English cricket thread

croadyman

How biased is this Mark Richardson commentator,at least with Fleming and McMillan they are a bit more objective

paulscholes18

Annoying that Crawley got out there, he looked good. And that opening partnership looks really promising.

Don't want to be captain hindsight but we should be looking beyond Broad now. Need a bit of extra pace to balance the attack.
Think Broad saw this post and made him angry, he’s having one of his spells :lol:

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
How biased is this Mark Richardson commentator,at least with Fleming and McMillan they are a bit more objective
All of them are bad honestly. Yesterday when NZ had got a partnership to get close to England and were back in the match McMillan was so giggly & excited taking digs. Went very quiet today

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This pitch is still very good, as soon as the ball is 20 overs old and in the afternoon it plays really nice

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Well I look a right tit don't I.

No apology though.
To be honest your overall point about England probably needing a bit of pace particularly with a pink ball test is correct. The pink ball flattens out as we saw in the first NZ innings and becomes useless for our fast bowlers

JohnnyKills

To be honest your overall point about England probably needing a bit of pace particularly with a pink ball test is correct. The pink ball flattens out as we saw in the first NZ innings and becomes useless for our fast bowlers
Yeah tbf we picked a team to bowl in the dark and we timed it perfectly with our batting, so we got to bowl in the dark twice.

Would love to see them give Stone a go in the next test though. Give Robinson a rest maybe.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
It feels like Broad’s entire England career has been a never ending cycle of everyone going ‘you know he’s kind of a weak link in this attack’ and then him going on a mad one.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I think it's mainly because he doesn't have any obvious strength. Not quick, doesn't swing it much, doesn't get the snappy bounce that McGrath got...

But if conditions are in his favour he's a handful, clearly!
Also it’s in his psychological make up isn’t it? He’s able to produce a little bit extra when he feels slighted.

JohnnyKills

Great win!

We've struggled in New Zealand for years and years so that's a brilliant victory.
Four out of four away from home is great too, although both NZ and Pakistan look to be at a really low ebb.

Just a shame the WTC cycle started in June '21 rather than June' 22!

LDUred

Are there still people out there who doubt Anderson's brilliance? Surely there can't be many now.

Utterly ridiculous achievement to top the bowling rankings at 40.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Can't see him opening, maybe someone else will or he will replace Foakes. Going to be interesting but good to see competition for places.
I'd push Root up to open but can't see Stokes going for it.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I don’t know about you guys, but I think Harry Brook is going to be the absolute superstar of the game. The pitch has been unplayable and England will be delighted to be only 3 wickets down at lunch. Brook is just jaw dropping. Incredible. I don’t know what to say! Great night of sport.

Darkhorsez

I don’t know about you guys, but I think Harry Brook is going to be the absolute superstar of the game. The pitch has been unplayable and England will be delighted to be only 3 wickets down at lunch. Brook is just jaw dropping. Incredible. I don’t know what to say! Great night of sport.
He feels zero pressure - should open the batting imo