English cricket thread

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I would be enjoying it even if it was my team getting rattled like this - brilliant bowling
I am a bit. I usually stop watching for a bit when we're getting knocked over but this is a good watch.

zing

Zingle balls
I can't get over that Abbas to Stokes delivery - that's one of the best deliveries I've seen

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
So much to admire about this Pakistan side. Great to watch.
That all have so much natural talent. But then they always have had.

Probably have the worst facilities in world cricket right now too.

YAMS49

That all have so much natural talent. But then they always have had.

Probably have the worst facilities in world cricket right now too.
Definitely, which makes them all the more impressive. Such a refreshing team to watch. Love their energy.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Abbas masterclass in seam bowling so far.

Their has been too much focus on pace bowling in recent years but Abbas proving that the ability to consistently hit line and length in English conditions is invaluable.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Definitely, which makes them all the more impressive. Such a refreshing team to watch. Love their energy.
This is definitely Pakistan at their best. Hope they keep it up. They have a plan and they're giving it a red hot go.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

Their has been too much focus on pace bowling in recent years but Abbas proving that the ability to consistently hit line and length in English conditions is invaluable.
He’s been doing it for a few years but doesn’t get the same praise as other bowlers since he’s not express pace. The consistency is fantastic.

zing

Zingle balls
He’s been doing it for a few years but doesn’t get the same praise as other bowlers since he’s not express pace. The consistency is fantastic.
I think it's just because he doesn't play many tests

This is a golden age of fast bowling - the last 5 years have been fantastic

ArmchairCritic

I always wanted to bowl fast because of Shoaib Akhtar in the '99 World Cup and then I saw Ambrose/Walsh in 2000 followed by Glenn McGrath in 2001 and decided it was a waste of time.

DOTA

This is the first time I've properly missed having fans in.

You don't expect to get many West Indies supporters in these days but Pakistan bowling like this at Old Trafford would be a great atmosphere.

Mcking

Good thing England have Woakes and Buttler coming in at 7 and 6 to rescue the situation. Root and Pope will need to put in a century partnership here.

ArmchairCritic

This is the first time I've properly missed having fans in.

You don't expect to get many West Indies supporters in these days but Pakistan bowling like this at Old Trafford would be a great atmosphere.
On the flip side it's been fascinating to hear how vocal the Pakistani group are, big difference to the West Indies.

ArmchairCritic

Watching Root bat with Pope always serves as a reminder of how Root used to bat :(

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Abbas has strike rate of a wicket every 50 balls at an average for 21 runs.
He is going to be a real threat all summer for England

paulscholes18

Good thing England have Woakes and Buttler coming in at 7 and 6 to rescue the situation. Root and Pope will need to put in a century partnership here.
Woakes :lol: , who’s average under 14 with the bat since 2019

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Reminds me a little of Gough with that action.

DOTA

I don't his body's chances of doing that for long but he doesn't look fun to face!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
My school played cricket at a very high level (produced Nasser Hussain) and I was able to play in 1st XI when I was in upper sixth form aged 17/18.

but I dont ever remember a 17 year old kid bowling at 88mph every ball anywhere on the school boy circuit! It’s unheard of!!

Already so fast and strong at this age. What on earth will he be like after he fill outs?!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Afridi has played in the IPL, few and far between but never say never
Agreed Ipl is fun and all but test cricket is different level all together.
I mean in front of a full house, under the evening lights, with Bollywood tunes pumping, cheerleaders jumping and Indian fans screaming adulation. it would be quite the spectacle!

zing

Zingle balls
Yasir Shah is bowling some pies till now. Looks like he's eaten a few as well

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
fecking hell, this is shit batting even by England's standards. Tbf, mainly I blame the 2 openers, absolute dogshit. Hopefully Butler can do something here.