Enhanced Games - Olympics for drug cheats

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
An Olympic-styled competition for drug-taking athletes is being launched.

Athletics, Weightlifting, Swimming, Gymnastics and Combat Sports will be the 5 sports at the games in December 2024.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
As long as the drugs aren’t actually illegal then I am all for it. Would be a very interesting case study at least.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
As long as the drugs aren’t actually illegal then I am all for it. Would be a very interesting case study at least.

Surely the cream of competitors would aim for Olympics anyway so these athletes would probably not be in the same league.

Most athletes are probably juicing anyway so doubt there would be many records set at these games.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Aren't a lot of the popular PEDs actually illegal?
A significant number aren't, furosemide is a commonly prescribed drug (basically a water tablet) - an athlete caught using that is looking at an automatic ban

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I do agree with him that the drug-testing systems in most sports are broken and riddled with inaccuracies and corruption.

This sentence I find a bit sketchy though:

“I want to see a 40, 50, 60-year-old break world records because performance medicine is the rod to anti-ageing, it’s the route to the fountain of youth”.

I think if you gave ultra-competitive athletes absolute carte Blanche to use whatever they wanted without having to hide it from testing, they’d end up dropping dead all over the place. Just look at bodybuilders, they get free reign and they’ve all got fecked internal organs by 40

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I’ve partaken in K-Olympics and can confirm it would make incredible TV
I tried climbing on ket once

By climbing I mean climb 2 flights of stairs from the basement where we were doing lines to the toilet, I collapsed on the final set of stairs and had to crawl into the toilet to avoid pissing myself

Gold medal performance

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
I tried climbing on ket once

By climbing I mean climb 2 flights of stairs from the basement where we were doing lines to the toilet, I collapsed on the final set of stairs and had to crawl into the toilet to avoid pissing myself

Gold medal performance
:lol: it does make me a little sad I’ll never do anything like this again.

Red Rash

As ridiculous as this idea seems I'm sure everyone here would have loved to see how quickly a juiced to the gills Usain Bolt could have run the 100m in his prime.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
As ridiculous as this idea seems I'm sure everyone here would have loved to see how quickly a juiced to the gills Usain Bolt could have run the 100m in his prime.
He probably was.

The rest of his teammates were all juicing and his coach referred himself more as a chemist than a coach.

mitChley

Good way to let WADA know which athletes to test. Anyone semi decent won't be anywhere near this, as they'll be doing Euros/Worlds/Olympics and in a lot of countries be on a system like ADAMS.

Also, I hate the whole "Let's make a untested Olympics, I want to see someone run 8sec 100m" arguments as it just encourages countries like Russia to force drugs on 8 year old girls (not that they don't now, but atleast there is some regulation and testing).

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Good way to let WADA know which athletes to test. Anyone semi decent won't be anywhere near this, as they'll be doing Euros/Worlds/Olympics and in a lot of countries be on a system like ADAMS.

Also, I hate the whole "Let's make a untested Olympics, I want to see someone run 8sec 100m" arguments as it just encourages countries like Russia to force drugs on 8 year old girls (not that they don't now, but atleast there is some regulation and testing).
Logic eh

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
It would certainly make the after race congratulately hugs between the competitors interesting
They'd never get to experience it as the closer they'd get to the finishing line the further away it would appear.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Pure marketing gimmick.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
I thought the name of the guy who founded the event sounded familiar. Turns out he was a lawyer I worked with very briefly 10 years ago. I had no idea he had jumped on the right wing politics train. Peter Thiel's money is funding a lot of this.

RedRover

I do agree with him that the drug-testing systems in most sports are broken and riddled with inaccuracies and corruption.

This sentence I find a bit sketchy though:

“I want to see a 40, 50, 60-year-old break world records because performance medicine is the rod to anti-ageing, it’s the route to the fountain of youth”.

I think if you gave ultra-competitive athletes absolute carte Blanche to use whatever they wanted without having to hide it from testing, they’d end up dropping dead all over the place. Just look at bodybuilders, they get free reign and they’ve all got fecked internal organs by 40
There's a big problem coming down the line for all of the young lads full of gear in every gym up and down the land, as well.

I sort of understand pro-sportsmen taking PED's to get the edge, or to even get to the level they need to compete and have a career. I don't get young lads doing it because they're going to Ibiza for a week, or (as I've seen) lads taking it to finish third in a local CrossFit competition. Madness.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
The website is bonkers. Considering the politics of the people behind it I’ll have to assume this sort of “woke speak” is a deliberate parody.

The Colonialist Origins of Doping
Steeped in racial prejudice, ‘doping’ and its variations are harmful words wielded by sports federations to keep athletes from embracing science.
The term originates from the colonialist Dutch forces’ description of the performance enhancements used by the defending West African tribes.
The word was soon used to describe the medical enhancements given to horses, before being weaponized against the black population in the 1980s War on Drugs. Today, black athletes are disproportionately accused of ‘doping’.
‘Doping’ is a colonialist slur that reeks of symbolic and historic violence against both the black and enhanced populations, and needs to be removed from our vocabulary.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
It won’t work. The advertising gimmick that they already have a sprinter who has broken Bolt’s world record is nonsense. Bolt’s time is so far ahead of the current pack that it doesn’t matter how many illegal drugs are used - they won’t make up the difference. Even then it’s almost certain that it won’t attract existing elite athletes who have much more to lose from participating. It’s possible they can lure in a sub-elite sprinter who can’t make a living from athletics and has less to lose professionally. But we’d be looking at a guy who runs about 10.3 for the 100m. For him to break Usain’s record, even doped up to the gills, he’d need a hurricane wind whipping him along a downhill track.