England in India 2021

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Foakes and Moheen are expertly good batters against spin, England have to keep fighting.
Moeen has no form, Foakes has no experience.

Edit - that Ashwin wicket of Stokes deserves a mention. Out on any pitch. Stunning.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Just woke up. Poor batting or good bowling?

mav_9me

this is what Warne is saying. Maybe he is biased against England.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú

Atherton said the same . I think batting first was definitely an advantage but England didn't bowl well enough , no way is this a 329 pitch

DOTA

If the rest fall quickly I assume no one is stupid enough to think India should enforce the follow on?

NM

That'll work wicket will spin, surely? I've heard Mohali would suit England more.
It will be flat.. Remaining two tests are there. Limited locations due to covid

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
You can quibble about the toss and the pitch all you like, the difference between the sides is an outstanding innings by Rohit Sharma.

DOTA

You can quibble about the toss and the pitch all you like, the difference between the sides is an outstanding innings by Rohit Sharma.
It's both. Same as the first test and Root's innings.

DOTA

Ashwin's a fun bowler to watch. He messes around with so many different variations.

JohnnyKills

Both tests are there. One is pink ball test. Seamers should do fine there. But looking at this first innings, spin friendly will be also an option. We do have such a variety of bowlers now.
Yeah the day-nighter looks like our best chance.

ArmchairCritic

It's both. Same as the first test and Root's innings.
I know. I just find pitch chat generally pretty boring, home teams always setup pitches in their favour, it's part of the challenge of touring.

DOTA

I know. I just find pitch chat generally pretty boring, home teams always setup pitches in their favour, it's part of the challenge of touring.
As I've said before, if India bat third and get skittled for even less than England, then it's fair to say this is a bad pitch.

Otherwise, sure. If one team can bat on it, then it's fine.

EDIT - Follow on avoided. When India bat third.

paulscholes18

England have avoided the follow-on. About as much as you can say about this batting performance, feel for Ben Foakes

JohnnyKills

He's right. Problem is that England's spinners aren't as good as India's so if it comes down to a shootout between the two, we'll lose.

ArmchairCritic

As I've said before, if India bat third and get skittled for even less than England, then it's fair to say this is a bad pitch.

Otherwise, sure. If one team can bat on it, then it's fine.

EDIT - Follow on avoided. When India bat third.
That's fair. There's always a great deal of hand wringing about Taunton here in the County Championship to be fair.

BR7

Games decided by the toss just aren’t as entertaining for me. We all have preferences but I prefer a closely fought 5 day test

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Remember the time when the Indian team management decided to drop Pant and pick Saha

Dan_F

He's right. Problem is that England's spinners aren't as good as India's so if it comes down to a shootout between the two, we'll lose.
Definitely. We’ve also got a huge issues with our top order. That top three screams early collapse on these kinds of pitches.

DOTA

Bit better than I thought it was gonna be when we were 5 down. Good stuff from Foakes. Sadly he doesn't have the game to hit out batting with the tail, so he could only tick along and hope they made contributions.

AshRK

First bowler to take 200 test wickets of a left handed batsmen. That is some feat. Also, surprising murali and warne and other 500 plus guys did not take achieve this.

BR7

I can see your point but in the 80s if a test match ended in three and a half days there used to be all sorts of questions asked of the pitch and was it test worthy. Now it’s the norm