England Tour of India

SmallCaine

I agree he pushed the field back too early but don't underestimate how tough it must be to set fields v England. Cummins also struggled all summer.
It's not just pushing them back it's setting nonsensical positions, I have yet to understanding what sarfaraz is supposed to do standing 5 yards behind normal shortleg, he can't stop the singles as easily as he would if you put him a bit further back and he can't take any close catches since he is too far back.

Darkhorsez

That’s a big wicket especially as it brings in Bairstow in - another one always a chance with him sadly. Hope I am proved wrong. Was thinking get to 150 and feel they would be on top but alas.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I've never seen a series with so many weird looking LBWs :lol:

Going to be some top quotes again I reckon. Love it.

zing

Zingle balls
I think going around the wicket to fast scorers like Zak Crawley is a good idea. And Ashwin's bowling very well with the one that goes straight on being mixed in.

Brought the Joe Root wicket

zing

Zingle balls
I've never seen a series with so many weird looking LBWs :lol:

Going to be some top quotes again I reckon. Love it.
apparently for "pitching" the rules have been updated to 1/3rd of the ball as opposed to 50%

as per reddit.. cant find a source for it online

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
apparently for "pitching" the rules have been updated to 1/3rd of the ball as opposed to 50%

That seems a strange rule change? Noone was moaning about it previously.

Darkhorsez

Oh that explains it then. Weird how Root was still questioning it in the stands. Others too. They are pros so shows something has changed. Wonder why this decision was made though?

zing

Zingle balls
honestly it's flat and India are bowling very well. England should do the decent thing and give another wicket here

They're rattling along

zing

Zingle balls
Crawley must have a poor conversion rate. He’s gone from a flashy 20s player to a very good 50s one..

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The pitch has started ripping with turn at the same time in the afternoon as yesterday. Weird.

From England's perspective it needs to stay that way.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Crawley must have a poor conversion rate. He’s gone from a flashy 20s player to a very good 50s one..
He's making a claim to be the best player ever to average 30 in test cricket.

zing

Zingle balls
Ben Stokes should do the decent thing and walk off here, stick to his principles

SmallCaine

Ofcourse it goes England's way, for Tucker benefit of doubt must always go to England.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I was surprised that one wasn't given on the field!

Couldn't believe India nearly didn't review it.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
LBW has been on the wind up all series for both teams. It's a great added drama to the tension.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It now looks like a deck that 150 would be tough to get on.

Expect it to be a road again tomorrow morning.

SmallCaine

Please clean up the tail now. Kuldeep bowling only 10 overs in the first innings has to be one of the stupidest captaincy decisions in cricket history.

Trequarista10

I feel like England have a decent chance if the lead is 250. 300 would be great. One more big partnership needed.

Edit: Stokes gone. 166-5 essentially. Not confident.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
I feel like England have a decent chance if the lead is 250. 300 would be great. One more big partnership needed.
Can't see England getting to that score right now. Not sure they have the bowling experience to defend under 275 with so much of the game to go.