England Tour of India

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Easy to criticise the Foakes knock. There was some logic to it, didn't quite come off though. Runs more vital than time here.

JohnnyKills

Since Ashwin was out this time yesterday, it couldn't really have gone any worse for England could it.

prateik

5 for Ashwin..
192 to get.. just get through the day without losing too many wickets.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Didn't think that was a very smart innings from Foakes to be honest. He was always going to get a delivery with his name on it, so maybe it would have been bitter to try swiping a few boundaries while he was in.
Agreed, it’s not his game but he could have been busier.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Well, that was pretty abysmal from England.

Need to get Jaiswal and another tonight to have any chance, slim as it would be.

SmallCaine

Agreed, it’s not his game but he could have been busier.
I feel his problem unlike with a jurel or stokes was he isn't a big hitter and can't clear the boundary on demand if he gets the ball in his arc which makes being busy or scoring a lot harder.

SB16

England have this , I reckon. A 225+ lead would have been more definitive, but I think this is enough.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Easy to criticise the Foakes knock. There was some logic to it, didn't quite come off though. Runs more vital than time here.
Come on man, I can see logic to playing time but you have to try & score some runs at least. It was always going to end the way it did

ArmchairCritic

I feel his problem unlike with a jurel or stokes was he isn't a big hitter and can't clear the boundary on demand if he gets the ball in his arc which makes being busy or scoring a lot harder.
Plenty of 2s available…

Darkhorsez

Whatever happens from here on … Bairstow should be dropped. Also I know he got a good 50 but Robinson‘s not what was needed for this match. I also don’t like the guy much.

Dan_F

I don’t think anyone was expecting him to go out swinging, but he should have been able to manipulate the ball into the gaps for two occasionally.

JohnnyKills

The fact that we're opening the bowling with Joe Root shows how well we've done to keep it this close.

ArmchairCritic

Not easy as it seems on a turning track with bowlers who are ripping it. Only time 2 was available was when he hit straight down the ground a couple of times.
6-8 runs + the few singles he turned down off Bashir, psychologically getting a 200 run lead would have been big.

ArmchairCritic

Surely Jimmy and Bashir are your go to late on here? See if there’s anything there for the pacer with the cracks and your best bowler in the first dig?

Darkhorsez

The commentator summed it up nicely - Indian just have better spinners. We needed at least 50 more runs to have a sniff.

Dan_F

Rough start this. Length and line all over the place. So full that it’s easy to get to the pitch of the ball.

prateik

29 knocked off.. all easy too.. free runs.. no pressure..
poor from England