English cricket thread

freeurmind

weak willed
Think he's done enough to earn his team the victory. Movement in the air and off the pitch and rough outside the left handers off stump for Lyon, don't see Egnland getting to 250 let alone 350.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Not understanding the value of having Hazelwood out batting in this situation.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
None of the first 4 bar Burns want to stay there and bore the opposition.It's all crazy shots and poor judgement

zing

Zingle balls
The best thing about test cricket is - regardless of how shit your team is at batting, every innings starts with a lot of hope as a fan.. usually crushed in 2 hours.

Be brilliant if England keep the series alive.

Inigo Montoya

The best thing about test cricket is - regardless of how shit your team is at batting, every innings starts with a lot of hope as a fan.. usually crushed in 2 hours.

Bet you didn't say that down under

NinjaFletch

The good news is that the pitch doesn't seem to be misbehaving that much. The bad news is that England have racked up a higher first innings score than this just twice since the start of 2018.

zing

Zingle balls
Bet you didn't say that down under
I support India, and I think we're going to put up a proper score every single time away under pressure. Usually is a garbage performance 90% of the time, barring the last Australia series.

Skills

Snitch
On paper, anything under 350 is achievable but England don't have a Sangkakarra,VVS,Alec Stewart type(among others) who bat for long periods
Joe Root is too good not to deliver eventually. And the stage is perfectly set up for him to do it

zing

Zingle balls
Joe Root is too good not to deliver eventually. And the stage is perfectly set up for him to do it
Agree - some real under rating of Root these days..

He's not delivered in awhile - but he is class

In fact - he's better than all 3 batsmen named - Sangakarra, Laxman, Stewart

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

Disagree.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The only saving grace for England right now is that the pitch isn’t close to breaking up yet, and there won’t be much cloud cover.

So they have alot of day 3 and 4 in relatively good batting conditions. That makes it a lot easier than most 4th innings chases.

Every batsman has to have the intent to play the longest inning they’ve ever played. If the teams manages to bat 5 sessions, they win.

zing

Zingle balls
Disagree.
Yea - I was just checking Sangakarra's stats on Cricinfo.. my recollection of him is someone who did not play many notable innings away from home, but Cricinfo stats shows less variance in average across countries than I thought. Maybe my memory is hazy and I'm wrong.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town

It’s great isn’t it, but 2 hours might be optimistic the way we’ve been batting :lol:

Inigo Montoya

Christ, look at the attacks they faced. Brett Lee, McGrath,Warne etc.

The Aussies said they didn't have an idea how to get VVS out.

NinjaFletch

Maybe this just shows my inexperience playing quicker bowling, but I never, ever understand why that's such a common dismissal in test cricket. Surely, you never, ever need to play at that?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Beautiful delivery

The Aussie attack is the best it’s been for years; and that’s without even playing Starc