England fans at it again

slored1

Yes clearly only in England, football hooliganism doesn't exist anywhere else in the world, especially not in Italy, Eastern Europe or South America. This is 100% an English gammon phenomenon.
Well, when did this ever happen in other host-involved finals? So far only the English people are acting like absolute twats.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes clearly only in England, football hooliganism doesn't exist anywhere else in the world, especially not in Italy, Eastern Europe or South America. This is 100% an English gammon phenomenon.
It does happen elsewhere, but my god we cannot hold our drink. I feel sorry for the ones who just want to have good memories. The others are the sort who cause chaos on the Costas.

Mike Smalling

Why is it only in England that people act like absolute twats during a major final? France and Portugal hosted it with their nations involved and it went well, yet these gammon blokes are absolute nutjobs.
You are not allowed to question that ffs! Don't you know that all nations have a minority of bad fans, and there is absolutely no difference in the size or behavior of that minority?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It’s a good job they didn’t try to peacefully protest anything otherwise the police would need to get involved.

littlepeasoup

After years of nationalistic populism, people think they can say and do repressible things as long as they're flying the banner of their country's colours. When a tolerance of of casual and not-so-casual racism permeates society, are we really surprised?

You want to moan at anyone, moan at the tories. Moan at fecking Boris. They will be the ruin of this nation.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
The worst thing is these are not 'a few idiots'. Hundreds or thousands of pigs, genuinely never seen anything like that.

HarryRedCrumbs

@Sweet Square

Watching that clip I can't see anyone wearing an England shirt. Could be anyone trying to storm the ground. London's full of people from all over the place. QueenNat up there on Twitter seems pretty sure of herself though... one good reason I stay off twitter.

I remember walking in to Camden to watch the Colombia game in the last world cup, and afterwards it was a riot. Traffic was stopped, car roofs were getting stoved in from people climbing all over them. London busses were having their doors forced open and people were getting terrorised inside. If we win tonight, it's going to go mental, and not in the best way. You can't deny we're a classless bunch.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Oh this is horrible. Why can't they b behave themselves? I just read that kids are looking scared and such. What is the wrong with them?
I hope the police comes in and gets it under control. Don't want any terrible incidents to spoil the occasion.

GMoore23

Well, when did this ever happen in other host-involved finals? So far only the English people are acting like absolute twats.
It has happened at quite a few previous International tournaments but it's always the English that cause it.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
I don't think this is purely an English thing, as the rugby and cricket fans don't cause trouble. But the football fans are a different breed and are the worst.

hobbers

You want to moan at anyone, moan at the tories. Moan at fecking Boris. They will be the ruin of this nation.
This loutishness has absolutely nothing to do with who's in government, it's been this way for decades. Come on.

arnie_ni

How are they trying to spin that?
Watching that clip I can't see anyone wearing an England shirt. Could be anyone trying to storm the ground. London's full of people from all over the place. QueenNat up there on Twitter seems pretty sure of herself though... one good reason I stay off twitter.

I remember walking in to Camden to watch the Colombia game in the last world cup, and afterwards it was a riot. Traffic was stopped, car roofs were getting stoved in from people climbing all over them. London busses were having their doors forced open and people were getting terrorised inside. If we win tonight, it's going to go mental, and not in the best way. You can't deny we're a classless bunch.

Anustart89

Imagine the guy who exposed his willy for the entire world to see if England loses tonight :lol:

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Why is it only in England that people act like absolute twats during a major final? France and Portugal hosted it with their nations involved and it went well, yet these gammon blokes are absolute nutjobs.
Today is pretty standard for a major tournament. Football fans are animals. It why so many have died at football events and not other sports.

https://www.thejournal.ie/fan-violence-euros-2872198-Jul2016/

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...g-france-match-against-portugal-a7129906.html

https://www.emirates247.com/sports/...d-cup-semifinal-thrashing-2014-07-09-1.555958

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
At least dodgy stewards haven't "conveniently" left gates open like for the Liverpool game.

Although it sounds like there's plenty of goons with tickets inside anyway.

Brophs

The One and Only
Hopefully we Irish get another €5m from FIFA for this.