English cricket thread

NinjaFletch

Australia are just gonna set defensive fields to Stokes and work one end, England can't win without the others scoring 30-40.
Yeah, absolutely the right strategy in general. Just completely needless to go for the third one after you'd taken nine off the over.

Sylar

Australia are just gonna set defensive fields to Stokes and work one end, England can't win without the others scoring 30-40.
Which is fine but some silly wickets given away. The bowlers would get frustrated and let some loose ones go against stokes if England weren't trying to press and force it

starman

Complete brain dead batting from England today. Getting runout in a test with vast amount of time left sums it up..

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Wow. Leach is a decent bat. This could be a great match.

Cloud7

Regardless of how this ends this has been an awesome innings by Stokes.
England's best player in my opinion. He's much more of a clutch player than Root. I might be in a minority with this view, but if I could only have one on my team, it would be Stokes.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
England's best player in my opinion. He's much more of a clutch player than Root. I might be in a minority with this view, but if I could only have one on my team, it would be Stokes.
100%, he’s just got a winners state of mind and you know he’s never going to shy away from the pressure.

Root is great as an anchor when he’s scoring runs like he usually does but I wouldn’t back him to be the main man.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Yes.
The thing about Stokes is that apart from his great skills, he has attitude.
And fighters have attitude.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
As much as I love short format cricket it doesn’t get better than this.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What a century. Take a bow. fecking hell.

Cloud7

Considering the occasion, the batsmen collapsing around him, this is one of the best centuries I've ever watched