England Tour of India

zing

Zingle balls
Slightly mind blown by how good Anderson has been this morning.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Slightly mind blown by how good Anderson has been this morning.
Seems to have a bit of zip back after a flat Ashes series.

This knock by the kid is probably going to win India the test match.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Just as I type that he goes. Great innings. Can India sneak past 400. Probably important psychologically for who will feel on top in this test match.

LDUred

Jimmy Anderson, 41 years young, with 3-47 on a featherbed pitch.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This pitch is starting to turn...

We need all of our runs in this first innings you feel.

zing

Zingle balls
Usually day 2 is a sedate day, but one team can get ahead here.

I like Mukesh Kumar in red ball cricket, and this is his debut at home.

LDUred

Anderson now 7 away from 700.

That spell of 2 wickets in 8 overs on this dust bowl was masterful.

Can Anderson keep going well into his 40s? You wouldn't bet against it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Anderson now 7 away from 700.

That spell of 2 wickets in 8 overs on this dust bowl was masterful.

Can Anderson keep going well into his 40s? You wouldn't bet against it.
His longevity is incredible. He looks fitter now than he did during the Ashes last summer too.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
A typically outrageous 50 from Crawley.

If you'd landed from Mars you'd think he was the greatest Cricketer that ever lived when he bats like this.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pope starting like he's never batted before in his life after hitting one of English Crickets greatest innings last week.

We are never boring these days.

zing

Zingle balls
It’s not turning a lot but I think the Indian spinners are getting into rhythm and extracting what can be. And Crawley is counter attacking very well. It’s good cricket

Bharat should’ve stumped Pope first ball.. big opportunity.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Shame to go like that after that knock. Can't blame him, he was striking it so well I'm amazed he fluffed it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I didn't have Joe Root looking like England's worst batsmen on this trip on my bingo card.

Widow

This is why Crawley was daft to go like he did, It's opened England up to lose quick wickets. When you're in India and playing well, you really need to make a big score.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
This is my issue with Crawley. Always seems to give himself a great platform to put in a big score but loses composure and seems to go HAM at every delivery. In the Ashes he was regularly getting into the 40s without getting a 50+. It’s the same here - he should have gone on to make a ton with that excellent start.

zing

Zingle balls
This is why Crawley was daft to go like he did, It's opened England up to lose quick wickets. When you're in India and playing well, you really need to make a big score.
Harsh - there was way higher chance of him smacking it for a six than nicking it. That is just how he plays

There was nothing about the match situation that called for him to play differnetly

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Harsh - there was way higher chance of him smacking it for a six than nicking it. That is just how he plays

There was nothing about the match situation that called for him to play differnetly
This x 1000.

Widow

I couldn't disagree more. I'm sure he'll be happy with his personal contribution when England are all out for 200

Oh look, another one bites the dust. Crawley was in good touch and needed to look after his wicket a little better.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Ball of the series there. Massive partnership for England now!

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
What's with this weird entry to the thread.

Is the argument Crawley's 76 (second highest score of the match so far) a poor knock?
Nope no one is making that argument here. It’s just he gave himself a great platform to turn a 76 into a big score and got out in a silly way when he should have played with a bit more sense.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nope no one is making that argument here. It’s just he gave himself a great platform to turn a 76 into a big score and got out in a silly way when he should have played with a bit more sense.
What is silly about trying to take on the spinner?

zing

Zingle balls
I couldn't disagree more. I'm sure he'll be happy with his personal contribution when England are all out for 200

Oh look, another one bites the dust. Crawley was in good touch and needed to look after his wicket a little better.
But that's how he got to 76 -- should he have packed the intent away from ball 1? What about when he hit Kuldeep over mid wicket right after Duckett went?

I am not a "Play as you do" guy.. eg when you need to bat out 2 days for a draw and Sehwag gets out reverse sweeping in NZ in the first ten, that is dumb

But it's a first innings and he is an opener whose job is to dictate the match situation. If this was day 5 and he was chasing 200 and the match situation is dictating him, then yes I think your point would be valid.. but it's day 2 innings 1..