English cricket thread

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Tea coming at the wrong time for Australia here I feel. Think they might struggle to get going again.

arnie_ni

Horrible defensive field here by root. Aus are on the ropes here. Have 3 or 4 men around the bat for leach.

Dont rate him as a captain.

Dan_F

Agreed. This is bizarre. At least put Stokes on to get the crowd up, if you’re not going to use Archer/Broad.

arnie_ni

Agreed. This is bizarre. At least put Stokes on to get the crowd up, if you’re not going to use Archer/Broad.
You've a change to knock them over tonight and win the game, go all in.

He's playing for a draw with his fields and bowling options.

arnie_ni

Just listen to the crowd simply because broad is on. Missed a trick here root

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
England have been completely outplayed in this series in every single match . Miracle that it's not over yet but it will be tomorrow. I am going to be at Old Trafford to witness England losing :(

arnie_ni

Smith has been incredible this Ashes.
Best test player ive seen.

Ive see tendulkar at the end of his career when i was very young and can't remember much of him, but smith is the best modern day test player ive seen.

Kohli being the best odi player

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Smith is officially at Tendulkar/Lara level and certainly above every other batsman in world cricket.

Shame he also endorsed cheating but there we go

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
England have been completely outplayed in this series in every single match . Miracle that it's not over yet but it will be tomorrow. I am going to be at Old Trafford to witness England losing :(
Australia were 112/8 in the first test, Steve Smith dragged them to 284. England had a 90 run first innings lead.

England held a first innings lead at Lords, in the 2nd Test. And were chasing victory on the final day.

Won the 3rd Test, chasing 360 after being bowled out for 67. We’ve been poor, really poor at times but not completely outplayed.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Finally get Smith... another terrific knock from him.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Smith deserved a ton, he was batting without a care to get runs and yet looked like he was in his own world.

But bloody hell just as good innings as a double ton.

arnie_ni

Well done by paine. Thought he'd bat into tomorrow. Made the right choice here

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Australia will be disappointed to be in this position IMO. England could just as easily be out for under 250 as they could digging in and slowly chipping away at the time and total. I think they should have opened their shoulders a bit earlier and given themselves more time to attack England. They had the wickets to work with.

Dan_F

Australia will be disappointed to be in this position IMO. England could just as easily be out for under 250 as they could digging in and slowly chipping away at the time and total. I think they should have opened their shoulders a bit earlier and given themselves more time to attack England. They had the wickets to work with.
The way it’s set up I don’t blame them. England are the ones needing to win, it’s right of them not to be too aggressive.

Plus let’s be honest, we ain’t going to bat all day on a day 5 pitch.

arnie_ni

This is why joe root came out so defensive after dinner. He didnt want them to declare or to bowl them out

zing

Zingle balls
Guessing you started typing that at 0/0

zing

Zingle balls
The two followup balls to Roy were very good. No way he will survive end of day if they bowl like that.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
the state of England :lol:

Root wicket was a beauty

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Another miracle required tomorrow via a career best from either Roy, Denly, Bairstow or Buttler. Thing is one of them might get a decent ton, but cant see him getting enough time with partners to make it count.

Surely England cant do it again tomorrow? Stokes AGAIN?!