England Tour of India

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It’s not the end of the world. We only need more than one decent spinner when playing in one country in the world. Much more important that we find the right way to replace Broad and Anderson.
This is the best bunch of young spinners we have arguably ever had :lol:

We just usually have the odd world class one.

I agree with you BTW.

sport2793

Yeah.

This was always going to be a development tour for us. Now we've got two good young spinners who we can move forward with.

Let's see what happens in four years' time with no Ashwin or Jadeja.
A bit of a delusional take, India will always have elite spinners, when was the last time they did not have one?

ManRed

Yep.

This has been a good series. 4-1 is a comfortable defeat but England competed far better than we have for about a decade.

People can make their own conclusions but the overwhelming reaction over here is that we put up a good show with some gloss taken off by an absolute spanking in the final test.
There was good spirit in the team but they lost due to quality against a team in transition and missing some match winners. They need to sort out a few things to get back on the top, the spinners are a huge plus from this tour and Crawley. Rest batting and fast bowling needs to be looked at by the board. Good luck to England, I really enjoyed this series.

Trequarista10

Disappointing end to the series but overall I think England can take a fair few positives from the series.

Duckett and Crawley did well, and our opening partnership has been a major concern for years. They're both young enough that they can build on it. Pope had one excellent innings. The young and inexperienced spinners lead the attack exceptionally well in the circumstances. Root recovered form at the end, and Stokes being able to bowl again is transformative.

The team only needs a few tweaks, that should naturally occur in the coming year or two, with a couple players being phased out. Players like Brook and Jacks to come in, or young keepers like Rew. A number of good young pace bowlers. The only doubt is whether the batting lineup needs one more batsmen who can dig in when its tough and patiently build an innings. A player like Bohannon for example.

zing

Zingle balls
I think McCullum's been thoughtful there, remains to be seen how successful he can be in refining it. You can't just blast your way to a better form of cricket. You see it in all forms of sport.. the best defense wins championships in football, the better bowling/more technical batters win in test cricket.

I expected England to come undone in the Ashes, and Australia went 2-0, and for some reason it ended at par which was surprising for me. In the long run, I still think it won't work.

I think it works for a few players like Crawley and Duckett, but I think the rest of the team has to be built in its own way. Nor do I think it's easy to find someone of the calibre of Crawley. Stick Jason Roy in that and he's averaging 20, probably.

England need to dissociate themselves of this stupid tag and build a proper test team

zing

Zingle balls

He does good reviews of matches.. he does a lot of vlogs..

You'll have to watch with subtitles