England Tour of India

The Purley King

Yeah, that's exactly why... Rule is only if it's a concussion sub.

Harsh though - a personal/family issue isn't the same as an injury. Would think there'd be dispensation for it.
The right thing to do would be for England to allow the sub to bat and bowl.
Note sure if that is possible though?
Not like someone would give their parent a heart attack or something just to get out of playing the next 3 days.
Cricket should always be a gentlemanly sport.

I guess we’d then get into what constitutes a legit emergency which could be awkward. Bit like a health insurance claim which would be distasteful

TheGame

The right thing to do would be for England to allow the sub to bat and bowl.
Note sure if that is possible though?
Not like someone would give their parent a heart attack or something just to get out of playing the next 3 days.
Cricket should always be a gentlemanly sport.

I guess we’d then get into what constitutes a legit emergency which could be awkward. Bit like a health insurance claim which would be distasteful
England cannot just allow that themselves. They do not enforce the rules, the umpires do as defined by the ICC. I’m sure they would agree to the sub but they don’t make the rules.

The Purley King

England cannot just allow that themselves. They do not enforce the rules, the umpires do as defined by the ICC. I’m sure they would agree to the sub but they don’t make the rules.
Yes I get that, just seems a little unfair.

Dan_F

We all know he’s bailed England out of some massive holes over the last 10 years, but that stat seems mental.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What a crazy series for pull outs.

That's Brook, Kohli and Ashwin all out for personal type reasons.

Increases England's chances in this test match a good 20%.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
What a crazy series for pull outs.

That's Brook, Kohli and Ashwin all out for personal type reasons.

Increases England's chances in this test match a good 20%.
It does, still reckon they need a lead close to 100.

iKnowNothing

This pitch looks flat so far and India just doesn’t have the bowling to take another 19 wickets this match. England’s best chance to win a test series in India.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
This pitch looks flat so far and India just doesn’t have the bowling to take another 19 wickets this match. England’s best chance to win a test series in India.
Yes Bumrah, Siraj, Jadeja and Kuldeep - how will that take wickets in home conditions!

RedBanker

I love you Ole
Reckon England will get around 600 on the board day end today. India will get around 300-325 in the third innings.

zing

Zingle balls
I am a big fan of Joe Root and think he's the 2nd best test batter of this generation behind Smith, and he's doing some really dumb shit this series

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I am a big fan of Joe Root and think he's the 2nd best test batter of this generation behind Smith, and he's doing some really dumb shit this series
The second innings knock in the last test match was weird (injury related I hope...).

Otherwise he is just out of nick. No issue with that today really.

diarm

Scandalous of Bairstow to throw away the review there. You could see Duckett was telling him not to.

zing

Zingle balls
Yes Bumrah, Siraj, Jadeja and Kuldeep - how will that take wickets in home conditions!
Yea, agree - if those 4 were named as hte only 4 bowlers at the start of the game, you'd still think it's a very good bowling attack.

Obviously Ashwin is a big blow, but it's still a full attack at our disposal

zing

Zingle balls
A single wicket here breaks this game wide open for India

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He just needs to bat how he wants to instead of playing the bazball shots. He was already a good accumulator and he needs to go back to that style.
You might have a wider general point. But he has played that shot for a few years now including in great runs of form when noone moaned so we can't have it both ways.

His head is defo a bit scrambled at the moment though as all batsmen are when out of nick. Playing it off Bumrah was a poor call.

massey

Scandalous of Bairstow to throw away the review there. You could see Duckett was telling him not to.
Waste of a selection is bairstow imo can see why he's there for cover but if your going with a first 11 and picking foakes surely there is better batsman to choose from than the lbw merchant.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm much more annoyed with the Bairstow review what on earth was that :lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Waste of a selection is bairstow imo can see why he's there for cover but if your going with a first 11 and picking foakes surely there is better batsman to choose from than the lbw merchant.
It will be Brook when available.

TheGame

You might have a wider general point. But he has played that shot for a few years now including in great runs of form when noone moaned so we can't have it both ways.

His head is defo a bit scrambled at the moment though as all batsmen are when out of nick. Playing it off Bumrah was a poor call.
Yeah I suppose I see your point. I just thought he would have looked at Ducketts innings as an example of when to play the shots and when not to. His bowing is doing more talking than his batting at the moment. Let’s hope he gets back to form soon.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Kuldeep has been excellent this morning. Could have had two or three.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
90/3 means it's not a total disaster of a session but we are a few quick ones after lunch from looking in huge bother.

A lot rests on Stokes...again.

prateik

Apparently that's the 9th time Root has lost his wicket playing that shot in the last 13 games..
really? if true, why does he keep playing it?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Apparently that's the 9th time Root has lost his wicket playing that shot in the last 13 games..
really? if true, why does he keep playing it?
Sorry mate but how on earth can you believe that :lol:

prateik

Sorry mate but how on earth can you believe that :lol:
Sanjay Manjrekar said it in the commentary. not something I read on twitter.
Sanju Manju is not someone I would trust, but I assumed its something the stat guy told him.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Sanjay Manjrekar said it in the commentary. not something I read on twitter.
Sanju Manju is not someone I would trust, but I assumed its something the stat guy told him.
He lost got out like that in a test match v New Zealand last winter I think.