England Tour of India

Trequarista10

Well, that's that then. Root and Bairstow were both in need of a score but have missed out again.

Fully expecting a resilient knock from Stokes here to make the scorecard a bit respectable, but it's over.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Surely England have better players than Barstow? Can’t believe his purple patch fooled people into believing he’s test calibre. Averaging mid 30s after 100 tests is criminal.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Surely England have better players than Barstow? Can’t believe his purple patch fooled people into believing he’s test calibre. Averaging mid 30s after 100 tests is criminal.
Extremely harsh. Hit and miss player whose played some unbelievable match winning knocks over the years. Likely to be phased out in the next summer or so.

Mid 30s average in this era when you play most of your tests in England not tragic by any means.

Trequarista10

100% finger injury thing. Probably couldn't bat for long, anything else apart from that will be weird.
Probably. If it's the case I think he should have switched with Stokes in the order. If he gets in, he risks running out of partners, especially as Rehan was nighthawk.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Bhogle is such a moron praising Rohit. Should have brought Kuldeep much earlier. He's a much much better spinner than Axar.

zing

Zingle balls
Bhogle is such a moron praising Rohit. Should have brought Kuldeep much earlier. He's a much much better spinner than Axar.
Rohit's letting the game drift every innings. Not regularly, but should be doing better.

SmallCaine

Rohit's letting the game drift every innings. Not regularly, but should be doing better.
Sadly we have no replacements, Rohit doesn't deserve to be anywhere near test captaincy but thanks to his predecessor's corporate hire and fire style of team selections meant we have no one outside of bumrah who is established enough to take up the mantle atleast for next couple of years.

prateik

Yeah.. It's how they play, but if they hadnt thrown away a couple of silly wickets, this wouldve been very close.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
These two showing others how to do it. Too little to late now though surely. England needed much more from Stokes, Root and Bairstow in particular to have any chance.

zing

Zingle balls
Is this Bumrah's best ever match performance?

Unreal

KM

Given India's weak batting line-up(missing Rahul, Kohli and Jadeja) on this decent pitch, I think that first total from England was way way below par. Missed opportunity for them imo.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Good effort as usual but a fair result as India pretty much led this test match from day one.

Morally another win for Stokes and co though. So 2-0 up fresh off the 5-0 Ashes win.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Given India's weak batting line-up(missing Rahul, Kohli and Jadeja) on this decent pitch, I think that first total from England was way way below par. Missed opportunity for them imo.
I get that, but most didn't even expect us to compete on this tour. Look at the bowling line up! Delighted with it so far.

KM

I get that, but most didn't even expect us to compete on this tour. Look at the bowling line up! Delighted with it so far.
But surely the expectations would have risen after first test?

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Good effort as usual but a fair result as India pretty much led this test match from day one.

Morally another win for Stokes and co though. So 2-0 up fresh off the 5-0 Ashes win.
I think the best we can hope for is England being competitive and the matches being entertaining. Isn’t this England’s highest 2nd innings score in India?
Special mention to Bumrah who’s been outstanding. He’s starting to reach Malcom Marshall levels of fast bowling. What a bowler.

Fts 74

Good effort but slightly disappointing it wasnt closer considering most got a start, but the 1st innings cost them.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Hartley really reminds me of Broad before he got whacked in the face with the bat.

He could average 30 in test cricket.

KM

Only that we are going to compete. I think most still expect a competitive series defeat
Let's see. Hopefully Rahul Kohli and Jadeja are back for next match.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England have competed better than I thought. India have been well below their level but should be 2-0 up. Rohit is lucky to have an insanely strong attack because some of his captaincy is pretty awful

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Let's see. Hopefully Rahul Kohli and Jadeja are back for next match.
I'm likely to book flights to head to Dharamsala for the 5th test this week so if it could be 2-2 going into that one please...

Any of the India lads on here in Delhi? Will do a week there first from the 26th.

Dan_F

It has been in both tests. Scoring 400 in the second innings, two tests in a row is a big ask. Then again, India are batting against three inexperienced spinners and England against a quality bowling attack, so that undoubtedly helps India’s batting.

Balljy

One good score from someone as well as Crawley would have made this close. Pretty much everyone had a start but no-one got the 50 or so extra.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Jaiswal just about MOTM for me. Bumrah was brilliant - but his match turning spell was the first innings, he cleaned it up when it was already pretty dead second innings.

Either worthy anyway.

For England, Crawley was fantastic. Hartley was ok, Bashir showed he has something - and Jimmy is still an asset.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Crawley one was never out, don’t care what DRS shows but it just wasn’t out
:lol:

It looks so weird to the naked eye that one doesn't it. Not achance an umpire ever gives that on-field. Looks umpires call at best on line and impact.

KM

Stokes run out was so weird. He seemed half arsed about it. Would've made it comfortably if he wasn't strolling .

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Jaiswal just about MOTM for me. Bumrah was brilliant - but his match turning spell was the first innings, he cleaned it up when it was already pretty dead second innings.

Either worthy anyway.

For England, Crawley was fantastic. Hartley was ok, Bashir showed he has something - and Jimmy is still an asset.
I think the biggest credit for England is that we went in with 3 spinners with 3 tests in between them and managed to restrict India to decent scores. The first innings batting lost the match, they should have made 350

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Stokes run out was so weird. He seemed half arsed about it. Would've made it comfortably if he wasn't strolling .
Yeah proper brain fade that one, looked amatuer. We can give him a break every now and then though!

TheGame

Disappointed but those Jaiswal and Bumrah performances were top class. Like others have said, felt some England players gave their wickets away in the second innings. To get within 100 runs or so means a couple of decent scores and we could have made it. With the amount of reverse swing on the pitch, Wood for Bashir might have been a better option but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

KM

Not sure what the situation with Kohli/Rahul is but Iyer and Bharat can't play another match for India. Neither can Mukesh. Dravid and Rohit got away with murder here.
Depending on the pitch(if Kohli, Rahul, Jadeja aren't back) and assuming that it's gonna be a spinning pitch
Jaiswal Rohit Gill Sarfaraz Rinku Jurel(WK) Axar Washington Ashwin Bumrah Kuldeep

KM

Disappointed but those Jaiswal and Bumrah performances were top class. Like others have said, felt some England players gave their wickets away in the second innings. To get within 100 runs or so means a couple of decent scores and we could have made it. With the amount of reverse swing on the pitch, Wood for Bashir might have been a better option but hindsight is a wonderful thing.
It was the first innings that lost England the match. It was a 400 score pitch.