England; Mason or Sancho

Bondi77

All opinions are obviously welcome but mainly for England fans I wondered if it came down to only one of the two which one they would opt for to be in the squad for the Euros.
I only really watch the Premier League and Utd in Europe and Chmps League games that I think will be good so I have seen more of Mason than Sancho so my assessment is based on that.
I think Mason has gone to another level recently and he looks confident and stronger all over the pitch and he is scoring again and I Reckon he could be the star of this tournament. Sancho is impressive and by all reports he is looking good again but I would still go with Mason.

Matriac

Depends if the spot is for a right winger or a striker. If right winger then Sancho all day.

But they will have room for both, and Mason can play a role on rw if Sancho needs rest, or he can play more centrally if Kane is having an off-day.

Mason will probably do a decent job in the next tournament, but far from ready to be the big man.

Swiss_Red89

I'm an England fan, always been my second international team after Switzerland. So I take the liberty of giving my opinion.

Sancho just has to be in the squad.
Greenwood should be in the squad for the likes of Calvert-Lewin or Watkins. But sadly, i reckon he won't.

I'm also suprised that TAA will not be included in the squad as it seems. Can't understand that one either.

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
You mean as a starter? They will both be in the squad 100%. Is that even a question for anyone?

Mount is more likely to start, I think, at least at the beginning of the tournament. Although they’re not necessarily in direct competition, either.

Edit: it’s been pointed out to me that the Mason in question is likely Mr.Greenwood, not Mr.Mount. Apologies.

I think Greenwood will be called up and have a role from the bench. He provides something that not many others have in the squad.

Last edited:

Riz

You mean as a starter? They will both be in the squad 100%. Is that even a question for anyone?

Mount is more likely to start, I think, at least at the beginning of the tournament. Although they’re not necessarily in direct competition, either.
Think the OP means Mason Greenwood but I was also confused at first.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Sancho should start at the right wing, Greenwood should be played as impact sub. Mount I have no idea, maybe should rotate abit.

pacifictheme

Thought you meant Mason Mount so quite clearly sancho for me.

Greenwood probably scrapes in but he is one of the last names in the forward line for me. Says how strong England's attacking options are.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
If for whatever reason it's a straight pick between the two, you'd go for Sancho, he's played England games and done well, been in good form for a longer period whilst the other ruined his first call-up and has been in form for fewer games. Sancho is one of the rare wingers that actually tries to make assists whilst we have scorers in the form of Rashford, Kane, Calvert-Lewin and Sterling already.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Sancho should be a starter but will probably end up on the bench behind Sterling or something. Greenwood would do well as an impact sub but 50/50 as to whether he'll get called up or not.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Sancho simply has to start. He's the best player we have for the right side. Greenwood needs to be involved but hasn't earned a starting position yet. If we are behind and need a goal I can't imagine a better player to bring on.

Zlatattack

Sancho to start, Greenwood to come on.

In my mind England's attacking options should be Kane, Sterling, Sancho, Greenwood, Foden, Rashford, Grealish, Mount, Maddison.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Neither give them both the summer off so they're fresh for the start of the PL season :keano:

If for whatever reason it's a straight pick between the two, you'd go for Sancho, he's played England games and done well, been in good form for a longer period whilst the other ruined his first call-up and has been in form for fewer games. Sancho is one of the rare wingers that actually tries to make assists whilst we have scorers in the form of Rashford, Kane, Calvert-Lewin and Sterling already.
agree with this. But given its a 26 man squad, there’s room for all.

sancho is clearly more experienced, and been in the squad a lot more. He would obviously go ahead of Greenwood. Hopefully Greenwood can get it - as an England fan, he would be a really good option from the bench if we need a goal. He’s not consistent enough across 90 mins to be starting - but importantly has shown he can impact games as a sub. You can’t say that of all attacking players.