English cricket thread

zing

Zingle balls
what's considered a competitive first innings score at Edgbaston?

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Pattern of the English summer so far.

Early wickets then middle order runs with the ball soft.

zing

Zingle balls
amazing -- in 30 matches he holds probably the 3-4 of the 10 best innings innings played by Indians in test cricket

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
amazing -- in 30 matches he holds probably the 3-4 of the 10 best innings innings played by Indians in test cricket
This is that good you reckon?

I think I've lost context due to the last 3 chases England have made with Bairstow and co

zing

Zingle balls
This is that good you reckon?

I think I've lost context due to the last 3 chases England have made with Bairstow and co
The innings has been very typical Pant - team in trouble with few runs on the board, attacks(but with a great game plan -- he picks the deliveries to attack very well in test cricket), and makes us competitive. The added context is that for Indians to play well away(in South Africa, England, NZ, Australia) is very rare in context of the last 30 years of cricket and those knocks are rated very highly by us. The same is true in reverse I think -- Kevin Pietersen in Mumbai, Smith in Pune are knocks that just stick out. How the rest of the game goes, and the result will decide where this sits.

zing

Zingle balls
England gifting us runs down to fine leg -- must be 25 in the last hour and a bit.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The innings has been very typical Pant - team in trouble with few runs on the board, attacks(but with a great game plan -- he picks the deliveries to attack very well in test cricket), and makes us competitive. The added context is that for Indians to play well away(in South Africa, England, NZ, Australia) is very rare in context of the last 30 years of cricket and those knocks are rated very highly by us. The same is true in reverse I think -- Kevin Pietersen in Mumbai, Smith in Pune are knocks that just stick out. How the rest of the game goes, and the result will decide where this sits.
Yeah that makes sense.

I think India are reminding everyone how bang average this England bowling attack is.

Relying on two fantastic bowlers at the end of their careers to hold it together.

Leach is dreadful.

AshRK

Leach is such an ordinary bowler. Surely egnland would have some better spinner than him. Even root will bowl better than him.

zing

Zingle balls
That is a huge over in context of where the match is especially..

zing

Zingle balls
I do think we might regret not picking Ashwin for Thakur.

prateik

Looks like a pretty flat pitch once the ball stops moving around.
India have 16 more overs to get as much as possible before the 2nd new ball

zing

Zingle balls
Jadeja's been brilliant. Not sure why he's persisting with spin. It didn't look like it was working about 10 overs ago.

Trequarista10

Last couple hours has been an amazing watch. Two huge wickets brings the game back when it looked like Pant could have pushed India onto a ridiculous score. England will be looking at restricting India to circa 350 now surely.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Yeah that makes sense.

I think India are reminding everyone how bang average this England bowling attack is.

Relying on two fantastic bowlers at the end of their careers to hold it together.

Leach is dreadful.
Leach is such an ordinary bowler. Surely egnland would have some better spinner than him. Even root will bowl better than him.
The same Leach who got 10 wickets in his last match?

MDFC Manager

Pant is a sensational cricketer when it comes to test cricket. Gives me Sehwag vibes, how he changes the course of an innings in a session.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Decent score however the pitch is flat and bazball is scary.