English cricket thread

rajds89

feck off Jonny. Batting in this series has been a joke. White wash incoming.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
As a very casual cricket watcher I have a question. What is Bairstow actually good at?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Hopefully the last we see of Bairstow this series regardless of the result.

Wilt

Bairstow has been absolutely awful this series ….last England innings for a while me thinks

Dan_F

Yikes. Pretty embarrassing this. Woakes going to remember he can actually bat a bit?

Dannn411

The middle of the batting order surrendering so meekly like that with such a straightforward chase just about sums up England Cricket.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Even if he averages 10 more with the bat than whoever's the next option, I don't understand not having a proper WK in test match cricket. It's always going to cost you triple that every innings in drops and extras anyway, even if he was in form.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Bairstow has been absolutely awful this series ….last England innings for a while me thinks
Giving him the gloves back was a terrible idea. His loss in confidence with his keeping has affected his batting.

England have taken so many steps back this series, it’s unreal.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
The middle of the batting order surrendering so meekly like that with such a straightforward chase just about sums up England Cricket.
To be fair Smith and Labuschagne chucked away their wickets to set this chase up, been some very odd cricket this series. Riveting but odd.

LDUred

England picked Jonny for his runs but he's conceded more runs in the field than he's scored with the bat, and to bring him in they have dropped a good keeper with a sound temperament who has a decent batting average.