England Tour of India

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
What a test match. Anyone's game from here. Bairstow very dangerous with the tail if he sticks around.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
For a cricket obsessed country and such an absorbing test series why is the stadium three quarters empty?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Nothing he could do there, ball stayed low.
What? That was shit batting. He tries to play a full delivery off his back foot. Look how Foakes comes in and plays the exact same deliveries on his front foot.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
It’s going to be a great day 4
For India :lol:

England have effectively replayed the first session of the match out again. India have bowled well but they shouldn't be in this position.

I think they've probably given themselves too much to do. Well played India but England will be kicking themselves.

zing

Zingle balls
For a cricket obsessed country and such an absorbing test series why is the stadium half empty?
Match goers are usually a younger demographic that prefer limited overs. Ranchi is a smaller city and would sell out odi and t20.

only the big test centres - about 5 - would sell out test cricket

SmallCaine

For a cricket obsessed country and such an absorbing test series why is the stadium three quarters empty?
Test cricket will get you full crowds only in the big cities, but since they got the wc games, bcci has given these games to the smaller venues where you will get full crowds for odis or t20 not for tests.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Match goers are usually a younger demographic that prefer limited overs. Ranchi is a smaller city and would sell out odi and t20.

only the big test centres - about 5 - would sell out test cricket
Test cricket will get you full crowds only in the big cities, but since they got the wc games, bcci has given these games to the smaller venues where you will get full crowds for odis or t20 not for tests.
Ok thank you, that explains it.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
6, 11, 15, 4

Stokes' second innings scores have been uncharacteristically poor this series. And that's being kind.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England have thrown away a massive chance here, this test match was there for the taking. The lead should have been 100+ and then even 150 would have put them in a very strong position

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
For India :lol:

England have effectively replayed the first session of the match out again. India have bowled well but they shouldn't be in this position.

I think they've probably given themselves too much to do. Well played India but England will be kicking themselves.
Why are people so keen to declare the game over? It's cricket - it's often like this!

Will swing a few more times yet.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
England have thrown away a massive chance here, this test match was there for the taking. The lead should have been 100+ and then even 150 would have put them in a very strong position
How have we thrown it away? We haven't really done anything wrong. It's a great match.

JohnnyKills

Did we drop any chances or bowl poorly? If so, hard to say we've thrown it away isn't it.

All three innings have followed a similar narrative really.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Why are people so keen to declare the game over? It's cricket - it's often like this!

Will swing a few more times yet.
I'm not saying it's over, I just think India are now massive favourites going into tea.

England started the session in the ascendancy and the game has turned massively.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'm not saying it's over, I just think India are now massive favourites going into tea.

England started the session in the ascendancy and the game has turned massively.
Fair enough. I still think it's close. Jonny could be a big problem for India if he sticks around.

Dan_F

What just happened. I thought it was a replay :lol: England have fecked it here. All the talk of the pitch and England are struggling to even get India batting on day four.

Fts 74

What a strange pitch, if England can somehow get anotther 50/60 it will be interesting.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Off out for work drinks now and going to miss the rest. Gutted (and slightly relieved).

zing

Zingle balls
Just great bowling. Another thing is defensive fields have helped.. England thrive on boundaries.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Just great bowling. Another thing is defensive fields have helped.. England thrive on boundaries.
Yeah if India win will be posts about England throwing it away when in reality its likely just the better team pulling through. It's why you're so hard to beat at home.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Probably not enough, but Ashwin/Jadeja/Axar/Yadav + Bumrah is a heck of a tough nut to crack. No shame in it.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Yeah if India win will be posts about England throwing it away when in reality its likely just the better team pulling through. It's why you're so hard to beat at home.
Bumrah in the 2nd test, Yadav here.

Trequarista10

England's bowlers will have to pull off their best performance of the last few years to win here. Can't even think of a time we've defended a lead of sub 200 in the 4th innings. Always seems like we only win chasing.