End of season excitement

RedStarUnited

I'm I the only one that is so excited to finally have an exciting end of the season again? For the first time in years we have multiple cup finals to play for and a lot of games in the next last 3 months of the season.

If we get to the FA Cup final (no replays) and Europa League Final, we could play a maximum amount of 26 games in the next 3 months. That's a game every 4 days or so.

If only we were within a realistic chance of going for the league too....

Raw

Feels great to be competing on (mostly!) all fronts again. Fortunately we have an experienced manager who can rotate well.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Can't be excited. Not when Zlatan doesn't score every chance given and when he creates an abundance of chances but the quality of them are poor so his team mates can't tap them in.

jackofalltrades

I'm I the only one that is so excited to finally have an exciting end of the season again? For the first time in years we have multiple cup finals to play for and a lot of games in the next last 3 months of the season.

we get to the If FA Cup final (no replays) and Europa League Final, we could play a maximum amount of 26 games in the next 3 months. That's a game every 4 days or so.

If only we were within a realistic chance of going for the league too....
Be interesting to know how many we played the year of the treble. FA Cup semi-final replay with extra time and ten men was one of them. Sometimes, if you get on a roller the results follow you along. The nearer we get to these trophies, the more keyed up the squad should be.

Why don't we start talking about winning three trophies ?

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Feels great to have your team back after it being taken hostage for three years by Moyes and LvG.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Be interesting to know how many we played the year of the treble. FA Cup semi-final replay with extra time and ten men was one of them. Sometimes, if you get on a roller the results follow you along. The nearer we get to these trophies, the more keyed up the squad should be.

63 over the season according to this.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Yeah. You're the only one. Just you.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Yeah but wouldn't you rather play one game every three weeks and have the energy to genegenpress?

Raw

I'd only start if we make good progress in the FA Cup and Europa League. We only have one foot in the round of 16 of the Europa, and there's still four rounds of the FA Cup to go with a lot of strong teams still remaining.

jackofalltrades

I'd only start if we make good progress in the FA Cup and Europa League. We only have one foot in the round of 16 of the Europa, and there's still four rounds of the FA Cup to go with a lot of strong teams still remaining.
Agreed it's a long way but considering how bad things were looking before Xmas, close to being knocked out of the EL and the series of draws/losses in the league from September to November, everything's much more upbeat. Winning begins with believing it's possible. Time to revisit the "let's be positive " thread ?

But yes, can't get too far ahead of things.

Cliche Guevara

To be honest, no!

I think there's far too much pressure to finish in the top four to be 'excited', as I'm a bit of a nervous fan.

I think we look quite good for top four, but desperately need Champions League. If that looks increasingly likely then I'd probably be able to relax and enjoy the excitement a bit more.

Until then, I'm generally a bag of nerves.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
To be honest, no!

I think there's far too much pressure to finish in the top four to be 'excited', as I'm a bit of a nervous fan.

I think we look quite good for top four, but desperately need Champions League. If that looks increasingly likely then I'd probably be able to relax and enjoy the excitement a bit more.

Until then, I'm generally a bag of nerves.
Same. Far too much to go wrong to be excited :nervous:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Yeah but wouldn't you rather play one game every three weeks and have the energy to genegenpress?
I can just see their next banner.

"Come back when you've gengenpress."

Morpheus 7

I'm digging the thread and positivity but hope this doesn't look premature come May. It's refreshing to have an optimistic thread. I'm still worried about fatigue and proper squad rotation fighting on so many fronts. I think a the league cup final win could give us that edge and momentum. It's great to have so much football to look forward to, when we're playing well. I just hope we don't run out of steam. Securing champions league football and the league cup would be fine for me. We have a good squad, I just hope hope the EL doesn't mess up our league form. Great result tonight, means we can rest a good few for the cup final.

Michael Edge

Can't be excited. Not when Zlatan doesn't score every chance given and when he creates an abundance of chances but the quality of them are poor so his team mates can't tap them in.
The man has scored 23 goals this season, jesus take a day off stop being so bloody miserable

RedMaestro

The man has scored 23 goals this season, jesus take a day off stop being so bloody miserable
I believe that post wasn't real (serious), so you shouldn't "address" him. At least that's what I think, but sarcasm and irony is hard to read...

Michael Edge

Loving the fact that were competing again and with a big summer ahead, Jose looking like he knows how he wants to play and knows what he wants in the summer, being involved in getting to cup finals, playing a decent brand of football and fighting for trophies, makes a nice change from the last 3 years.

We prob won't win all 3 but to be fighting at the back end of every competition is class, taken our chances we would be battling with Chelsea but at the start of the season if you had said to me "1 cup final, chance of get to the quarters of FA Cup, just about through to last 16 of the Europa and 3 points from 2nd in the league, would you take it"

Would have snapped your hand off, still not enough for some who just love a whinge

Reactions: Penna

Michael Edge

I believe that post wasn't real, so you shouldn't "address" him. At least that's what I think, but sarcasm and irony is hard to read...
Haha no idea buddy, just makes me laugh, we could win the league and the champions league and he will be moaning that its light outside haha

RedMaestro

Haha no idea buddy, just makes me laugh, we could win the league and the champions league and he will be moaning that its light outside haha
Yes, I agree with this. Some really aren't that realistic when it comes to appreciating his abilities, there's only so much he can do.

SirAF

Ageist
Definitely a lot to be excited about! We got a genuine shot at winning three trophies and - the most important objective this year - secure CL football for next season.

CG1010

The fact that we're still sixth puts a dampener to be honest. If we won 1 cup + 4th in league, I would be pleased. 2 cups and I would be delighted!

Matab8r

Well I beleive its a positive that we are in all competitions that we started at the start of the year and are a realistic chance of winning all ( acknowledging EPL being just mathematical)

Lentwood

Mourinho has already shown why he is so successful - he isn't thinking about the next game, like SAF he is thinking about the next 10 games.

By fielding his strongest side at home against St Ettienne he has now earned himself the luxury of being able to give senior players over a week off, if he feels they need it, since our squad should easily be strong enough to account for Blackburn on Sunday and defend a 3-0 lead next Wednesday

Fantastic management

notcool

Supports
a
We were in the FA Cup and the Europa League at this time last season. Of course we were out of EFL Cup but the difference there is 2 cups instead of 3.

If you are excited it's because we're playing good football, not because we are in 3 cups.

Eire Red United

We were in the FA Cup and the Europa League at this time last season. Of course we were out of EFL Cup but the difference there is 2 cups instead of 3.

If you are excited it's because we're playing good football, not because we are in 3 cups.
This season we look as though we could win these trophies.

Eire Red United

Yes but we still had 'multiple' cup finals to play for. The club did win the FA Cup last season too, you know.
Well if you aren't a whole pile more excited this season than you were last season then that's your opinion and fair enough, but I am as we are alot nicer to watch and we seem more likely to win any given game now. There is a greater conf

I feel recently like I've been watching a United team under Ferguson rather than what we've been used to in recent years.

First time I've been excited for a season run in in four years
Absolutely. Okay, we aren't fighting for the title and/or Champions League, which is the aim, but we have a great deal to play for, which is a big improvement on the past three years. You can sense the self-belief returning within the support.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Mickey Mouse treble incoming...
How many teams have won the League Cup, the FA Cup and one of the European trophies, in one season? Only one I know of is Liverpool in 2001.

jackofalltrades

Was it at the end of the Moyes season that our fans were dancing around celebrating the faxct that we'd miss out on EL football ?