England in India 2021

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
7 batsmen scoring under 10 and still posting 329. Rohit take a bow.

Good chance England struggle to match his score here, let alone get close to India's total.

NM

7 batsmen scoring under 10 and still posting 329. Rohit take a bow.

Good chance England struggle to match his score here, let alone get close to India's total.
Doubt that. Our batting is terrible. England are a better team from the looks of things

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
It's always weird how poor cricket is tactically as a sport at times . They had all evening to decide how they are going to play if Pant got left around with the tail and this is the plan they came up with ? Ishant & Siraj getting out playing shots and Rishabh taking a single off the first ball . So dumb

zing

Zingle balls
Doubt that. Our batting is terrible. England are a better team from the looks of things
Our batting isn’t terrible. It’s one of the better batting lineups in world cricket.

We’ve not gone through a patch where everyone is in form but there aren’t terrible batsmen in our lineup. Rahane is the weak link and even he probably averages close to 40. Every batsman in the top 6 is class for Asian conditions. And away, we are good enough to consistently put up 300 which wins matches.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Perfect morning for England so far. Stone is brilliant, we’re going to hear a lot more of him the next 12 months.
It seems as if India have more than enough runs to win this match comfortably, but we’ll soon find out just how difficult this pitch is playing.

zing

Zingle balls
Perfect morning for England so far. Stone is brilliant, we’re going to hear a lot more of him the next 12 months.
It seems as if India have more than enough runs to win this match comfortably, but we’ll soon find out just how difficult this pitch is playing.
I was expecting a pace merchant, but he looked good from the first over. Is he on debut? He looks much better than Wood.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Fair play to Ben Foakes, not a single bye or extra in that India innings

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Why did they go for that? Seems odd for a series that fans are in for. If you're doing team bubbles, would adding a few umpires into the mix be that hard?
I don't understand the logic specially considering India has only 1 ICC elite panel umpire . I don't even blame any umpire but it's just a terrible idea in modern professional sport

zing

Zingle balls
This is a rich bowling attack from India. To think that we are missing Shami, Jadeja, Umesh, and have Bumrah rested.

zing

Zingle balls
This isn’t the pitch. It’s just good bowling.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This isn’t the pitch. It’s just good bowling.

Haha you can't be serious . Where was the good bowling in the first test . Fact is that this is a pitch tailor-made for spinners . England just don't have good enough spinners to make use of this

zing

Zingle balls
Haha you can't be serious . Where was the good bowling in the first test . Fact is that this is a pitch tailor-made for spinners . England just don't have good enough spinners to make use of this
The pitch being spin friendly and the pitch being responsible for the wickets are two different things.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The pitch being spin friendly and the pitch being responsible for the wickets are two different things.
Not really , the pitch being a dustbowl allows the good Indian spinners to build sustained pressure which then leads to wickets. England have no way to score runs here and India can afford to have fielders all around the batsman because they know that England can't hit anything.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Doesn't take a genius to find out that this is a spin friendly wicket but none of the dismissals have been due to the pitch exploding or something. It's been due to the pressure of the pitch.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
BTW rohit's innings was really a masterclass. Not sure how he got 161 at a Sr of 75. Moeen might have got four wickets and but he was terrible on the first day IMO.

Fahad Jawaid

The pitch is ridiculous for the 1st session of 2nd day. Imagine playing at this match on day 4 or 5. Having said that, I don't think we will be able to see that as I foresee England being bowled out for 150 and India Winning it comfortably.

Lastly ICC should take note of such pitches, what's the fun of test cricket where all there is to a match is winning a toss.

Rams

It’s turning but it’s not yet spitting sideways. I think the inconsistent bounce is the main problem for batting. England didn’t bowl badly but India had the best of the conditions and have far better spinners. England have got to keep fighting. They’re playing the best test side in the World in their backyard, yet they’re also forcing India to get all hands on deck.

Rams

The pitch is ridiculous for the 1st session of 2nd day. Imagine playing at this match on day 4 or 5. Having said that, I don't think we will be able to see that as I foresee England being bowled out for 150 and India Winning it comfortably.

Lastly ICC should take note of such pitches, what's the fun of test cricket where all there is to a match is winning a toss.
I think you can’t blame India for preparing this pitch. They want to be in that World test final so that they can prove they’re the best. I guess you could argue the pitch is excessively in the advantage of the home side and it belittles the sporting achievement, but you never hear that argument when there’s a green pitch at Trent Bridge.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I'm assuming that was for Burns dismissal. Not sure what was the problem in it. It looked pretty out in real time.
Nah it definitely looked like it was going down leg , very unlikely you see that given for an Indian opener. This is not a dig at Indian umpires but there is a reason that ICC came up with neutral umpires in the first place

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think you can’t blame India for preparing this pitch. They want to be in that World test final so that they can prove they’re the best. I guess you could argue the pitch is excessively in the advantage of the home side and it belittles the sporting achievement, but you never hear that argument when there’s a green pitch at Trent Bridge.
Absolutely. India should prepare whatever pitch that gives them the best chance to win. Its upto England to play better

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I'm assuming that was for Burns dismissal. Not sure what was the problem in it. It looked pretty out in real time.
Burns looked out in real time. Sibley being out today to a decision that was not out yesterday was odd.

England are spent here, and they've not helped themselves. Too many changes to the side, simply not a strong enough bowling attack for these conditions. And India are on top of their game.

That said, losing the toss was always going to be telling and these conditions - especially with the crowd - are all playing into India's hands.

Rams

England will be aggrieved by the umpiring, but the reality is that it won’t make any difference to the result of this match.

Fahad Jawaid

Well the green top pitches never become unplayable do they and good batsmen with technique can play at those pitches and get runs. Whereas this pitch it has become a square turner, you are at the mercy of pitch with uneven bounce and spin.

gajender

Well the green top pitches never become unplayable do they and good batsmen with technique can play at those pitches and get runs. Whereas this pitch it has become a square turner, you are at the mercy of pitch with uneven bounce and spin.
And yet all the lowest innings totals ever in test cricket seem to have one thing in common news flash it's not the spinning tracks.

Rams

The conditions are still the same for both teams. Listen, I’m not a fan of this pitch. It’s a dreadful pitch. But it’s up to England to step up.

Fahad Jawaid

The conditions are still the same for both teams. Listen, I’m not a fan of this pitch. It’s a dreadful pitch. But it’s up to England to step up.
No its not. There is a huge difference in how pitch is behaving in the first innings of day 1 and day 2. This pitch is all about win the toss and make a big score on day 1 and you win the match. I don't want matches to be decided by the toss and not even give the other team a chance.

NM

Our batting isn’t terrible. It’s one of the better batting lineups in world cricket.

We’ve not gone through a patch where everyone is in form but there aren’t terrible batsmen in our lineup. Rahane is the weak link and even he probably averages close to 40. Every batsman in the top 6 is class for Asian conditions. And away, we are good enough to consistently put up 300 which wins matches.
Rohit isn't great outside Asia in tests. Rahane and Kohli out of form etc. We are very good but I'm scarred by years of collapses!

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If i was Kohli, i would enforce follow on and get this match wrapped up on day 2. I can see England being bowled out for under 100 in first innings and even lower in 2nd.
No way you risk batting last on this, unless england make >100, which looks more thank likely.