England - Euro 2021 Discussion | FA chairman: Southgate to be offered new contract until Euro 2024

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Kramaric as CF is interesting selection. That front 3 will cause England issues, not just pace but some really good movement.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
Sterling is so poor. His touch and headless chicken attitude is just nowhere near the level required. Always looks better due to the players who surround him.

Grealish, Rashford and Sancho are far better options.

Shiva87

Such a weird line up from Southgate.

Tripper (RB) and Sterling (off the back of a poor season) starting ahead of Shaw, Rashford, Chillwell, Grealish on the left.

Foden playing on the right (arguably his weakest position among LW, AM and RW).

Makes no sense.

Also, United's strongest attacking approach involves Shaw and Rashford on the left. Why won't he use that for a tournament where you need more combinations.

Lelouch geass

No Mcguire Shaw, Rashy or Sancho. I hope England gets knocked out in first round and kick bucket with Duke. No United players = I am not supporting England.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
No Mcguire Shaw, Rashy or Sancho. I hope England gets knocked out in first round and kick bucket with Duke. No United players = I am not supporting England.
I’m struggling to care about England without the Utd players, especially when a couple could easily be in on merit.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Only as good as the manager. Honestly I had to ask myself if Kane is on the pitch 40 mins in. I feel that will never happen with a half decent manager.

cyberman

You can appreciate what Shaw and Rashford adds to the left side after watching that. They get Shaw in behind time and time again. Theres been nothing today

Ekeke

Hated when Italy did it and hate that England are doing it - a right footed left winger and a left rooted right back. So much space on the left for an overlap but nobody wants to use their left foot

Sting

What a shocking line up! I would love to know his reasoning behind playing Trippier at LB over Shaw and Chilwell or even why he left Sancho from the the 23 squad.

Lelouch geass

I’m struggling to care about England without the Utd players, especially when a couple could easily be in on merit.
How do they even hire this Southgate guy. Average player played for mediocre club. Mediocre manager with no proven attributes. He Had a mediocre World cup playing against sub par team to reach semis relying on Harry Kane for penalties past group stages. Where and when will he can ooze out quality of the 2nd modern golden generation of English football. Southgate out. I dont even support England.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
There's has to be 2 goalies on the bench. It's the rules.
There are no such rules.

This is the rule:

Each team has a maximum of 18 people allowed on the substitutes' bench: 12 players and six officials, including a team doctor. Both sides are also entitled to five further technical seats for those giving technical support.

lysglimt

Scout
I feel that if you take away the 11 players starting for England today - England could field a better side than they have today with Rashford, Shaw, AWB/Trent/James, Maguire, Sancho, Grealish, Greenwood, Pope, Jordan Henderson etc

Josh 76

What a shocking line up! I would love to know his reasoning behind playing Trippier at LB over Shaw and Chilwell or even why he left Sancho from the the 23 squad.
Maybe he wants to save his best players for the latter stages of the tournament. Something which other England managers have failed to do.
Qualifying for the the knock outs stages is easier than not qualifying.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
There are no such rules.
Yes there are.

https://editorial.uefa.com/resource...eaf8bc0-1000/20210510_circular_2021_33_en.pdf

"To mitigate the risks of teams facing a shortage of available players for certain matches due to possible positive COVID-19 test results and subsequent quarantine measures ordered by competent authorities, the player list of participating teams (“PNAs”) will be increased from 23 to 26 players. The list remains to be completed online by all teams by 1 June 2021, 23:59 CET. However, 23 players remains the maximum number permitted on the match sheet for each individual match (Art. 43.01 of the competition regulations in connection with Law 3 of the IFAB Laws of the Game permitting a maximum of 12 substitutes to be named for A-national team matches), including three goalkeepers."

Yagami

Good post resistant
Even before the goal I didn't get the desire to bench Sterling.

Alongside Kane he's been our best player for years.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Even before the goal I didn't get the desire to bench Sterling.

Alongside Kane he's been our best player for years.
Disagree he had an okay World Cup but it took him years and years of shocking displays in an England shirt. He’s been given more chances than anyone else bar Kane and has delivered the bare minimum.