down on organic interactions.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If, say, Jon Stewart blocks the Russian bots, they can't saturate his comments with right wing propaganda. Can't have that. He can mute them so he can't see it, but he can't get rid of them to stop them from interrupting any dialogue that might come from any post.

It will destroy it. It will become unusable

jeff_goldblum

bit the bullet and made a bluesky.

first impressions: it's a twitter clone with worse design, much slower loading, most posts are a more earnest and less fun...but twitter without a block and with checkie replies is grim, easily worse than bluesky.
At the moment I think BlueSky is a really mixed bag. The functionality seems fine to me but it's undoubtedly jankier than pre-Musk Twitter.

On the other hand, I hadn't realised how much adverts and algorithms on Twitter affected the user experience until I used BlueSky. Even exclusively using the "Following" tab on Twitter it regularly seems to decide which tweets from people I follow I want to see or not and obviously it chucks a bunch of ads at you regardless. Going on BlueSky and actually seeing every post the people I follow have posted in reverse chronological order is refreshing. Seems to be better for content creators too - a few artists I follow have said they're getting way more engagement on BlueSky than they do on Twitter despite having a fraction of the follower count simply because the people who follow them actually get to see their posts.

The big issue with it at the moment is simply that there aren't that many people on it and it feels "quiet", but it's possible that's also the only thing which is saving it from immediately becoming a toxic hellhole.

edit: wow actually it is running slow today, maybe a big influx of twitter emigrants following the no blocking fiasco

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
At the moment I think BlueSky is a really mixed bag. The functionality seems fine to me but it's undoubtedly jankier than pre-Musk Twitter.

On the other hand, I hadn't realised how much adverts and algorithms on Twitter affected the user experience until I used BlueSky. Even exclusively using the "Following" tab on Twitter it regularly seems to decide which tweets from people I follow I want to see or not and obviously it chucks a bunch of ads at you regardless. Going on BlueSky and actually seeing every post the people I follow have posted in reverse chronological order is refreshing. Seems to be better for content creators too - a few artists I follow have said they're getting way more engagement on BlueSky than they do on Twitter despite having a fraction of the follower count simply because the people who follow them actually get to see their posts.

The big issue with it at the moment is simply that there aren't that many people on it and it feels "quiet", but it's possible that's also the only thing which is saving it from immediately becoming a toxic hellhole.

edit: wow actually it is running slow today, maybe a big influx of twitter emigrants following the no blocking fiasco
Just received my invite code, I'm guessing they've released a decent chunk today/this week.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

it’s weird, I expected him to have looked into this sort of thing before he opened his gob

Shez

Artificially inflated engagement rates

Nogbadthebad

The block thing is almost certainly because a large portion of his user base is blocking the accounts of all thise crappy ads, stifling what little bit of income the platform has left.

That ist against the TOS for the two big app platforms wouldn't even be something he thought about for a second before announcing it.

He can;t bully google and apple. This one won't happen.

Lemoor

it’s weird, I expected him to have looked into this sort of thing before he opened his gob
When did he ever do that before? Once he gets backlash to another stupid idea, he will probably just go back to claiming that people that don't like it are against free speech.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The block thing is almost certainly because a large portion of his user base is blocking the accounts of all thise crappy ads, stifling what little bit of income the platform has left.

That ist against the TOS for the two big app platforms wouldn't even be something he thought about for a second before announcing it.

I also think it's because so many people are blocking him as well as many blocking all the far right accounts that Twitter is pushing or the Blue Tick brigade that now get their Tweets promoted over the rest of us.

That was the way most of us could still tolerate the site. If he removes that function and they all come back then my feed will be incredibly different and also completely unbearable too as for some reason on my 'following' tab I still get inundated with far right trolls and idiots like Loony Loomer and Bobo, MtG, Gaetz, Cernobitch, Sharpio etc, etc.

Simbo

I've seen nothing to suggest he's ever cared about the income of the Platform. I've seen plenty to suggest he wants to turn it into a right-wing shitfest. This is another idea toward the latter and to push reasonable people off the platform.

Realist81

I hope journalists and news sites can wean themselves off twitter before Summer 2024 as it's just going to get worse and worse and the 2024 UK election is likely gonna be nasty, let alone the US one.

They won't and it will be a shitstorm

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Funnily enough I’d be all for that idea if it wasn’t Musk behind it. Now I’m wondering what his shady intentions are.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
My digital footprint is as small as possible. All that data out there, and all those nefarious actors in play. No thank you. Why any regular person would willingly submit a selfie and government issued ID information to any social media platform, let alone one owned by a shady character like Musk, is beyond me.

King Eric 7

Would love to see ID verification go ahead. But then I'd like to watch the platform burn from the sidelines.

Krakenzero

Supports
Santiago Wanderers

Well that's that then..
So I'd have to disclose all my personal information that could be used for nefarious purposes either by the owners or by whoever can hack this barely protected info, but at least the bots and fake accounts purchased by the platform's corporate clients (or its owner itself) will dissapear, right?

...right?

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days

It’s weird because I thought he would understand when to use a joke that’s been done to death

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The ID thing is a good idea to me, but I will never trust "X" with that.