Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mart1974

harbours delusions of insignificance
Nothing on BBC. Suspect this is bollocks.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Just had a text... He's been sacked and the club are approaching Leicester re buying BR out of his contract.

Statue of Limitations

Why is this decision not made after the City game, leading into a 2 week break shortly after?
Instead it is being made when we have fixtures coming on top of each other, we are in Spain shortly for CL.

Mad - but he absolutely needs to be sacked tonight, sooner the better. Should have been after that 0-5 imo.

wolvored

This is not true and I wish people would stop peddling this false propaganda.

Pogba and Lingard are off on a free. Whether you rate them or not, we should have got money from them. Martial looks done at the football club but no one can pay his wages and offer us a decent fee, so he'll be kept on for shits and giggles.

Matic and Mata overstayed their welcome by at least two season and were never used. That is 10s of millions in wages wasted.

Van de Beek will also go if he stays and we'll probably lose money on the transfer. That is down to OGS who firstly didn't use a good player for 2 years and damaged his value.

Cavani is gone this season and Ronaldo next season. After that we haven't got a recognised striker because Greenwood is not ready because he's had zero development.

Rashford has looked good in spells but his overuse has damaged his career and I'm starting to doubt if he'll ever be back full-time as the player he was given his niggles and his style of play.

Maguire and AWB have been expensive failures in defence. We can say that now when we've had enough chance to assess them. Maguire is also approaching 30 and so is Varane. People want to get rid of Bailly but if he's gone, we're left with Lindelof.

We've had no youth come through AT ALL under OGS. Elanga's looked good for about the whole of the 2 meaningless games that's he's played but that's about it for his chances. Garner seems to have managed to escape this charade and might come back as a good player but that's down to use sending on loan. Brandon Williams is not good enough to play for United, even in the League Cup.

And finally, trophies. He's won feck and that alone should be enough to end the conversation about leaving us in a better spot.
Well said.

432JuanMata

Take Rodgers and we'll be at this same point with him within 18 months.
All clubs really are though. Yes City got Pep and Liverpool got Klopp but most managers come and then go within 3 years.
Rodgers has done well in every job and has a FA cup. I don’t personally want him but he’s a huge upgrade

TheGodsInRed

I have no doubt when he goes they’ll be numerous posts from many players praising him. Why didn’t those in tears play like it meant that much to them today for fecks sake!
Perhaps they did. Maybe they tried their best, but their confidence is shattered. Lack of direction can do that.

justsomebloke

This is not true and I wish people would stop peddling this false propaganda.

Pogba and Lingard are off on a free. Whether you rate them or not, we should have got money from them. Martial looks done at the football club but no one can pay his wages and offer us a decent fee, so he'll be kept on for shits and giggles.

Matic and Mata overstayed their welcome by at least two season and were never used. That is 10s of millions in wages wasted.

Van de Beek will also go if he stays and we'll probably lose money on the transfer. That is down to OGS who firstly didn't use a good player for 2 years and damaged his value.

Cavani is gone this season and Ronaldo next season. After that we haven't got a recognised striker because Greenwood is not ready because he's had zero development.

Rashford has looked good in spells but his overuse has damaged his career and I'm starting to doubt if he'll ever be back full-time as the player he was given his niggles and his style of play.

Maguire and AWB have been expensive failures in defence. We can say that now when we've had enough chance to assess them. Maguire is also approaching 30 and so is Varane. People want to get rid of Bailly but if he's gone, we're left with Lindelof.

We've had no youth come through AT ALL under OGS. Elanga's looked good for about the whole of the 2 meaningless games that's he's played but that's about it for his chances. Garner seems to have managed to escape this charade and might come back as a good player but that's down to use sending on loan. Brandon Williams is not good enough to play for United, even in the League Cup.

And finally, trophies. He's won feck and that alone should be enough to end the conversation about leaving us in a better spot.
Yeah well, you can sit around and name all the negatives you can think of with every player and assume everything that can go wrong will, but the fact of the matter is this is a very good squad. In fact, fairly obviously the best squad we've had since SAF. We probably need to strengthen the central midfield, and maybe RB too, but other than that, and looking at the players' peak levels during the past couple of seasons, we ought to be pretty well set as a top team.

Keefy18

I would take Rodgers, cringey knob but an excellent coach.
Not a hope in hell...that's the chances that grinning tool would have at this club.

The club is in an absolute shambles.

It's going to take a very strong personality to win players over or have zero fear in burying them, a young enough manager who is tactically astute.

He's as Spurs now but sure...

Because we've little to no other options the next best is ZZ.

Not that I really want him, but his history with Ronnie and Varane should stand to him a bit.

lilcurt

Ole did well until this season. But expectations just went beyond his capability especially after Ronaldo signing alongside Sancho and varane.

But objectively speaking ole would be sacked thrice today if he was Watford manager.

Backing wrong manager actually worse than sacking good one.
I wouldn't say he did well. He didn't win a trophy despite having the best squad in the Europa League by a considerable margin twice. He come 3rd by a single point on the last day of the season, could have so easily been 5th. 2nd last season, when so many others were off the pace and still nowhere near challenging the leaders.

He leaves the club with a very unbalanced squad, with a number of players looking for a way out and no style of play.

I'm sorry but I can't look back on his tenure and say any of it was successful. A well intentioned experiment with the wrong man unfortunately.

Ole will always be a legendary player, unfortunately also one of our worst managers.

Rajma

Just had a text... He's been sacked and the club are approaching Leicester re buying BR out of his contract.
If it’s true we are done as a club. Won’t watch a single game under feckin Brenton. We deserve everything we gonna get. Clowns.

justsomebloke

'Enough said' indeed. What a lot of drivel. The next manager will have a Pogba leaving, possibly Ronaldo and Cavani leaving, Lingard leaving. A gaping hole in CM. A defense that can't defend. All that while spending half a billion. Yeah great job.
Fact is he did a terrible job on almost all fronts as a manager
Bullshit. Now, push off. There's more than enough real things to worry about at the moment.

EDIT. No, strike that. I'll push off. There's got to be somewhere else to follow developments without having to wade through all this garbage fecking pathological misery.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Also known as the truth
3 trophyless seasons and 415m spent, 180m of which spent in an embarrassing defence that keeps leaking goals. CM is mess, our forward line is ancient, Pogba+ Jesse are leaving for free and last year and this year biggest signing are rotting on the bench. Ole is an embarrassement and a failure

hobbers

Rodgers has done well in every job and has a FA cup. I don’t personally want him but he’s a huge upgrade
Anyone with a pulse is a huge upgrade at this point.

But compared to Zidane, Ten Hag, even Pochettino, he'd be a fecking abysmal appointment.

Especially for the £20m or whatever his buyout is :lol:

I'll be Rodgers-out before a ball is kicked, and I won't be the only one.

SirAF

Ageist
Not a hope in hell...that's the chances that grinning tool would have at this club.

It's going to take a very strong personality to win players over or have zero fear in burying them, a young enough manager who is tactically astute.

Not that I really want him, but his history with Ronnie and Varane should stand to him a bit.
If the alternative is Rodgers then I REALLY want Zidane.

izec

If it’s true we are done as a club.
We were done as a club once Fergie stepped down. This would be more of the same.

This season showed you everything you needed to know about the club and our board. Comedy from start until now.

Bobski

I am reconsidering, having to look at those teeth all season might be the clincher.

BlueHaze

Unlike Moyes, LvG and Mourinho, Ole is going to leave Manchester United in a better state than he found it. Not bad for a "legend".
Left us with the same crap midfield jose left us with. Left us with £80m spent on one of the most disastrous centre halves I've seen play for this club. Left us with £50m spent on a right back who's completely inept of attacking and has horrible ball control. Left us with no real striker in the team apart from two guys in their mid 30's who will most likely be gone next season anyway.

Bruno, Van De Beek and Sancho are the only ones of his signings the next manager can hopefully get something good out of. Varane as well if he stays fit.

Keefy18

All clubs really are though. Yes City got Pep and Liverpool got Klopp but most managers come and then go within 3 years.
He's having a disaster of a season this year.

He's crash and burn spectacularly at United.

Clubs a mess and he is the exact opposite of what is needed now.

thejtrain

He inherited a squad full of gaping holes, and leave with a squad that was widely considered to be good enough to mount a title challenge before the season began. Which, yeah, does cost money. Enough said.
80mil for Maguire who's a walking disaster, 80mil for Sancho who he doesn't trust enough to start often, 40mil for VDB who's barely had a sniff. Enough said, indeed.

RedDevilRoshi

Very nervous about what happens next. Ole has to go, for sure. But, I fully expect us to mess up with his successor, too.
If it is Brendan Rodgers, as that’s the name being brandished about, then we’ll all be back here 12-18 months later having the same old conversation as the one we are having just now under Ole.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Awww. Do you think everyone who isn't a club legend deserves the online abuse they receive? What kind of standard is that?
Turn it into whatever you want

Zoo

Rodgers is preferred choice according to Luckhurst.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Rodgers will be exactly what you'd expect from our club. A cringey manager who's proven to be mediocre. Won't rock the boat, won't rebuild the club, another spineless "yes" man. A caricature at that.
Fast forward two years later and we'd be here again.

But by all means.

Artimities

Love Ole the player.
Ole the coach has to go. Look at our starting effort over the last 2 years. Playing from behind. We come out ill prepared and end up chasing the game. That is the manager. We masked it last year with the bs stat about scoring more points from losing positions.

Status
Not open for further replies.