English cricket thread

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Stokes gets Head with the help of Bairstow.

NinjaFletch

They checked it so must have been happy, but that looked to be a back foot no ball to me?

KM

That's pathetic by third umpire, that looked like a clear back foot no ball for Head. I'm not sure how he missed that.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
That's pathetic by third umpire, that looked like a clear back foot no ball for Head. I'm not sure how he missed that.
Nah, first point of contact on the back foot is within the lines. Legal delivery.

NinjaFletch

Nah I think it's just about all right on further analysis, but very tight.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Looks the right call. I'm amazed the third umpire didn't want more of a look though.

KM

They have just showed it again and the first point of contact was inside the line so the third umpire was right.
Nah I think it's just about all right on further analysis, but very tight.
Nah, first point of contact on the back foot is within the lines. Legal delivery.
Yeah, it just showed up on my stream but the third umpire didn't even stop for that and just made it okay first time round.

Djemba-Djemba

Moeen has been terrible with the ball this match and his batting is embarrassing now.

I'd consider dropping him.

Maybe rain will save us?

Hephaestus

Moeen has been terrible with the ball this match and his batting is embarrassing now.

I'd consider dropping him.

Maybe rain will save us?
Yeah, unless he performs much better in this next session and rips through them then I reckon he'll drop out. Anderson and Ali for Archer and Leach would be my changes.

Djemba-Djemba

Yeah, unless he performs much better in this next session and rips through them then I reckon he'll drop out. Anderson and Ali for Archer and Leach would be my changes.
I think Bairstow has to go too.

His batting has fallen to pieces. We've got a ready made replacement in Foakes who will struggle to score less with the bat and he's a much better keeper.

Hephaestus

I think Bairstow has to go too.

His batting has fallen to pieces. We've got a ready made replacement in Foakes who will struggle to score less with the bat and he's a much better keeper.
Wouldn't be a bad idea just for the improvement in keeping. Don't think it will happen just yet, reckon he'll get one more chance.

KM

Absolutely freak. Genius.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Smith has come a long way from being brought into the side as a spinner and in the 10/11 ashes series to "Brighten the mood" to being a god with the bat.

JohnnyKills

Who are the English fast bowlers on the fringes of the squad?

Archer comes into the 11, and I am wondering who the backup will be with Mark Wood injured. Olly Stone must be one, I suppose?
Yep, Archer is certain to come in isn't he. You might see Stone in as well by the end of the series.