g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

England - Euro 2021 Discussion | FA chairman: Southgate to be offered new contract until Euro 2024

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I reckon England will play shit again but somehow beat Czech.

They beat a good team in R16, getting everyone's hopes back up.

Then crash out in the Quarters.

jesperjaap

First off no guarantees we win the group if we dont play better Czechs can cause us problems....but I think we win the goup France beat Portugal and Germany beat Hungary....its the bloody Germans again!!! Euro 96 was my birthday semi, 25 years for revenge :)

One thing, the Billy Gilmour covid story. Dont want the two English guys to have to self isolate....but I hope they are left out tomorrow. I really rate Mount and think he has done well generally for England. BUT, I was thinking today, really he is a much better version of Lingard, a lot of what he does positively is based upon excellent movement into spaces. The way we are playing with our two holdign midfielders and centre backs, when we arent pressing and the play is slow...it makes him far less effective as we are so deep and he is on his own unless he joins the winger out left.Seen both game so far he has started well and as the teams tempo an dpressing has dropped off, so has he. I thought he actually looked very tired against Scotland actually.

But SOuthgate isnt going to drop him or do many changes....if Mount has to be left out for precautions....Southgate is forced to make changes. The way we have played both matches. I can imagine Grealish being more effective as he can drive tha bll out from the middle of the park running with it to move us forward. Or if Foden is moved there he can spin off the midfielders and also link the play and maybe keep a better flow.

Not only that, Foden or Grealish there also forces us to use a different wide player, Rashford or maybe even Sancho gets a chance

We hav eseen in tournaments before, forced changes making stars of players, just look at Robsons injury and PLatt stepping up in Italia 90. Im fearful Southgsgte isnt going to pick the right playres or utilise the bench off of his own back with too much loyatly to 2 or 4 players, Mount missing tomorrow enforces a different side in 2 to 3 positions, positively unless he does something ultra defensive

Irwin99

If England finish second they could very well meet Spain, right? That could be fun game.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
ENGLAND'S ROAD TO THE FINAL

Group Winner
Last 16 Round:
France/Germany/Portugal
Quarter-final: Spain/Sweden/Poland
Semi-final: Netherlands/Denmark/Wales

2nd Place
Last 16 Round:
Spain/Sweden/Poland
Quarter-final: France/Germany/Portugal
Semi-final: Belgium/Italy

Of course we wouldn't reach the final :lol: ;)

But i still think England's road to the final would be easier as group winner.......of course it will be tough against France/Germany/Portugal in the Last-16-Round but if you beat them (Maybe in a penalty shoot-out) then the road to the final would look not impossible.......Spain and the Netherlands are on the same level as England.

Much harder than to beat France/Germany/Portugal in a quarter-final and then Belgium/Italy in a semi-final.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Group Winner
Last 16 Round:
France/Germany/Portugal

2nd Place
Last 16 Round:
Spain/Sweden/Poland

But i still think England's road to the final would be easier as group winner.......of course it will be tough against France/Germany/Portugal in the Last-16-Round but if you beat them (Maybe in a penalty shoot-out) then the road to the final would look not impossible.......Spain and the Netherlands are on the same level as England.

Much harder than to beat France/Germany/Portugal in a quarter-final and then Belgium/Italy in a semi-final.
Been saying this for ages now, people are only looking at R16 when saying finishing 2nd is better, I'd rather take the tough game at Wembley and know if we win that we've got an easier run to the final, even though it is still unlikely.

Poltophagy

Been saying this for ages now, people are only looking at R16 when saying finishing 2nd is better, I'd rather take the tough game at Wembley and know if we win that we've got an easier run to the final, even though it is still unlikely.
Doesn't make any sense if you hope to win the thing.

Makes a lot of sense if getting to the quarters is the extent of your ambitions.

Schneiderman

Was thinking this earlier, and you're absolutely right. Somehow manage a win at home to one of the three and we'd be favourites to get to the final from there. Get the word to Southgate before he plays out another 0-0!

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Yep....i don't care if we go out in the las-16-round or quarter-final....that would make no difference in my opinion.

But to reach another semi-final would be positive.....and the semi-final opponent would be on our level.

croadyman

Yep....i don't care if we go out in the las-16-round or quarter-final....that would make no difference in my opinion.

But to reach another semi-final would be positive.....and the semi-final opponent would be on our level.
Yeah it's one round difference whichever the route so want to win the group looking at both paths

TheGame

Group Winner
Last 16 Round:
France/Germany/Portugal

2nd Place
Last 16 Round:
Spain/Sweden/Poland

Exactly this, sick and tired of people harping on about finishing second for an easier draw.

TheGame

England need to start making use of their pace on the flanks in this tournament which they haven't done so as of yet. Two out of Sterling, Sancho and Rashford on the flanks need to play alongside the creative players in the middle.

Matthew84!

England need to start making use of their pace on the flanks in this tournament which they haven't done so as of yet. Two out of Sterling, Sancho and Rashford on the flanks need to play alongside the creative players in the middle.
Rumours going around Henderson is set to start and Bellingham might start if Mount can't play, I think he's playing for a draw,

ForeverRed1

I’d love to see Southgate go all out attacking in this game as were through and I don’t think it matters who we play next.

Full muppet mode..

Sancho grealish Foden

Kane

:devil::devil::devil:

redshaw

Does look better to win the group and have a home game against France/Germany next round on the road to the final but if one wants to do better than R16 at the last euros a draw would possibly be better.

All look like tough games though the way we're playing and changing team selections. Maybe we need a easier R16 game just to get another game in and get a solid starting list going but while Spain don't seem to be playing that well they can easily keep the ball against us with Moreno getting a winner, looking more like Spain than Sweden Poland.

The finals might not even be at Wembley and could be in Budapest due to covid restrictions.

Come what may.

romufc

People talking about losing for a easier draw but really winning the group is the better draw.

Coming second might mean England face Spain or Sweden but the quarter final and semi finals are alot harder with France and Belgium in the same bracket.

Finishing top means having to play Germany but an easier route to the final.

Havak

Pokemon master
Expecting changes, so wouldn't mind something like this (given the rumours Maguire & Henderson are starting):

Pickford
James Stones Maguire Shaw
Henderson Rice
Sancho Grealish Rashford
Kane​

Get the likes of Bellingham, Calvert-Lewin, Saka etc subbed on if possible.

Rooney1987

So Mount/Chillwell have to isolate to 28th. So England will want to finish top so they both can play in QF, longer break. Also it’s at Wembley if the win the group not that it matters with this team.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Too much talk of where we finish and the potential fixtures. There are some fantastic sides in this competition so we are going to have to beat at least 2 really good teams to win it. The only mindset Southgate could possibly ever encourage is to win every game and we will face who we face. He gets little credit for the World Cup run because of the opposition so going deep in a tournament is not that relevant unless we take a big scalp or two along the way.

Siezard

Pretty sure Southgate will play Sancho and Grealish to get heat off himself.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
So Mount/Chillwell have to isolate to 28th. So England will want to finish top so they both can play in QF, longer break. Also it’s at Wembley if the win the group not that it matters with this team.
If England get to the Quarters, there's no way either one gets back in the side barring injury.