English cricket thread

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Woodford is a nice area!

Yeah. We’ve had quite a few very successful sportsman. Mark Petchey was same year as Hussein and England’s no 1 tennis player for a while. Later on we had England wicket keeper James Foster.

I played in 1st XI cricket (opening bowler) and 1st XI football (right back) in my final year. Quinton Fortune played in that side a year after I left, but was in my ‘house’ of which I was house captain.

Forest also had Al Qaeda militant and financial whizz Omar Sheik as a student, who was year below me. He was England U15 chess champion and got grade A in maths gcse aged 13: one of the cleverest kids ever, and was then headhunted and brainwashed by Al Qaeda while at LSE.
Interesting stuff

I used to know James Foster's parents when I was a member at the Wells Club in Woodford. He was a great little tennis player. His height would have held him back though.
Knew Petchey from my squash days at the Connaught Club. His dad was nice but his mum was a piece of work!!! Racist

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Interesting stuff

I used to know James Foster's parents when I was a member at the Wells Club in Woodford. He was a great little tennis player. His height would have held him back though.
Knew Petchey from my squash days at the Connaught Club. His dad was nice but his mum was a piece of work!!! Racist
Which was your school?

Did you play Petchey at squash? Was he any good? How good were you?

Yeah, we also had tennis player David Felgate and his twat little brother who were both racists too. Was quiet a lot of that stuff in those days. Changed nowadays though :lol:

Cloud7

How many times in the past few years has it felt like England’s hopes rest squarely on Stokes’ shoulders?

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Herculean effort required now.

Think that moment of indecision with Butler May have undone all the hard work.

Or maybe Archer to the rescue again?!
Carbon copy of the situation Kusal Perera found himself in vs South Africa earlier this year.

NinjaFletch

Not sure I'd want to be wearing a feck off gold chain when I know the balls going to be coming at me at 90mph.

Sylar

With the amount of time left, the number of runs left and with stokes set, don't understand why the others have to get carried away.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
With the amount of time left, the number of runs left and with stokes set, don't understand why the others have to get carried away.
Australia are just gonna set defensive fields to Stokes and work one end, England can't win without the others scoring 30-40.