England - Euro 2021 Discussion

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I think fitness will be Englands undoing. Fully fit and fresh, they'd have as good a chance as anyone IMO. But as it is...aquire half fit, Henderson half fit, Rashford half fit, Grealish just back from injury, the others pretty much knackered after very long and strenuous seasons.. other countries just aren't as fecked physically IMO. It's unfortunate as with the latter stages being at Wembley and the quality in the squad means it's the best chance England have had in ages. I just think don't think they'll pull through.

MU655

No United players in his starting 11 other than Henderson. No Shaw..... the grudge continues.
To be fair, he did say 'with Maguire out', so he would likely choose him. Also, he chose Dean Henderson in goal.

Other than that, I actually agree with him. I also think familiarity is important with James, Mount, and Chillwell in the same team. Shaw would be the only United player in the team.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Just having a look at Englands history in the competition. Have they never won a knockout game passed the groups in 90mins ? Spain in 96 was on Pens. Staggering.

cyberman

Tha

No United players in his starting 11 other than Henderson. No Shaw..... the grudge continues.
Thats ridulous. Shaws biggest strength is his calmness under pressure. The wsmay he carries the ball up the pitch is a joy to watch. Its babble to exclude the best FB in Europe last season

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Good luck England from the DM readers.

alllivesmatter4eva, Nottingham, United Kingdom,
Nothing is coming home, the only thing coming back to this country is a thousand people on dinghy's
ZIPIT666, TONBRIDGE, UNITED KINGDOM,COME ON CROATIA...SMASH THE WOKES
Orlandoman111, Somewhere in the, United Kingdom,
What next, "George Floyd day" bank holiday
Pig farmer in dorset, Bridport, United Kingdom,
Come on croatia! Please beat knee dragging wokeland
Wimbledon88, london, United Kingdom,
Will be interesting to see the England players kneeling while the Scots players stand tall. Could be a psychological boost for the Scots.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...86F-hottest-weekend-year.html#article-9675799

Lay

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
italy had NEVER scored more than 2 goals EVER at the Euros before tonight.

means bigger all.
Plus, England also usually go out in the groups. I think it was only 1996 when they actually made it out the group. Before 1996 the only 4 or 8 teams participated in the tournament so it was pretty difficult to qualify, let alone get out the groups.

Since it’s been expanded, England have actually managed to get out the groups (when they qualify!) apart from Euro 2000.