England Tour of India

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Jaiswal has been a revelation. But fair play to Bashir - he's got his man. The pair of them have had a good series.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It's been an entertaining series, and England's spinners have been a pleasant surprise. Reality is, England don't have the players to compete with India away. That said, they will likely end this tour a Pope wonder innings away from a series whitewash.

There are major issues for Stokes to address in the bowling department and middle-order. Ironically the top order now looks the most settled part of the England test setup.

Nickelodeon

England have been quite disappointing tbh. After the first test, I'd expected a close contest especially with so many of our big guns missing. Stokes in particular has been so poor.

IRN-BRUno

The batting just hasn't been good enough for England and disappointingly it's the experienced ones who've contributed the least. Crawley (45.22) has been consistent, Duckett (37.88) has played his part in getting the side off to solid starts but then;

Pope - 32.88
Root - 29.5
Bairstow - 22.11
Stokes - 21.88
Foakes - 21.88

The spinners have done as much as could be expected. It would be difficult enough for them if the batters were putting up good totals but without that they're facing an impossible task.

zing

Zingle balls
"We are a very unique side in how we go about things. I don't think we will study what India do too much."

"We don't get too down when we have bad days, we don't get too high when we have good days."

"You just have to stay level and recognise what you can do better. Hopefully we come back and improve," said Trescothick.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
This series showed so much promise after the first 2 Tests, a great advert for Test cricket. It's really turned to shit.
And yet you can make a solid argument for England winning the series going into this last game. There have been moments when England have been well on top and then a big swing in fortune has taken the game away from us.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Being a hundred odd for 1 or 2 down and then collapsing, you mean?
Well of course that is always going to be part of the problem. But you also need to consider times like the fourth test at the end of day 3. Letting India pile on a very quick 50 before the close without losing a wicket. Those 50 runs in the pocket might have made a chase that looked at one point being right in the balance be tipped England's way. While you could argue that if we had not batted like clowns India wouldn't have been batting late on day 4, but you could argue that bowling like clowns gave those cheap runs away.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Well of course that is always going to be part of the problem. But you also need to consider times like the fourth test at the end of day 3. Letting India pile on a very quick 50 before the close without losing a wicket. Those 50 runs in the pocket might have made a chase that looked at one point being right in the balance be tipped England's way. While you could argue that if we had not batted like clowns India wouldn't have been batting late on day 4, but you could argue that bowling like clowns gave those cheap runs away.
Yup

zing

Zingle balls
Shubman looks a different player this series since test 2. Accumulative, lot less attacking. May be a transformative series for him.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Unreal how England got out on 218 on this pitch.

gajender

Unreal how England got out on 218 on this pitch.
We just have to be honest here they aren't good for all the talk and hype about how they have improved factoring in probably the best pitches touring teams have gotten in past how many years and coming against relatively young Indian team they have still found new ways to Self Destruct.

Having said all this , it's a belter of wicket and England should actually apply themselves in second innings if they can bat time and force a chase then who knows .

On a Side Note commentators Like Nick Knight and co need to get out of Stokes backside a bit and get some fresh air .

Last edited:

KM

Rohit Sharma just played a maiden to Bashir on 99.
Gavaskar on commentary - real captain's knock, playing for the team and not milestone.

Not sure how both co relate.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Rohit Sharma just played a maiden to Bashir on 99.
Gavaskar on commentary - real captain's knock, playing for the team and not milestone.

Not sure how both co relate.
Yeah he should play more knocks such as Stokes in this series. How dare he play a maiden.

zing

Zingle balls
Sarfaraz played some great shots off Mark Wood - that ramp was unreal

Dan_F

India might as well declare now if they want a few days off. Still, a good chance to get those averages higher.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Wasn't there someone earlier in the thread saying this looks a tough wicket to bat on :lol:
That was me, and it looks to have flattened out a bit. But the reality is that England don’t have Ashwin, Jadeja and Kuldeep bowling

Skills

Snitch
India should be looking to get 100s from Jadeja, Jurel and Ashwin here

KM

Even though we are well ahead, we've thrown away wickets so far.

KM

Story of the series and it cost us in game 1.

Young team - they will learn.
Yup.

No complaints tbh. The youngsters have done well given how inexperienced they are.

NM

If these wickets mean the ball is going to spin for our guys, I'm all for them!