English cricket thread

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
England need one good partnership, Australia need one wicket. When the game is at it’s best.

LDUred

Apparently Australia have had 40% more swing since they got the ball replaced.

Cloud7

Can’t see anything but an England win from here. Good result to keep the series interesting

Trequarista10

I'm pretty confident of England winning this. Stokes, Bairstow and Woakes still to come. Wood, Robinson and Broad no mugs either but I don't think they will be needed.

croadyman

I don't think there will be any relaxing moments in this series tbh.
Nothing would please me more than to eat my words and us to somehow force a decider at The Oval. Trouble is we are due to lose a toss in the next couple of tests.

Abraxas

Really strange captaincy from both sides this test. Not bringing on your spinner earlier with such a small target is weird.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Nothing would please me more than to eat my words and us to somehow force a decider at The Oval. Trouble is we are due to lose a toss in the next couple of tests.
England going well and might win a test match - to much optimism so you drop in we might lose a fecking coin toss. Superb stuff.

Abraxas

Our batting is so bad. Beggars belief. They can be going along with no drama and a wicket is still just around the corner. They're never set.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
The series is predictable in that whenever one team looks comfortable....

Abraxas

This next 10-15 overs decides the game. If these two play sensibly, take the runs that are on offer we win the game. I think if one goes, especially Stokes, we could be doomed.

Abraxas

I'm absolutely amazed they're treating Todd Murphy like an amateur. An over before lunch. Really not backing your spinner in the final innings is it. Looks a better bowler than that for me.