Emergency Board Meeting called to discuss the future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSingh2002

Being a fecking hack is easy. That NYSE part got memed on the caf years ago. :houllier: :lol:

How anyone believes these charlatans I’ll never know.
Hahahahahah they still sling the stock exchange one. Ffs.

GoldanoGraham

Announcement will be Monday - always got to be told to NYSE as to not infer insider trading/share volatility…..

I’m sure Ole been told this, PR machine will go into full affect Monday and Carrick will be in charge for Tuesdays game.

Sure there will be a lot of frantic calls tomorrow looking for a replacement but Ole’s time is definitely up. As much as we believe the board haven’t done anything and totally incompetent they would have had intermediaries working on this outcome before today.

Just hope that the next manager selection is not necessarily just the easy option….

steffyr2

This is just inventing a scenario to argue against
Not sure what that means. I'm thinking back to the Jose Mourinho days, the LVG days, the Moyes days -- you know, the managers who didn't have Utd DNA. There wasn't a who bunch of concern for their feelings that I remember.

There are multiple threads gloating over every ex Utd manager/player.

Jose finished 2nd, and the Caf sneered.
LVG brought along new players, not good enough.
Moyes was local, not good enough.

But we're supposed to be nice to Ole, who really had no qualifications for the job other than the fans loved him. What is Ryan Giggs doing these days?

Dominos

With so many conflicting reports how do we know what to believe. This makes it sound like the board have probably wanted him gone for a while and Joel has been too stubborn to listen.

This is in contrast to reports over previous weeks that Ole has maintained the backing of the board, but ultimately it's up to Joel if he wants to overrule them.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s definitely gone though. It’s just a case of when in the next 48 hours.

SER19

The stock exchange is back with a vengeance tonight :lol: so cringe

Enigma_87

You know who
Yeah he has and you’re right to point it out.

But it was always an easy thing to say -cheap talk and he always said, if Solskjaer proves me wrong I’ll hold my hands up.

We can all do that about any manager who hasn’t already proved himself a winner. He happened to be right, of course, but he deserves no credit for that. He does know a bit about the “mechanics” of running a football club, the “optics” of this and that, how to “peddle narratives” and people being “indexed” to, er, stuff. He’s a bag of wind but it can be fun to listen to him and I agree with him about our club’s shitty way.
And you deserve credit for spouting bollocks to give a complete nobody a chance 3 years running?:rolleyes:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Announcement will be Monday - always got to be told to NYSE as to not infer insider trading/share volatility…..

I’m sure Ole been told this, PR machine will go into full affect Monday and Carrick will be in charge for Tuesdays game.

Sure there will be a lot of frantic calls tomorrow looking for a replacement but Ole’s time is definitely up. As much as we believe the board haven’t done anything and totally incompetent they would have had intermediaries working on this outcome before today.

Just hope that the next manager selection is not necessarily just the easy option….

Bloody hell, this nonsense should be an instant ban now :lol: :keano:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
The board, I would suspect, are buying time at this point to get all their ducks in a row. Compensation agreement needs to be reached, which should be simple, an interim replacement needs to be appointed, and a permanent replacement needs to be agreed upon. I would suspect that the latter two points are a bit of a problem, as it would appear the desire is Zidane but the club is some way away from convincing him to take over. The public will be the last to know, but I am sure that Solksjaer has already been told that he will be removed from his position pending a formal announcement.

The interim appointment will certainly come from within, with a view to having a permanent manager in place within a week to ten days. Whether that permanent manager takes over immediately, or in the summer is open to speculation; but I would expect Phelan to probably be in charge for the next match, as the most experienced of all the coaching staff. One would expect that the new manager will bring in all his own coaching staff. I could easily see Phelan remaining in some capacity, as he has the historical credentials and knowledge of the club, and I wouldn't be surprised if McKenna remains in some capacity, as part of a larger more experienced team. He was highly rated when we poached him from Tottenham, and too much is made of his performance as a coach when the buck has to stop with the manager.

We shall see.

hobbers

Wonder who Duncan's source is. I think he probably does have one somewhere.

BlueHaze

So now the party begins... Who will these clueless lot bring in now?

My bet is Carrick as an interim.

Status
Not open for further replies.