English & Irish Cricket Summer 2018

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Lancashire paying the price for the terrible batting order , your best players should always be playing the most balls in t20

paulscholes18

I'm sorry, I'm sure Davies is a good player and Lilley is fine too, but there is absolutely no sense whatsoever in having one of the world's best players coming in at four behind them.
Don’t get whatsoever, he’s good enough to open in IPL and for England but not good enough to open for Lancashire

NinjaFletch

Tbf it was just hyperbole but he has been really impressive all season long , no one seems to be able to pick the slower ones
I know, but there have been stranger picks over the years and that sort of performance with the ball will get teams sitting up.

NinjaFletch

Archer's weird.

He hits 90mph easily but doesn't really get through his action. You'd probably break him if you started tinkering with him, but genuinely think he could get quicker still.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good catch. That might be the game.

ha_rooney

Terrific chase from Worcester & a very good knock from Cox.

ha_rooney

Another very good finals day. Enjoyed that.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Archer is very talented but he needs to be hitting the blockhole at that pace.

ArmchairCritic

Archer's weird.

He hits 90mph easily but doesn't really get through his action. You'd probably break him if you started tinkering with him, but genuinely think he could get quicker still.
Chris Jordan is better at scouting quick bowlers than the ECB.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Really happy for them all, you see these lads out around town and on nights out and they’re sound, and it’s great to see them win.

ArmchairCritic

Burns, Denly, Pope, Stone and Leach all in the Sri Lanka test squad. Jennings on his last chance as well. Expect England to get whitewashed.

paulscholes18

Foakes :drool: pleased that he has finally been given a chance, and he has taken it well, still England need to find a #3 as Ali isn’t that guy

zing

Zingle balls
Sam Curran will be a top order mainstay in some years..

Robbo's Shoulder

Supports
United and Barrow AFC
Middle and lower order pull us out the shit again, really impressed with Foakes with great support from Curren and Rashid.
Decent days cricket that.

JohnnyKills

Pleased for Rashid. Think he gets a bit of a raw deal from Root sometimes although he doesn't help himself with the bad balls.

On a side note - what about Alec Stewart for England's next head coach? An absolute legend as a player (would probably make the all-time best XI as a keeper-batsman) and he's nurtured about half the current squad (Burns, Foakes, Curran x 2, Pope). And he's just won the Championship. Would surely be worth giving him a go.

Also, are we going to create a dedicated thread, given the summer is now over?

JohnnyKills

Sam Curran will be a top order mainstay in some years..
That's his long-term role for sure.

He's still very much in the honeymoon period but I'm not sure he's got enough about his bowling to be effective long-term. Short, slight, no pace... unless he can find a way of moving it the other way, and developing loads of variations with cutters and slower balls, can't say him surviving as a front-line bowler. A better bet would be to bat in the top 6 and bowl a few overs here and there.