Embedded Tweets no longer displaying in my Chrome

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Recent problem I've now got with seeing these started a few days ago, and I can't work-out why.

I had an open tab from that morning that had a tweet properly displayed, but a newer thread I'd opened in the evening didn't show them, and I've not been able to see them in Chrome since then. All I see now is the same type of text that happens when a tweet is embedded and then later deleted.

They still appear in Explorer and Firefox, so I think it's an issue exclusively with Chrome - certainly not a problem with the website, but as the Caf is the only site I visit with them then if anyone has an idea of what I could do to fix this then please let me know.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I have had a similar problem, occasionally. I use Chrome at work but don't have any problem seeing tweets, but at home, most don't display. If I click on the 'date' then the Tweet opens in the same window, rather than in a new browser window & I have to click back to Redcafe. Only started recently, last week or so.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
They still don't display for me, regardless of loading time sadly.

Similar to Colin129, clicking on 'date' takes me onto a Twitter page displaying the Tweet so it's not a major issue, but it's more odd that this has suddenly started to happen (or more accurately not happen) :confused:

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Bump.
I've had this problem for some time now and it's starting to annoy me. Any solutions?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Yeah same with me, been going on for a while. Works fine on my ipad but not computer.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Tweets are loaded from external code so it's out of my control. It sounds like a computer specific thing.

Are you guys using adblock or something? That, or another extension may be interfering with the rendering of the tweets.

Try viewing a page with a tweet in incognito mode (or the equivalent if not using Chrome) and see if it works.

bosnian_red

Yeah I have Adblock on, might be that. I'll try it later when I get home.

bosnian_red

Forgot to mention, going on incognito made them appear but disabling adblock didn't change anything. Any ideas?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Forgot to mention, going on incognito made them appear but disabling adblock didn't change anything. Any ideas?
Some other extension may be interfering with it. Try disabling one extension at a time and see if you can find the culprit.

bosnian_red

Some other extension may be interfering with it. Try disabling one extension at a time and see if you can find the culprit.
Found it, it was the Avast online security plugin... Weird that it was blocking all the twitter stuff. Just now I noticed the follow redcafe on twitter button as well, that was blocked out too.

I'm using firefox and have had the same problem for about a month now.
Try disabling your online anti virus plug in if you have one.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Found it, it was the Avast online security plugin... Weird that it was blocking all the twitter stuff. Just now I noticed the follow redcafe on twitter button as well, that was blocked out too.

Interesting, many probably do consider Twitter a virus! ;)

Twisted_Woody

Scout

That worked. Now I don't have an anti virus plug in active...

bosnian_red

That worked. Now I don't have an anti virus plug in active...
Try going on the settings of the anti virus plug in and click on what's allowed or not allowed... The very first thing for me said "Social Media Blocked", so I clicked that and it changed to allowed. It'll be different with different anti virus softwares but for me it was pretty simple really.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Try going on the settings of the anti virus plug in and click on what's allowed or not allowed... The very first thing for me said "Social Media Blocked", so I clicked that and it changed to allowed. It'll be different with different anti virus softwares but for me it was pretty simple really.
I'm using Avast. In Firefox it doesn't seem to have settings.

bosnian_red

I'm using Avast. In Firefox it doesn't seem to have settings.
I have a button next to my address bar that has the avast picture, click on it and a thing pops up on the right, that said Social media blocked. Maybe look in your extensions and go on options, or settings for it. Should be there some place you can change what its blocking.

Twisted_Woody

Scout
I have a button next to my address bar that has the avast picture, click on it and a thing pops up on the right, that said Social media blocked. Maybe look in your extensions and go on options, or settings for it. Should be there some place you can change what its blocking.
found it, thanks!